Author Topic: Anyone around from Champion server?  (Read 22807 times)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Re: Anyone around from Champion server?
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 03:29:44 AM »
Doing them with my Fire/Rad Controller, though, left me feeling like a one-armed paperhanger, running around to get back into the group to pop off heals and AM when it came up, then bouncing out to look for people on the ground to rez them so they could get back into the healing bubble, rinse and repeat.
i usually did them with my D3, so i would occasionally be needed to run over to a pile of bodies, hit a mito with Howling Twilight, get splatted by a very pissed-off mito as most of the fallen heroes rezzed and legged it for a rock. Lather, rinse, repeat. During one partial raid wipe in the mito clearing phase i ran in and hit Howling Twilight about five times. The only downside was that after the first couple of times i was already at the debt cap and wasn't making any badge progress after that.  :(

There were a few times i brought my Scrapper with Group Fly to supply flight for some of the PA drop team.  ;D

i think what i miss most was running with the Pingus. Every mission was a test to see how far we could push the limits of the game and character performance both solo and cooperatively.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2013, 01:35:43 PM »
My biggest problem was fighting, especially below level 16. I can't remember exactly what level the brute could get Taunt(my fire/rad started on redside), but I had a nasty habit of drawing all the aggro at lower levels with some AoE. Fireball would do it, occasionally, but Rain of Fire always got their attention. I finally learned that I could only really concentrate on healing and rezzing if there wasn't a decent tank/brute on the team.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Dinah Might

• Minion
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:15 PM »
I would really lie to know where everyone from Champion went.  I have tried Champions Online, but the lack of community forced me out of the game.  I have tried The Secret World, but once again, lack of community.

The great community of the Champion server I really really miss.

Dollmistress

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2013, 11:57:59 PM »
I would really lie to know where everyone from Champion went.  I have tried Champions Online, but the lack of community forced me out of the game.  I have tried The Secret World, but once again, lack of community.

Well, I fly the USS City of Heroes in Star Trek Online. Also recently captained the IRW City of Villains on my new Romulan Captain. Global is Dollmistress, as always :)

My ship name helps to find other former CoX players.

Viking Queen

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:44 PM »
Champion Server for Life ! when my server slots filled up, I sent toons to other servers for storage, but all my active toons were Championites. To be honest, I miss my friends from the game, and have not found another I like anyway near as much. And I see many familiar names in this post, hopefully I will have a chance to partner with some of them in a new game situation in-future. I still manage guilds and still help out players when ever I get the chance, it's just how I am, I like to help. Hoping to encounter some of you soon, until then, fight the good fight, Hero.....current location=champions on-line. you will know my toons there, as they will be the ones wearing the sexy outfits. some things never change  :)
Champion Server 4 Life Baby !

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 12:30:54 AM »
when my server slots filled up, I sent toons to other servers for storage, but all my active toons were Championites.

When the lights went out, I had 15 server transfer tokens. Why I never thought of this is completely beyond me!
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 02:43:43 AM »

Hmmmm   Dinah Might.......that sounds familiar.

In any case, I tried Champions myself  and didn't like it at all.   Now I am just occasionally flying solo on DCUO.  The chat system alone has all but completely turned me off teaming there.
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

XxBudweiser8xX

• Underling
  • XxBudweiser8xX
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2013, 02:25:35 AM »
Ahhhhh Champion Server....

So many friends, So many enemies....

The drama, the arguing, the he said, she said gossip bullshit....

The My SG is better then yours, Your is just a bunch of Prestige Slaves....

All the PvP haters....

All the PL Haters....

So many nights filled with hate....

So many good friends and great memories

I miss it so much :(
PoN4LIFE

purplemanwolf

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2013, 03:17:24 AM »
missing champ server and recognize almost everyone here.wish you all well.

Spatch1971

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »
I bought CoH in July 2004, shortly after its launch, at the behest of a friend of mine.  He had his characters on Champion, so of course I started there as well.  My friend's appearances in the game dwindled slowly, until he finally unsubbed completely.  But, I was fully addicted to CoH and maintained my sub, uninterrupted, through to the sunset.

When CoV was released, of course I bought it immediately.  Got hooked into an SG with about 10 regulars or so (@Dakota, @Ph8, @Swad, @BXZILLA to name a few off the the top of my head).  For me, those following couple years were my CoH golden years, having a regular group of players to run with, talk to on Teamspeak, and just generally have a good time with.  Like my earlier friend, though, they started dropping one by one, until I was the last one left.  Again.

