Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 150965 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #380 on: April 01, 2018, 11:07:16 AM »
It didn't disappear, you posted it in the thread about looking forward to 2018 games. I only know this from me posting my above post there because your post fooled me :D
ah :) that explains it :). I really thought I posted in this one. If a mod can go and delete my post from the looking forward to 2018, I would like that. And thank you, and thank btw Vee :).
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #381 on: April 09, 2018, 10:50:41 PM »
Secret World: Legends.

8)
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #382 on: April 09, 2018, 11:51:29 PM »
If I see anyone matching your description while I'm logged on changing out agent mishes I'll wave :D

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #383 on: April 09, 2018, 11:58:23 PM »
haha :) white haired mage named Zana, alias Dorenne. Was gonna make an aassasin...but I wasn't digging the up-close and personal attack.

Power curve seems quite stark even at low levels.. Can't wait to see what's in store!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:07:11 AM by LadyShin »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #384 on: April 10, 2018, 01:37:33 AM »
You can switch to any weapons you want with any AT. Those only affect the starting weapons and the difficulties they have in character creation are nonsense. Should also join #Sanctuary channel asap. They're happy to help beginners.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #385 on: April 10, 2018, 12:36:16 PM »
Downloaded a bunch of free-to-play (read: nickel-and-dime) MMOs on PS4, now that we have an external 4TB hard drive, but I haven't tried them yet.  Instead, I've been bouncing between Infamous: Second Son (I beat it once already, but this time I'm going for the Good Karma Ending) and Ni No Kuni 2 (its battle system is a vast improvement over NNK1, though I do miss the Familiars).

Edit: And last night I finished Infamous with the Good Karma ending (very different from the Evil Karma ending), and tried out the three MMOs - Neverwinter, Tera, and DC Universe Online.

That's the order I tried them, and approximately the best-to-worst order of how much I like them.

I was saving the "best for last" by doing them in that order, but I hated DCUO's character creation, with a painfully limited color palette (four colors total, for your entire character?), very few choices for actual parts (maybe a dozen choices per body part?), and no way to pick your actual powerset.  I thought you could pick a mentor and a powerset separately, but when I picked Lex Luthor as my mentor, it immediately gave me the Gadgetry powerset and Hand Blast weapon without asking me.  Also, when I equipped something, it showed up on my actual character model, replacing the outfit I'd put together, which is a big turn-off for me. I got through the tutorial, but shut it off once I was done.  I'm amazed how much I didn't like this game.  Well done, Daybreak: making me hate a superhero game is no small feat.

In Tera, I can't figure out what to do for the very first quest (something about digging up some roots?  There's no mark on the minimap and nothing obviously glowing, so I'm not sure what to do), but it looks okay.  I might go back to it later, guide in hand.  I picked an Aman Lancer, because they sound sturdy, and I like trying a new game with a character that's harder to kill.

Knowing that Neverwinter is based on D&D, I was going to recreate my recent Pathfinder tabletop character, only to discover that Neverwinter has neither Gnomes nor Bards.  Ah well.  I made a Dwarven Guardian Fighter instead, for the same "hard to kill" reasons as above.  I got the furthest in it, doing a handful of quests and generally enjoying it, but the game feels kinda generic.  I like the Companions idea, but it's not quite clear how to get them (other than paying real money).

Back to Ni No Kuni II, I think.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:14:01 AM by Thunder Glove »

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #386 on: April 11, 2018, 06:35:24 PM »
Man, handholding can sometimes be a bitch. In DCUO you could normally select any powerset and weapon in chargen before. They probably changed it somehow, either that for your first char you get only "tutorial" options, or dunno, perhaps it really is different on console. And on PC you can defo chose for you equipment not to visually replace what you wanna have visually. You do have to collect gear pieces to get their looks, but once you collect a piece you can choose to wear its look as your outfit over what you have equipped for stats.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #387 on: April 11, 2018, 10:52:53 PM »
I haven't played DC in a while. I was unaware they changed character creation. That sounds counter to what the game was supposed to be.

As for NW, I have tried to like it several times. I just don't. That's not 'my' Fearun or 'my' D&D and I just can't get over it. I don't think it's a horrible game, it's not for me.

