Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Origins  (Read 1328 times)

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Batman: Arkham Origins
« on: April 30, 2013, 06:45:30 AM »
Looked around and (surprisingly) didn't see anything on this, but if it's there I apologize.

Anyway, seems there's been a lot of talk about the 3rd Arkham game coming out in October lately. For a while things seemed quiet about a follow-up to AC, then suddenly over a couple weeks there's numerous articles about it, videos and screenshots/concept art. Not sure how much everyone around here has been keeping up with it, but I was curious what some of y'all's early thoughts were.

From what I've seen, it looks nice, and though I wish it weren't a prequel, if it's anything like the other 2 the storyline should be pretty good anyway. Love Batman's new (old? being a prequel) suit. Looks a bit more realistic and they shortened up the ears a bit, which I like. However, with those positives, there are some things that dampened my excitement. Chief among those (and probably a bit ridiculous since others have played these roles) being that neither Kevin Conroy nor Mark Hamill will be playing their respective parts (I know the latter "retired" but he's also left it open that he might come back). The other thing, though less of an issue for me, is the unknown of the new development studio behind AO, since this one is not being done by Rocksteady.

Overall, I'm at least curious about it, and will probably get it as I see more videos and get a better feel for it.

Have at it heroes/villains!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Batman: Arkham Origins
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:35:49 AM »
I don't expect Joker will have much of a role in it, but it's kind of disconcerting that Batman won't have his proper voice. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
Re: Batman: Arkham Origins
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 01:14:48 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this, loved both AC games and I think the new studio will do a good job. They've got a great framework to build off of and they've already got experience having recently handled the Arkham City Wii U port.

I'd love to see Conroy & Hamill back, but there are plenty of other VAs out there who can do a fantastic job, especially DiMaggio as Joker (from the Red Hood animated movie) and Bruce Greenwood (Batman in Young Justice) for example.