Author Topic: Any interest in a play by post Mutants and Masterminds game?  (Read 4582 times)

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
I picked up a copy of the 3e M&M Hero's Handbook. It looks like an interesting system, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I think it'd be fun to try and have a play by post game set in the CoH universe.

I'd need several players and if anyone other than me is willing to GM that'd be welcome. I'd be able to GM if not though.

What's the interest level on this sort of thing?
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Any interest in a play by post Mutants and Masterminds game?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:37:22 PM »
Gosh I don't know with my present time commitments, but I think it's way nifty that you've offered to run gaming for us here on Titan!!!!!  Three Cheers!!!!!   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »
I've never looked into that system before, thanks for pointing it out. It looks great! I think I'll be picking up a set of books to check out.

I'm not sure if I could manage to join a game or not, honestly. I've never tried play by post. Is it like a post here and there throughout the day, or does everyone gather together for a few hours at a time?

I'll tell you what though, you might find a bigger pool of potential players if you asked in the General or Other Games sections. Roleplaying even.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 09:35:02 PM »
Perhaps one of the mods here could move it to roleplaying? I'll bet you are right, Triplash...lots of folks might respond there!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 12:17:36 AM »
Hmm...perhaps more responses would come from there. I was thinking a slower paced (post throughout the day) game would be a good way to start. I've never actually GM'd in that system before, but I've run some DnD forum games before so it can't be all that different.

I'm glad you guys are interested enough to look into the system  :)
@Rorn

Guardian Server

zendarin

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 12:26:36 AM »
I would certainly like to give it a try. I've never played it before but I do have my own copy of the book and I have a copy of DC Adventures (same rules, just set in the DC Universe).

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 12:54:05 AM »
Well count me in as Definitely Maybe!  (Tho' not needing to learn a new games rules system for me would be a plus, but when it comes to ham acting, I mean, improvisational role-playing, I think I could be up for this.  Certainly a few rounds/days of posting would clue me into whether I'm a good fit for this game.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 01:13:02 PM »
Ok I'll write up a sample mission over the next day or two and post it in the roleplaying forum, as I suppose it really is a better place for this sort of thing. The first post in that thread will include a list of active participants, and those who expressed interest here prior to this post will have first priority in joining up.

I'll post in this thread again to include a link to the new thread.

Thanks everyone  :)
@Rorn

Guardian Server

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 04:02:59 PM »
Well after spending a while looking through the open-license portion of the system, I've gone ahead and ordered the two corebooks. It looks like an awesome system to play in! It really lets you get serious about customizing your powers and abilities. I even bought Hero Lab so I could start adapting all my old City characters while I'm waiting for the books to show up.

Thanks for the nudge to go look at this closer, Amp! :D