Author Topic: I can read dll  (Read 22315 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
I can read dll
« on: May 21, 2013, 11:35:39 PM »
strangely the qt codec files are made by nokia, and they are inregards to different charcter sets latin and extended english ETC.

meh, I'm jst going through the files in the CoH distribution and making out any code I can

I have uncovered 2 things;

1: I know how to write a mission file now. because it just so happened that CoH accidentally saved one mission code as .txt it's a a very simple set-up.
2: geom.pigg contains the information about how to read the .geom files

also I couldn't help but go through the screenshots folder, in the last weeks of Coh I went around looking for interesting billboards:

hmm

call geobin/maps/ it has a list of arena maps. (mapsMisc.pigg)
 and other maps ooooo... I think this is what i will need to set-up a link to for a door that enters for example city hall

Code: [Select]
geobin/maps/Architect/Architect.bin +   geobin/maps/Architect/Architect_Backup.bin :   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_AbOffice_01/Arena_AbOffice_01.bin 4   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_Atlas_01/Arena_Atlas_01.bin <   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_CargoShip_01/Arena_CargoShip_01.bin 2   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_Eden_01/Arena_Eden_01.bin <   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_Graveyard_01/Arena_Graveyard_01.bin >   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_Industrial_01/Arena_Industrial_01.bin G   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_Industrial_01/WALLTEST_Arena_Industrial_01.bin B   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_OutbreakRuin_01/Arena_OutbreakRuin_01.bin 4   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_Perez_01/Arena_Perez_01.bin 8   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_PocketD_01/Arena_PocketD_01.bin 6   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_Skyway_01/Arena_Skyway_01.bin @   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_SmoothCaves_01/Arena_SmoothCaves_01.bin F   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_SmoothCaves_01/Arena_SmoothCaves_01_audio.bin 4   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_steel_01/Arena_steel_01.bin 6   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_Striga_01/Arena_Striga_01.bin 2   geobin/maps/Arena/Arena_Tech_01/Arena_Tech_01.bin :   geobin/maps/Arena/E3_BaseRaid/Audio/E3_BaseRaid_audio.bin .   geobin/maps/Arena/E3_BaseRaid/E3_BaseRaid.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_00_01/City_00_01.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_01_03/city_01_03.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_01_04/city_01_04.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_02_03/City_02_03.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_02_04/City_02_04.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_02_05/City_02_05.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_03_03/City_03_03.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_03_04/City_03_04.bin A   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_03_04/City_03_04_missionMapStats.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_05_01/City_05_01.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_06_01/City_06_01.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_06_02/City_06_02.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Coop_02_01/Coop_02_01.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Coop_06_01/Coop_06_01.bin D   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Events/SE2012_Colosseum/SE2012_Colosseum.bin J   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Events/Winter_09_Layout_01/Winter_09_Layout_01.bin J   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Events/Winter_09_Layout_02/Winter_09_Layout_02.bin J   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Events/Winter_09_Layout_03/Winter_09_Layout_03.bin J   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Events/Winter_09_Layout_04/Winter_09_Layout_04.bin J   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Events/Winter_09_Layout_05/Winter_09_Layout_05.bin 9   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Events_HeroCon/Events_HeroCon.bin 3   geobin/maps/City_Zones/Event_06_01/Event_06_01.bin H   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_01/# Nova Praetoria in this folder.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_01/F_City_00_01.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_01/P_City_00_01.bin G   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_02/# Imperial City in this folder.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_02/F_City_00_02.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_02/P_City_00_02.bin E   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_03/# Neutropolis in this folder.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_03/F_City_00_03.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_03/P_City_00_03.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_04/P_City_00_04.bin G   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_05/# People's Park in this folder.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_05/P_City_00_05.bin N   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_06/# The Underground Nova in this folder.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_06/F_City_00_06.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_06/P_City_00_06.bin R   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_07/# The Underground Imperial in this folder.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_07/F_City_00_07.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_07/P_City_00_07.bin U   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_08/# The Underground Neutropolis in this folder.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_08/F_City_00_08.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_08/P_City_00_08.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/P_City_00_09/P_City_00_09.bin ;   geobin/maps/City_Zones/VetReward_06_01/VetReward_06_01.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_00_01/V_City_00_01.bin A   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_01_01/PierRamWall_V_City_01_01.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_01_02/V_city_01_02.bin /   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_02_01/Runway.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_02_01/V_city_02_01.bin ;   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_03_01/Pier3_V_City_03_01.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_03_01/V_City_03_01.bin ?   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_03_02/AudioBackup/Audioback2.bin :   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_03_02/CanopyTreeClump01.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_03_02/V_City_03_02.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_04_01/V_City_04_01.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_05_01/V_City_05_01.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_06_01/V_City_06_01.bin 5   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_City_06_02/V_City_06_02.bin 3   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_PvP_02_01/V_PvP_02_01.bin 3   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_PvP_03_01/V_PvP_03_01.bin 3   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_PvP_04_01/V_PvP_04_01.bin 3   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_PvP_05_01/V_PvP_05_01.bin 3   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_PvP_06_01/V_PvP_06_01.bin 7   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_Trial_04_02/V_Trial_04_02.bin 7   geobin/maps/City_Zones/V_Trial_04_03/V_Trial_04_03.bin 9   geobin/maps/City_Zones/War_05_01/overhead_light_surg.bin /   geobin/maps/City_Zones/War_05_01/War_05_01.bin *   geobin/maps/maps_TESTING/maps_TESTING.bin +   geobin/maps/maps_TESTING/maps_TESTING1.bin +   geobin/maps/maps_TESTING/maps_TESTING2.bin +   geobin/maps/maps_TESTING/maps_TESTING3.bin
enjoy;