I've been tooling around in GW2 again (don't shoot me). I like the new mount options and the game is as pretty as ever. We'll see how long I keep playing this time.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2018, 09:56:11 PM »
I'm actually quite enjoying Neverwinter.  Once you forget it's supposed to be D&D it's fun.  (It uses a lot of D&D terms but they mean only vaguely similar things)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #389 on: April 13, 2018, 08:04:43 PM »
Neverwinter and SWL has a lot of parallels in terms of gameplay and interface.  Folks who have been getting into SWL might be surprised how similar Neverwinter is when they try that out.  4-6 powers all in a cluster around WASD, mouse for basic attacks and to steer you.  That's it.

Their End-Game, however, is where the two diverge.  Neverwinter, there's too many progression features and it's hard to see how something will improve your character directly past the final level (apart from loot drops.)  It's also hard to know where to start, as several of them are too difficult to solo, and others require you to be more powerful than merely coming off of the Level 1-70 treadmill.  Team up or GTFO is hard to do when most of the features of Neverwinter don't promote working together.

Secret World Legends suffers from the opposite problem.  The last mission stating "Await contact from your faction handler" means it's time to repeat all the things you just finished for earning achievements... and respinning dungeons and scenarios over and over.  (I haven't tried the raid yet.  But there's only one and it requires several people, more than a team.)

(And I'm not going to start on story differences between the two.  That's a rift I'm not going to touch.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:13:53 PM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #390 on: April 28, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »
Really enjoying Battletech.

It's got glitches, balance issues & performance problems - but all of these can be fixed in time (I hope!). It's been a long time since my theorycrafting itch has been scratched so I'm thoroughly enjoying it in spite of the issues. But then - having sat down to my first Battletech tabletop battle in 1987 makes me kinda biased as well as nostalgic.

I'm hoping this, Phoenix Point and Factorio will keep me going 'till CoT

Fingers firmly crossed!

lunawisp

• Minion
    • lunawisp - general gaming blog!
« Reply #391 on: April 28, 2018, 06:26:02 PM »
Every now and then I pop onto Path of Exile, have an npc raise a bunch of overpowered totems around me which kill me before I even see them spawn, then I go back to Diablo III again...
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes, she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #392 on: April 28, 2018, 11:07:23 PM »
Reinstalled DDO.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2018, 03:47:02 AM »
The newly released Battletech is really good.  I'm having a lot of fun with the campaign mode.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #394 on: May 19, 2018, 05:04:22 AM »
Thread Ressurection powers

I have been playing EQ on the TLP server lately.  I am not thrilled at giving DBG money after closing EQ: Next - but playing on a classic(ish) 1999 server is really fun and its just about to release the expansion I started playing Ruins of Kunark - brings me back to being a kid playing the game - really cool nostalgia kick.

I also made a character on the free servers but they are basically ghostlands, the TLP servers are rather populated but that's about it,  Which is okay if you want to do dungeons as they unlock, but not great that you have to pay to play with people basically.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #395 on: May 19, 2018, 08:20:37 AM »
The one thing I learned about modding Fallout 4 is be careful using mods. Because last night I downloaded a new update from Microsoft and to make a log sad story short, I had to use the scoured Earth to get it to run well again. What happened was the update somehow made my camera upside down in character creation, and as an added bonus, it was super close up.

I am truly thankful that my mod manager  Nexus saved all of my mods and data. Now comes the long time to install of them.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #396 on: September 18, 2018, 11:44:45 PM »
Decided to return to Battletech. Fun strategy game, even if the campaign is rather long.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #397 on: September 19, 2018, 05:52:08 PM »
Decided to return to Battletech. Fun strategy game, even if the campaign is rather long.

MechWarrior...!

Good times  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #398 on: September 26, 2018, 02:04:54 AM »
PS4 Spider-man - think blapping and scraster.  Good 1-50 level curve, feel powerful, vast city with random groups of thugs like a huge challenge zone, gadgets that make webs into most blaster powers, and suits that give powers from defense to auras to PBAoE.
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

Crazyleo

• Minion
« Reply #399 on: September 26, 2018, 05:14:42 PM »
Currently playing Dragon Quest 8 on my 2DS. Also play Battletech on Saturdays (the tabletop game)