I dabbled on Freedom a bit.  In the final six months of the game, I also ran some toons over on Virtue.  But Champion was home.

My main character, my badger, was a Peacebringer, Cinnamon Red.  She had all the badges, except bug hunter, and that lousy 8 year vet badge that awarded for some, but didn't for most.  Grrrr.   She had well over 100 souvenirs from completed story arcs.  I never got the chance to complete all the villain side arcs with her.

The last character I made and leveled to 50 was H 2 O, obviously a character using the new water powersets.  He was fun, and I miss him too. 

I miss all my characters, both blue side and red.

I miss CoH.  I haven't tried CO or DCUO.  I don't sub to anything at the moment.  I've played some single player titles in the meantime, finally getting around to playing Oblivion after buying it five or six years back.  I've also been trying the AD&D titles, picked up from gog.com, but dang they're hard.  However, the lack of community in single player titles makes them not feel quite right.  I'm following the Elder Scrolls Online development with some interest.  But, everything will pale in comparison to CoH.  I miss it dearly.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:51:23 PM by Spatch1971 »

Neutrio

• Minion
  • Omega neutrinos! Defend us!
    • Heroes Inc
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2014, 05:46:39 AM »
Just wanted to say that I'm still around & glad to see some of the folks I had the privilege of running with.  Hiyas Purp, Spatch, VQ, Lyc, FC (Epoch! You can't hide from me! /e throws wrench)

Maybe we'll all be able to take to the streets again soon!

DragonCommando

• Minion
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
Champion was my Villains (Commander Anansi [Crab], Doc PCP [MM], Mistress Whiplash [MM], Mr. Tickles [Brute], Obsidian Apocalypse [dom], Psychic Blizzard [Dom], Shadowless Death [Stalker], Skull Crusher Knight [Brute], Tesla Pulverizer [Corr] and Valthrudnir [Corr]) server.

I really miss the community and the ITrials led by @amygdala and/or @Thul Sorapa (Lady Clara).

I hope we can all be together soon!

Myrmydon

• Minion
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2014, 04:17:39 AM »
Champion from day 1 until the end.  B.O.S.S. for life.

Heya Malohin!

I spent an evening or two on Champion myself.

Neutrio

• Minion
  • Omega neutrinos! Defend us!
    • Heroes Inc
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 04:42:15 AM »
I spent an evening or two on Champion myself.

I recall seeing you around in some of the zones. :)  Hope you got to make a water powered toon!

Myrmydon

• Minion
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 04:48:56 AM »

I recall seeing you around in some of the zones. :)  Hope you got to make a water powered toon!

Once the closing was announced, I only played the characters I had up to that point. I never did get my Dark Scrapper up to 50 (I stopped at 49 to spend the last couple of hours socializing) and my friend, Pulse, was adamant that I'd never take that one up anyway. He says the same thing about a restart now, actually.  ;D

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2014, 05:29:51 AM »
I began on Champion, but moved on. My main villain, Der Zilla, lived there at level 30 for a very long time after my move, neglected. Shortly before the shutdown announcement, I had moved her to (I think) Virtue, or maybe Infinity, and got her her first couple levels in like four years. lol
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2014, 10:53:25 AM »
I played on Champion for most of my time in CoX. My main toons were Blackstar5, Necrolord, Shadow punch, Pale Ryder5, and Psycho Kinetic. I see a few familiar names here ( Doll and Budweiser).

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2014, 11:26:10 AM »
One of my SG Mates played with a largish group of friends/family on Champion.  I don't think he'd mind me sharing that his global was @Mallerick.

I dunno if he even has a Titan account.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
During the last year and a half, I played a lot on Champion. Even got a Really Hard Way badge on a couple of different characters. It was always so refreshing for a change of pace to just join a trial instead of lead one.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Viking Queen

• Underling
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 01:28:20 PM »
I played there the entire time of my sub at CoH (8 years total) and my experience there was fantastic. I met plenty of great friends there, and SG leaders were always willing to help out my Trials and TF's...the smaller population made it easier to know who the assorted Guild personalities were as well. Other games might have superior graphics, but I have yet to find a great community like the one from Champion server.
Champion Server 4 Life Baby !