more info physxloader.dll sees to contain a checksum library allong with error lists and a list of Get functions. it's made by Nvidia
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:31:25 PM by Joshex »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
Re: I can read dll
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 02:09:54 AM »
You have my attention...

;)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 01:02:52 PM »
The .geo files used for environment objects and character models are similar but not identical.
The .bin files in /geobin/object_library appear to be associated with FX and sound FX. I was able to make some sense of the overall structure, although some details aren't as clear as I'd like them to be.

We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 01:23:09 PM »
The Geobin fornat has been known for a while among quite a few people. The same format is used for the zone maps under maps/ and the library pieces under object_library/. I used to get badge coordinates and other things from them.

The ones under object_library are a combination of multi-part objects (like a helipad that uses several smaller parts put together, or a skyscraper that re-uses the same window a bunch of times), and well as references to the geometry itself which come from the .geo files.

Here's a description of the file format in Guy's XML format:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/it8wrqs96k2fyup/geobin.xml

The 'root' node starts at offset 0x70 in that screenshot you posted, right after the standard .bin file headers.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »
wonderful information, I would have done more research last night but my eyes got cloudy, heh..

I believe physxcore.dll should contain the actual physics engine. but I havn't checked yet, Physxloader.dll makes a reference to it.

how I read dll, I open it in wordpad or note pad, I scroll down through it and look for any text I can make out, I then assess what the text is and which part of the gobbltygook (encrypted text) it relates to, even though it's encrypted that really doesn't matter so long as I know what operation I need to redirect the game to.

well I'll review a bit more today. hopefully I can find the map of atlas city hall, from what I see already I'm tempted to try linking the folowing to a door: geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_00_01/City_00_01.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_01_03/city_01_03.bin 1   geobin/maps/City_Zones/City_01_04/city_01_04.bin and see what happens.

have yet to find the door model, as soon as I do I'll script it with a location.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 02:10:07 PM »
physxcore.dll is this. It's used for particles like bullet casings and leaves, as well as client-side simulated objects like the junk from Propel.

Pretty much all the DLLs are third-party libraries and not directly related to game operations; that's why they're DLLs and not just statically linked in to the main program.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 03:15:20 AM »
physxcore.dll is this. It's used for particles like bullet casings and leaves, as well as client-side simulated objects like the junk from Propel.

Pretty much all the DLLs are third-party libraries and not directly related to game operations; that's why they're DLLs and not just statically linked in to the main program.

indeed so it is a particle and fluid engine., however i did find out that physxcooking.dll (aka baking) supplied collision based interactions for softbodies, cloth, and convexhull (and tirangle mesh yaddayadda) this is a good candidate for battle physics, using the player's armature/bones as the softbody object during successfull attacks would create that nice flopping on the ground instance.

though it may have just been used for capes and such.

Edit, also it's used for spawning and despawning object instances.

edit2; physxcooking also contains a decyrption key at the bottom.

