Author Topic: I can read dll  (Read 22303 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Re: I can read dll
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »
Codewalker I have the method you need.

seeing as the server is not active there shoudl be no confirmable anti-hacking software, so when the client asks for encryption we can fix that by using a hook to return a simple statement encryption=true.

doing that will let the client think it's been told how to encrypt the packets even though it's bassically been shrugged off.

http://easyhook.codeplex.com/

by the way, I got help on this idea I can't claim all of it.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Dragonsire

• Underling
    • DragonSire Mods
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2013, 03:18:54 AM »
Okay I'm poking around in the exe, probably wasting my time looking at things long since figured out...but hey everyone needs a hobby right?

But tracing back some subs I'm confused by...well a bunch of stuff, but at the moment looking at a couple WSASocketA Requests asking for IPV4 Sock Stream, with provider specified protocol etc etc, they all are requesting 127.0.0.1, ....but to be honest i haven't been looking long...way too much to drink and not nearly enough sleep...but before I look at this and just speculate that it's some local internet check, or merely opening a local port, or other should be obvious but at the moment is not...I wanted to be sure that the SAVE COH files used  for ICON, haven't been altered....and if so to what extent...and if they have and that is well pointed out somewhere, I would point out again...way too tired probably to be even looking at this mess off code.
"Reality is Boring"

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2013, 02:56:54 PM »
Okay I'm poking around in the exe, probably wasting my time looking at things long since figured out...but hey everyone needs a hobby right?

But tracing back some subs I'm confused by...well a bunch of stuff, but at the moment looking at a couple WSASocketA Requests asking for IPV4 Sock Stream, with provider specified protocol etc etc, they all are requesting 127.0.0.1, ....but to be honest i haven't been looking long...way too much to drink and not nearly enough sleep...but before I look at this and just speculate that it's some local internet check, or merely opening a local port, or other should be obvious but at the moment is not...I wanted to be sure that the SAVE COH files used  for ICON, haven't been altered....and if so to what extent...and if they have and that is well pointed out somewhere, I would point out again...way too tired probably to be even looking at this mess off code.

127.0.0.1 is localhost, e.g., you.

Icon is not doing anything malicious or connecting to servers without your notice/approval, rest assured.

8)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Dragonsire

• Underling
    • DragonSire Mods
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »
127.0.0.1 is localhost, e.g., you.

Icon is not doing anything malicious or connecting to servers without your notice/approval, rest assured.

8)

lol never considered that actually..was more wandering if the file (cityofheroes.exe) had been altered to not communicate to ncsoft etc, and forced local (127.0.0.1..yes i understand what it is). But I have since had some rest...grabbed an older copy of the exe and confirmed it was not altered (at least the section i was looking at). Just didn't want to waste time pulling exe apart only to find some things had been changed in the exe. Assembly isn't fun to read lol
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:22:42 PM by Dragonsire »
"Reality is Boring"

Dragonsire

• Underling
    • DragonSire Mods
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2013, 04:35:41 PM »
 I've only been poking around for a couple days, but it doesn't seem overly complicated of a layout. Some of it has me scratching my head at first glace, but really so far all I have had time to do was  a quick dirty ASM > C  > .NET conversion just to make reading a little easier, since it's been ages since i looked at assembly. I'm sure all the difficult stuff has been worked out for the most part, but I reactivated (from over a year ago) and been playing swtor..and it just...well sucks. The more I play the less I like it lol So made me dig around and see what progress has been made on City.

I've heard about Plan Z...wish them the best, but I was really hoping any true successor would be open source...built by the community for the community type thing. Because if it does prove viable, and it closes we are back to square one lol. But again, all the best with it.

So I figured I will poke around some, and if a server gets released before i can find anything viable, all the better.
"Reality is Boring"