Author Topic: Sunset Question  (Read 8371 times)

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Re: Sunset Question
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:35 PM »
Nickelodeon is even advertising an online super hero game!

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
So, was the person who won the 590 million Power Ball an old COH player?  Hee hee.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »
Had NCSoft cared at all about the player base, they would have let the game run through the New Year.

Had they cared about the playerbase, they would have put the game into maintenance mode after issue 24. That would have been the politic, customer-saavy thing to do.

But they are not customer-saavy. A lot of gaming companies seem not to be, its really weird.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 05:28:07 PM »
Maybe one day I'll hit the lottery big time.

Hell just let me win 500,000, I'll make it work. But first I have to play.  :)

590 million even after all the taxes are taken out and or even the lump sum option is a decent chunk of change.

The things I could do with 300-500 odd million dollars. Get a nice crib somewhere down south on a nice piece of land (no more than $300,000-$500,000 spent and not a penny over 500,000.) and one vehicle I would get now if I had the money to throw  out, a 2004-2005 Maybach ($130,000-$180,000) and...that's about it. About $30 million for maintance, and to live off of for the next 35 years when then I'll kick the bucket. The rest left as inheritance to the kids (if I manage to have any within the next year) and if no kids within the next year (none by 30 not having any at all.), then I guess i have a lot of stuff to buy before I buy the big farm. Of course place a $100 million or so in an account somewhere for an "oh shit moment!' Of course I would take about $5-$40 million and put it to what ever is my favorite game at the time as a token of support. 

I'm going to start with $50 dollars today and start playing. Even if it's small stuff at first, I figure I spend more than $50 on junk I dont even use anyways so why not use it to see what happens. Hey, maybe if worse case I'll at leats break even over all or lose it all, but only $50 down the tube for a chance, small chance but a chance nonetheless.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »
If you're serious about this, you'd be better off actually learning stock and precious metals and other forms of investing, as the returns tend to be greater as a whole.

You would also be better-advised to research and enter as many sweepstakes as you can, seeking out in particular the ones that give you a chance to enter as many times as you like. I know people who finance all their vacations this way.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
Had they cared about the playerbase, they would have put the game into maintenance mode after issue 24. That would have been the politic, customer-saavy thing to do.

But they are not customer-saavy. A lot of gaming companies seem not to be, its really weird.

Corporate scum never are.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 06:33:49 PM »
If you're serious about this, you'd be better off actually learning stock and precious metals and other forms of investing, as the returns tend to be greater as a whole.

You would also be better-advised to research and enter as many sweepstakes as you can, seeking out in particular the ones that give you a chance to enter as many times as you like. I know people who finance all their vacations this way.
Already have stocks and other investments  ;D

But if I did win hundreds of millions there would be no more need to invest as it would already be way beyond what I would spend or know what to do with in a period of 35 years.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 07:31:51 PM »
If (when?) I acquire millions of dollars, it will be but the tip of the iceberg on what I need to achieve my goals in life. ^^;

adarict

• Boss
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 08:05:31 PM »
If (when?) I acquire millions of dollars, it will be but the tip of the iceberg on what I need to achieve my goals in life. ^^;

Enough minions for world domination costs quite a bit.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 08:30:57 PM »
It gets worse when your goal is the entire solar system. ;)

adarict

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 08:34:25 PM »
It gets worse when your goal is the entire solar system. ;)

Baby steps.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 12:23:22 AM »
The rest left as inheritance to the kids (if I manage to have any within the next year) and if no kids within the next year (none by 30 not having any at all.)

Well, JaguarX, if you happen to win and you happen be a guy, you'd better unload your gun before the word gets out if you plan on avoiding the kids.  If you don't, a gold digger will all of a sudden end up pregnant with your baby.  It's sad but some will actually do that.

As for the stocks, take a look at master limited partnerships.  MLPs for short.
No Surrender!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 12:41:57 AM »
Well, JaguarX, if you happen to win and you happen be a guy, you'd better unload your gun before the word gets out if you plan on avoiding the kids.  If you don't, a gold digger will all of a sudden end up pregnant with your baby.  It's sad but some will actually do that.

As for the stocks, take a look at master limited partnerships.  MLPs for short.
lol. yeah, they wont get pregnant by me as that type of action is required for pregnancy still have meaning to me and I dont do it with anyone and by 30 I'm "unloading my gun" permanently. The time is set but havent decided on exact method yet.

Looking into that master limited partnership now.