W00Tango!

stage1a.pigg contains the links to the individual animations, or at least a good deal of them. player_library/animations/(male or fem or huge)/animname.anim (hmm /turrets/Quadoff.anim)

lol "huge/quickbarf.anim"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:53:14 AM by Joshex »

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 06:53:42 AM »
So, I got a stupid idea.

How legal is it to reverse engineer the executable(s) now that the EULA is down, since there is no service/distribution anymore ? We could just begin some sort of crowd-sourced disassembly of the main game executable. With enough time, we may even obtain all the data structures and protocols.

The Titan team is a very skilled team, but don't underestimate a thousand eyes.

P.S.: after wikipedia-diving (IANAL), it seems we could, if we wanted to interface our server (that we have, yes ? *cough* or invoke Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey... Stuff), reverse-engineer the executable to make it inter-operable with our City of Heroes server. And we all lawfully obtained the executable when it was still available by direct linking, but not on the shop page, right... ?
Yeeessss....

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 10:35:22 AM »
And we all lawfully obtained the executable when it was still available by direct linking, but not on the shop page, right... ?

I don't know about you, but personally my existing copy of CoH for both the live and beta servers was downloaded through NCSoft's own launcher, where it was at the time freely available. That they've since discontinued that service doesn't make my copy of the game any less legally obtained.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »
How legal is it to reverse engineer the executable(s) now that the EULA is down, since there is no service/distribution anymore ?

It was never illegal to begin with, because the City of Heroes terms of service were not a EULA. They served as a code of conduct, outlining NCsoft's expectations for use of the service.

I'm the only one in the universe who doesn't refer to it as a EULA, and I think that's because I'm the only one in the universe who has ever read it. (-:

With enough time, we may even obtain all the data structures and protocols.

The Titan team is a very skilled team, but don't underestimate a thousand eyes.

Yeah, future tense. Good thinking! (And just what do I mean by that? It could be anything!)

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »
All you smarter than me people keep doing what you're doing! I want my coh back =\

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »
We could just begin some sort of crowd-sourced disassembly of the main game executable. With enough time, we may even obtain all the data structures and protocols.
Rule One of League of Disassembling Heroes: Don't talk about the League of Disassembling Heroes.
Rule Two of League of Disassembling Heroes: You don't call them, they call you.

Also, I don't think reverse engineering and crowd-sourcing really mix. How many non-programmers heard of assembly, let alone can figure out what a given sequence of commands does?
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »
How many non-programmers heard of assembly, let alone can figure out what a given sequence of commands does?

XOR r6, r6
NOT r6, r6
ORI 0, r6, r8
SAR r9, r8
JAL PrintR8     /* OMG, r9 wasn't initialized so what is the value of r8???? */

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »
I've been cooking up a method for us to legally run CoH, the most legal way without changing the game is to have everything on client side (as it currently is but plus a server calculator)

the moment we run a City of heroes server without authorization is the moment we open ourselves up for a world of hurt. so, I have come up with a system for P2P gaming, it will however demand more resources from peoples computers, but the ammount of internet bandwidth needed should stay about the same, one distinct problem I have not been able to think my way around yet is hacking, I suppose with P2P any suspicious statistical changes or suspicious calculative outcomes of such could be crosschecked by a(n) team mate's/opposing player's computer automatically, that way if any change originating from a certain player's client looks odd it gets recalculated from another perspective, if there is a fault then D/C the offending player and make them repatch certain files inregards to the calculation before they can log-in. trying to make the anti-hacking system as automated as possible.

so how will P2P CoH run? simple your computer does your battle calcs and sends any necessary information to the other players in your game area.

for downloading and patching we would need a server, for a shop or billing we would need a server, WW and BM would reqire a server, Log-ins and save files would require a server. everything else could be done P2P thus removing the actual game from the server making us legal.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:22:18 PM by Joshex »

CraZboy

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
How legal is it to reverse engineer the executable(s) now that the EULA is down, since there is no service/distribution anymore ? We could just begin some sort of crowd-sourced disassembly of the main game executable. With enough time, we may even obtain all the data structures and protocols.

Its a grey area, however, when we reverse engineered Earth and Beyond, we never heard from EA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »
XOR r6, r6
NOT r6, r6
ORI 0, r6, r8
SAR r9, r8

Well it's been a while.  Not quite sure order of destination and target registers.

