Author Topic: Trailers for 3 new series this fall. And two more.  (Read 2183 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Trailers for 3 new series this fall. And two more.
« on: May 14, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »
NBC - Dracula - looks to be a period piece.  Some producers involved in Downton Abbey are involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z1jVcmDH43Y

Fox - Almost Human - rehash of the standard buddy cop police drama except they "borrowed" heavily from the Will Smith "I, Robot".  It's one of several JJ Abrams present or former crew driven series coming out (this is one of his).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WCdHiZsSPjg

Fox - Sleepy Hollow - Ichabod Crain is back in modern times to pursue the Headless Horseman, who is also one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Death to be precise).  Alumni of JJ Abrams behind this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oFOEzR9zgUo
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:10:40 AM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Mental Maden

• Boss
Re: Trailers for 3 new series this fall.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »
meh
maybe
maybe

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:36:22 PM »
Hmmmm.

Well maybe one day a few tv shows will raise the urge to tune in.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:49:56 PM »
Well having Dracula pretending to be a Tesla clone is an odd role reversal for those who watched Sanctuary.  And obviously there is some large vampire families political wranglings going on.  And the choice to keep it set in Victorian times is interesting and it appears that they are making Dracula some kind of anti-hero.  I think NBC is planning to run this after Grimm, but I don't think a period drama will make it unless they have a time jump to present which would completely miss the point of making this unique among other shows (remember, unique BAD, must cookie cutter successful shows).

I liked Michael Ealy on the USA show Common Law, another buddy cop with a twist show.  And with Fringe like elements to the setting and stories Almost Human could be interesting to watch.

Sleepy Hollow screams Friday night fodder or something to put opposite to NBC's Grimm and CW's Supernatural.  Because forcing fans of a genre to split their viewing habits so no series win always worked out so well in the past.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 02:42:29 AM »
I like the Almost Human.  Karl Urban is good stuff.  And the concept is pretty decent.

The Dracula?  Meh.

The Sleepy Hollow?  I was... somewhat intrigued.  Right up until "Heads. Will. Roll."

Really?  I mean... really.  You SO didn't have to go there... Ugh.

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 09:33:19 AM »
Almost Human reminds me of Alien Nation for some reason. Honestly, if Karl Urban wasn't attached it'd be a easy pass for me. I've got Continuum for my Sci-Fi Cop Show, and I find it hysterical that the dynamic their going for is "A man who is part machine" paired with "A machine who is part man". It's the same thing!

Dracula is a snooze fest. Easily skipped.

National Sleepy Treasure Hollow: Judgement Day...it's so bad it boomeranged back into awesome territory. When the Horseman picks up the assault rifle I was sold.
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
Re: Trailers for 3 new series this fall. And two more.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 11:13:36 AM »
Two more ABC series along with a longer Agents of SHIELD trailer.

The two new shows is yet another cosmic mystery series (ala Touch), Resurrection and not really a spin off but... Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

http://io9.com/get-a-way-better-look-at-agents-of-shield-plus-two-mor-506072296