Author Topic: Monster Island Crisis  (Read 2514 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Monster Island Crisis
« on: June 13, 2013, 02:45:50 AM »
So, tonight marks only the second time I finished that particular crisis. Now the only one I haven't experienced yet is the Lemurian one.

On the whole, I found it to be pretty well done, but a bit more of an extended mission than rather the several mini missions you have in the Desert Crisis or Vibora Bay.

It's something I'll probably do again, but it still ranks under Vibora Bay Apocalypse for me.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: Monster Island Crisis
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 03:09:09 AM »
I wish they'd get around to fixing the Lemuria one already, it's been bugged for ages.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 05:47:28 AM »
My favorite crisis is easily the Monster Island crisis.  The biggest problem with the first two (Canada and the desert) is that they are more or less a few missions.  Lemuria is decent to, but it can sometimes drag on due to the flow.  Vibora bay is by far my most hated crisis.  Besides being forced to do it to enter vibora bay, all of it's missions are only doable one at a time, and it tends to drag on.  As much as I like story, it wasn't honestly my favorite for some reason either, even though most people tend to like it's story the most.  It's just to long for me.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »
Super secret: You can enter the powerhouse in the VB Mall alert map, then exit it to end up in Vibora Bay. Presto, no crisis.
Spess

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »
Super secret: You can enter the powerhouse in the VB Mall alert map, then exit it to end up in Vibora Bay. Presto, no crisis.

Even more super secret: That Alert Map entrance takes you to the OLD Powerhouse, which is still in the game. All the open world entrances to the powerhouse take you to the new version with the arenas and the theater.

It's an interesting historical find. If you want to see what the powerhouse looked like at game launch, then you might be interested in this.

And to make it more clear - When Brou mentioned the "VB Mall Alert Map" he means that one type of alert that, if you look at the mission name, will always say "A Day at the Mall". Pretty sure it's classed as a "Grab" type alert. And the Powerhouse entrance is right behind where the players start (behind the police cars) at the beginning of the alert.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 11:46:50 PM »
Hey a Champions thread.  I like the Vibora bay arc EXCEPT for the 'Kill Zombies in Crates' mission.  I know not to use a building power and that only the vibrating ones might have zombies, but I have spent literally hours in that mish to get all the ones I need.  Literally, last time I was in an hour and found 4 !  I have bugged to complain about that drop rate, but heard nothing back.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 12:53:48 AM »
Hey a Champions thread.  I like the Vibora bay arc EXCEPT for the 'Kill Zombies in Crates' mission.  I know not to use a building power and that only the vibrating ones might have zombies, but I have spent literally hours in that mish to get all the ones I need.  Literally, last time I was in an hour and found 4 !  I have bugged to complain about that drop rate, but heard nothing back.

Sometimes I have horrible luck with that mish and sometimes it works out right away.