The first instruction sets r6 to 0 since XORing anything with itself zeros it out.  The NOT then sets r6 to all ones. The next instruction is an OR and ORing anything with all 1s yields all 1s so r8 is now all ones. 

This last instruction, a shift right, I'm not to sure about the order of the operatives.  Your question implies that r8 is shifted by the value in r9.  But if the instruction actually shifts R9 by the value in R8 then R8 is unchanged, all ones (not sure of the data width here or even the CPU this assembler is for). 

If it's the other way around, r8 is shifted by the value in r9 then the result is still all ones as the high order bit, a one, remains as well as shifted right making the value in r9 immaterial.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:30:09 PM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
XOR r6, r6
NOT r6, r6
ORI 0, r6, r8
SAR r9, r8
*chuckle* Nicely played. Actually had to look up ORI and SAR to confirm I'm not getting them wrong.
First line, r6=0
Second line, r6=(2^n)-1 where n is the size of r6 in bits (since I have no idea of the actual register size)
Third line r8=(2^n)-1, indicates the order is source register then destination register (since 0 is the immediate value).
Fourth line, arithmetic shift right. This one does not alter the most significant bit, so r8=(2^n)-1 .

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
I would also have accepted -1 as the answer. (-:

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 03:31:12 AM »
texmaps.pigg as it's name implies contains all the mission map textures. they can be called at texture_library/MAPS/(type of mission map)/mission map.texture AND .dds

some contain prefix numbering for ease of hotlinking. such as 01.texture 5 or = or ;

it takes forever for this file to fully load and especially forever for wordpad to go over the document with all the parsers and libraries that you have installed to decode it (I have a crap ton of stuff installed for gam dev so it unencrypts most of the document and usually gives further encryption keys at the bottom. obviously it will not unencrypt things like image code or or raw scripts for physixs engines :P

Heheh HAHAHAHHAH I have the door object location mercy I thought it would be in one of the other larger piggs glad I checked geomV1.pigg first

now if I can find a texture to match it I can complete the call string and give it a location. actually I wonder, if I gave it the door model might it automatically link to the texture in the door object's code? (a UV map)

Wait just a tiny minute! heh they give the .bounds files too, WONDERFUL I wont even have to specify a location.

you know what, I'm just gonna make a call to the entire file, it containes routers at the top to direct the client to what it needs.

OK clarifying, V1 contains .bounds only this includes ALL spawn locations for EVERYTHING enemys, event items ETC.

V2 contains the .bin files which in turn contain the model data and rigging as well as texture coordinates (UV maps) and direct links to the corresponding texture file.

we have everything, I knew all this stuff wasn;t hosted on the server, lol all this stuff is hosted on our computers, the server must answer a question and say "yes" or "no" or true or false.

from what I'm seeing here the server is being asked "is server connected? true or false." if true loadfile geomV1.pigg and GeomV2.pigg Else end function.

however this creates a problem and puts us back at square 1, now we need to decrypt the client enough to see what it's asking the server.

bin.pigg is the holy grail reference file that tells the client where to look for any of the various aspects that make up the game allong with redirect scripts. I'd consider this CoH's kernel

herobrowser.dll is nearly entirely decrypted

question, is cityofheroes.exe the client? or does it merely redirect you to another client file? ok aswered my own question, cityofheroes.exe containsthe entire CoH interface and all the calculations for menu related things. (at least thats what I'm reading here.) there is possibly more, i didn;t read the entire document, my eyes are clouding over. sleep.... ok ok a few more lines of text this stuff is good readin... from what it shows here the physics engine is present in cityofheroes.exe as is all of the geometry interpreter.

ok, that sounds like the file to target, though i still don't know what it's asking the server (8000kb is alot to read)

Codewalker, Guy, 5thhorseman anything any of you need from inside cityofheroes.exe? I have nearly the entire file decrypted.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:59:25 AM by Joshex »

Rejuvenatrix

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 04:34:50 AM »
I don't know what the heck you coders are talking about...it's too much tech for me :)  I don't care if it's illegal or not.  I truly truly don't.  And I'm an upstanding citizen! But I just want to play again. I don't care if there's new content, ever.  I want to fly, and I want my fireball back :)  Even if we could just run the game privately, like a LAN group, I'd be good with that.  I have a group of SG friends, who would really be happy if we could just play CoH together again. So when one of you geniuses cracks the coding to get this thing running, you will make tons of people happy. Keep plugging at it!  We love you!!!