Author Topic: Google Search for today 6/10/2013  (Read 3931 times)

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
Google Search for today 6/10/2013
« on: June 10, 2013, 03:17:35 PM »
I brought up the Google Search engine on my computer (its default) and they have a mini cartoon on it for the writer of "Where the Wild Things Are".   It's his birthday.  Hit the play button and enjoy.  I think this is a perfect reason for Google to take over City of Heroes.  It shows creativity and that they care about things that are artistic in nature (thus they are showing their artistic side).  I just wanted to point that out.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Google Search for today 6/10/2013
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:44:09 AM »
I brought up the Google Search engine on my computer (its default) and they have a mini cartoon on it for the writer of "Where the Wild Things Are".   It's his birthday.  Hit the play button and enjoy.  I think this is a perfect reason for Google to take over City of Heroes.  It shows creativity and that they care about things that are artistic in nature (thus they are showing their artistic side).  I just wanted to point that out.

Nice tie in, Heroette!  Yes, I (still) have google as my default search engine and enjoyed the tribute to what would have been Maurice Sendak's 85th birthday.  That was one of the longest Google Doodles I have yet seen.  Perhaps it's customary for them to do so--I ain't exactly a maven of popular culture--but even USA Today and CNET reported on this:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/06/10/google-doodle-maurice-sendak-birthday-wild-things/2407789/  and http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57588460-93/google-doodle-throws-wild-rumpus-for-maurice-sendak/
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:14:59 AM »
Google Doodles always get good press, the prettier or sillier they are, the more they get. I'm always impressed by the Doodles. I used to have a website bookmarked that basically 'cached' each Doodle so you could go back and look at old ones, but it shut down due to traffic overload (they didn't want to put ads on it because it's legally gray/bad to generate revenue off someone else's copyrighted content).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:19:09 AM »
I used to have a website bookmarked that basically 'cached' each Doodle so you could go back and look at old ones, but it shut down due to traffic overload
Fortunately, Google has one of those, too.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »
I knew it would be so but I was sad this morning when I saw it was gone.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:14 AM »
If Paragon City came back, there would be a wild rumpus indeed.