Author Topic: Do you think the game got TOO user friendly at the end?  (Read 32985 times)

silvers1

• Boss
Re: Do you think the game got TOO user friendly at the end?
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »
*shrug* I made one when 50 was required to unlock the squids.  And promptly made one...and as underwhelmed.  I think I pushed one to level 28....yuk. 

I know some folks loved them some Kheldians....I ain't one of em.

I'd have to agree with this sentiment.  An archtype where you could essentially swap between being a toned down blaster or a toned down
tank didnt appeal to me at all.  I'll play my blaster or my tank....   The only VEAT that I played to 50 was my Fortunata, an interesting combination
of DPS and survivability.
--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2013, 12:51:17 PM »
Yeah, i was never overly thrilled with any of the Epic Archtypes, to be honest.
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
Yeah, i was never overly thrilled with any of the Epic Archtypes, to be honest.

*shrug* To each their own.  To be honest, you really had to read a guide to make effective use of the HEATs.  Mine languished until I did.
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2013, 11:51:51 PM »
Mmmm....I didn't care for an Arrow pointing to  just about every person of interest in a zone.
Made things, well...retarded.

I think just having the glowing circle around Trainers was sufficient.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2013, 12:06:18 AM »
Mmmm....I didn't care for an Arrow pointing to  just about every person of interest in a zone.
Made things, well...retarded WoW like.

Fixed
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Lucky666

• Underling
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2013, 02:04:13 AM »
Afterburner at least made flight faster than ninja run. I never used it around speedsters to see if it leveled the playing field, there. Teleport was always the fastest way to travel, anyway, so I never faulted them giving it the more epic boost. I only had a handful of characters whose concept called for teleport as a travel power, so I never ended up getting much use out of the zone teleport.

Afterburner was great. With it you reached 75mph I remember it was like 1 mph faster then superjump top speed. Also it let you go higher then that if someone gave you speed boost I'm pretty sure it topped out at 88mph only a few less then Super speed. That's if you could get SB that is.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2013, 03:36:20 AM »
Add a Delorean and you have the super-secret [Time Travel] power pool!

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2013, 03:10:06 PM »
My several Time Manipulation characters would like to inform you that those powers weren't actually very secret at all. :p

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2013, 03:29:53 PM »
No, not [Time Manipulation], but the [Time Travel] from the auxiliary power pools.  You know, the one that would let you go back and play those WW II and Civil War missions in the pigg files...

(And yes, Time Manipulation was an incredible set.  I had to force myself to not make more with it, because it was just that useful and fun...)

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2013, 07:03:04 PM »
No, not [Time Manipulation], but the [Time Travel] from the auxiliary power pools.  You know, the one that would let you go back and play those WW II and Civil War missions in the pigg files...

(And yes, Time Manipulation was an incredible set.  I had to force myself to not make more with it, because it was just that useful and fun...)

I had only just gotten into it.  I was leveling a Bots/Time MM when the announcement hit.  Probably wouldn't have bought the set if I'd known that was coming.

Bitter?  ...Yeah.  Just a TAD.
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

Mantic

• Boss
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »
I maybe shouldn't admit it but in just the last year before the closure I spent over $1K on CoX. Not only was I maintaining multiple accounts and a sucker for anything costume-related, I was often buying items off the market with a mind to future prospects. Picking up enhancement boosters and AE slots in bulk when they went on sale. I justified that splurging in my mind as showing support for the flood of development the game was getting, as well as getting goodies for myself in the bargain.

So, yeah, I'm pretty bitter that NCSoft ultimately showed no appreciation for that kind of devotion (surely I was just one of many throwing significant money at CoX, even if the subscriber population was only a couple few thousand strong), and that most of that stuff wound up unused. When was that last sale on AE slots? Like a week before the announcement...?

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2013, 01:38:26 AM »
I believe I bought the water blast power set just a week before the closure announcement.

It was a great set too.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2013, 03:30:11 AM »
I'm still sad I never managed to get a water blast character high enough to actually use the really awesome looking nuke it had.

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »
I'm still sad I never managed to get a water blast character high enough to actually use the really awesome looking nuke it had.
My storm/water (called storm water) quickly became one of my all time fav characters. Sigh.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2013, 11:59:13 AM »
Likewise, I finally got enough points off of my sub to grab Water Blast near the end.  Didn't get too far with it, but I was really enjoying the set.

Candie Firestar

• Underling
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »
I have to add my voice to the side who missed the Green Line and Yellow Line as separate trains. Yes, the trains were un-heroic, in the first place, but the separation made you feel like you had accomplished something by getting to the Green Line. Ditto for making it to the Icon store at the north end of Steel, or, better, the one in IP by trying to sneak past the mobs between the King's Row tunnel and the tailor. That was almost as much a rite of passage as crossing the Hollows.

Plus one.  I think the merging of the train lines did make it easier to get around the city, but I think it did reduce the value of the teleporters in SG bases.  After the trains merged, I think the only teleporters worth keeping were the ones that went to remote zones that didn't have train stations (Perez Park, Boomtown, The Hive, Striga, Peregrine Island etc.,)

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2013, 10:13:21 PM »
I kinda refused to use the trainers as costume contacts. I liked going into icon. Especially when I imagine someone like Edna from the Incredibles being in the back room . . .
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2013, 11:53:16 PM »
I actually liked the game more and more as it grew.  After it went Freedom I probably spent more on it in that year than I have in any other game before or since.  I had to have all the costumes and powers that were put in the store that didn't come with the subscription.  It was total OCD for me.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2013, 12:10:42 AM »
I kinda refused to use the trainers as costume contacts. I liked going into icon. Especially when I imagine someone like Edna from the Incredibles being in the back room . . .
you have no idea how much I would have loved to ding dong into an Icon and hear Edna screaming from the back room "No Capes! (until level 20)"
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2013, 05:45:29 AM »
you have no idea how much I would have loved to ding dong into an Icon and hear Edna screaming from the back room "No Capes! (until level 20)"

hahaha. xD just amazing. Thik about some of the tests she would have had to run for some of the powersets. :o
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!