Author Topic: Nighthawk  (Read 6047 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Nighthawk
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:44:19 AM »
Okay.

Ran that last night and got the final mission picked up. We didn't make a scratch in the final boss on the team that I had-- mainly because I think two of the five people dropped out on us before we even started....

Hopefully I get a chance to finish the darn thing before the event is over ... >.>

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Re: Nighthawk
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 12:56:41 PM »
Finished it on the 2nd run. Died both times a lot. 1st run people dropped out on me and the other guy. Actually, the voice overs are the most painful part...
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 01:48:16 PM »
Admittedly, I'm still trying to get a "feel" for the game, but I just don't get this event. I was in RenCen when I saw a message saying that Nighthawk had been sighted at the bank, so I ran over to the bank. There were a couple of other people there, looking as confused as I was, and a lot of cops running around, but no Nighthawk. After a few minutes, I gave up and went back to what I was doing. Farming questionite. ;D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:49:22 PM »
He has bad breath... Big event like this, and no Binaca.. Or maybe,., that was part of his attack!

Admittedly, I'm still trying to get a "feel" for the game, but I just don't get this event. I was in RenCen when I saw a message saying that Nighthawk had been sighted at the bank, so I ran over to the bank. There were a couple of other people there, looking as confused as I was, and a lot of cops running around, but no Nighthawk. After a few minutes, I gave up and went back to what I was doing. Farming questionite. ;D

edit: Ok so I still have a good connection and some time...so.... lemme go look.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:12:35 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »
Oh, my problem (since I didn't directly mention it in the actual thread for this :)) turned out to be isolated to my desktop. My laptop and my son's laptop were able to connect just fine. I'm sure everything will be peachy until tonight, when I actually plan on playing.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »
OK well, regarding finding Nighthawk?, all you have to do is go to where the cops are staring and pointing their guns and walk into the buildings (warehouse, bank, the third one) (look for flashies that show the entrance doors) and keep smacking goons around until you get to Nighthawk? and then beat him down as well.

When you get done doing that, then pick up circumstantial evidence around the Nighthawk? fight sites. You can do this by looking for Nighthawk's goons and fighting them down and looting them and you can also get it by investigating a re-popping crime scene that is surrounded by police barriers and police (at the Nighthawk? sites).

Then you have to go apprehend some Franklin guy but I gotta find out about that hopefully tonite  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 04:27:09 PM »
OK, I'm not sure if you were doing it on purpose, but I now have to make a character that almost infringes copyright, and name it <character?>. I'll probably have to spend a good hour playing with the costume creator to figure out who it's going to be, tho. :)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »
Just so you all know; I saw the police scanner popups and did the "arrest Nighthawk" door missions first, but you have to get the mission from Defender before you can do the final boss battle. It seems to work whether you go to him first or after gathering the evidence, though. The entire event is confusing really. Of course, I didn't get a big fat drop at the end (I think you can even get a rare vehicle to drop occasionally.)
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 07:55:01 PM »
Yes, the event was confusing for me, too.

- I followed the messages to the three locations, entered, and got the rewards for defeating the faux Nighthawks. I actually visited Defender and accepted his mission after I had already completed one of the instances.

- I couldn't figure out how to find the required 10 pieces of circumstantial evidence. Eventually, I asked other players, and someone directed me to search the city for circles of police, wooden horses, and cones. I only had to fight one group of black-clad Nighthawk minions while collecting the 10 glowies.

- I queued for the team-up finale, and luckily the other players were more familiar with operating a flying vehicle than me. With them leading the fight, we defeated the villain within the time limit.

It was an interesting spectacle once. But, I'm not anxious to do it again with other characters--not even for the 2,000 Questionite reward from Defender.

I'd rather do the standard alerts. I can complete them faster.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:15:16 AM by Todogut »

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 08:02:48 PM »
Okay.

Ran that last night and got the final mission picked up. We didn't make a scratch in the final boss on the team that I had-- mainly because I think two of the five people dropped out on us before we even started....

Hopefully I get a chance to finish the darn thing before the event is over ... >.>
You will. Once you get the hang of it, it's an interesting but simple fight.
The hardest part is dealing with dropouts before the fight even begins, some drop out to be a butt but many drop out involuntary due to connection issues many people been having lately.

I plan on doing it either tonight or tomorrow after noon. Tonight is more likely though.

Last time I did it, I was fairly new in that game and first time touching a vehicle or even knowing of thier existance and it took two tries, with only one person that was veteran, the rest were fresh people that never played before. The first time, three people dropped as soon as the cut scene ended on the last mission, the other guy decided it wasnt worth the effort to try it especially neither of us did it before and wasnt sure how it was supposed to go.

The second time went better. I died quite few times as I learned the concept of controlling the vehicle and we went on and got it, even one person DCed (came back into the chat channel and said so). I didnt have clue of what I was doing so we just followed the guy that knew the process.

Sometimes an inexperienced team with one that know what's up is better than 5 experienced guys. In the first team one guy is leader and new people tend to follow the process and ideas better. 5 veterans, everyone have their own idea own way of doing it and think their way is the best and the rest is stupid thus not much team work happens sometimes even though on paper the experience and powers combines should mean easy pickings.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »
Yes, the event was confusing for me, too.

- I followed the messages to the three locations, entered, and got the rewards for defeating the faux Nighthawks. I actually visited Defender and accepted his mission after I had already completed one of the instances.

- I couldn't figure out how to find the required 10 pieces of circumstantial evidence. Eventually, I asked other players, and someone directed me to search the city for circles of police, wooden horses, and cones. I only had to fight one group of black-clad Nighthawk minions while collecting the 10 glowies.

- I queued for the team-up finale, and luckily the other players were more familiar with operating a flying vehicle than me. With them leading the fight, we defeated the villain within the time limit.

It was an interesting spectacle once. But, I'm not anxious to do it again with other characters--not even for the 2,000 Questionite reward from Defender.

I'd rather do the standard alerts. I can do them faster.
Yeah. I defeated the Nighthawk impersonators first, then went to Defender. Apparently works both ways. I found defeating the minions for evidence pretty easy since they were clustered around the missions (did run into one group of purples that did me in, though). Actually didn't know about the evidence gathering at the sites until I ran across run accidentally...
For me, the voice acting was grating and amateurish (and mandatory to sit through each time...). At least the cut scene characters actually moved correctly. I laugh out loud every time the characters of some events (read almost all of them) go scooting across the floor without moving their legs. Guess roller skates are still a hot thing in MC. Long live the '70's...

BTW, I saw you ingame the other day.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 09:32:06 PM »
Vehicles? Oh. No thanks.

It took me *scrolls down* maybe an hour to get to the final fight and I wasn't even anywhere near awake this morning so it can't be all that complicated to make it that far : )

Worst thing that tripped me up was I kept reading the HUD wrong (short story version) and so I redid 2 of the Nighthawk....? (hehe) fights at least once or twice.

Just keep checking your map for red circles, your HUD for which location you already cleared (and how many CE's you looted and for the button to click that tells you to get the mish from Defender) and don't forget to loot any event goons you subdue and look for flashies and you can make it to the last fight easy enough.
Some Faves: