Author Topic: I wish and as I wish I just don't understand...  (Read 2747 times)

Wammo

• Lieutenant
I wish and as I wish I just don't understand...
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:24:58 PM »
I wish I could log into CoH this morning. They say the world (at least corporately) revolves around money. If you throw around enough money you can most often get what you want. Is there not enough money to somehow turn CoH back on? What are we really talking about here? Just how much would it take? How many of us are there who want to see the game go live again? Could we collectively raise enough? What would it take to make this happen?

While I wish...
Why have we had no updates from the moderator of this site since January 1??? Is the movement that dead? How can we be so void of life when we haven't even been shuttered six months? Is there nothing to tell? Have all sincere efforts to reopen been lost?

Just mourning and venting this morning but I truly would like to hear a few well informed responses to my inquiries...please

Wammo

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: I wish and as I wish I just don't understand...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »
The movement isn't dead, but the foci have...shifted... a little. Task Force: Hail Mary is in its own subforum, striving to find a buyer who will approach NCSoft to throw "enough" money at it. The hopes there are of varying strengths, depending on who you ask.

I am not the owner of Titan Networks, nor the leader of the SaveCoH movement (though I am a participant). However I have been doing updates every Monday for the Phoenix Project, at least for the last few weeks. So that's something being given an update on regularly. (If you're unaware, the Phoenix Project is an attempt to divorce our efforts from any influence NCSoft might have by simply building a spiritual successor, ourselves.)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
I am also working currently to place ads in some of the regularly used MMO sites to trying and pressure NCSoft to sell the game and contact Jack Emmert as he has shown real interest in having the title back again.

Lightslinger is also working on various angles similar to mine.

Rae is working on the Pitch to Google.

Golden Girl is working on another game to try and copy the CoH gameplay.

Many people ARE still working on it and even Jack Emmert replied to TonyV and said all that can be done - is more of what we are doing now. So please help join in on one of our efforts and feel as if you are moving forward with us not drifting away!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:00:53 PM by Ironwolf »

LightBlack

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:47:19 PM »
I'm assuming that you mean TonyV, who has actually just started a new thread in this forum about an article from Gamasutra.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 06:10:56 PM »
No, we're far from dead.  It's just that in the months leading up to and just after the shutdown, there was a pretty constant flurry of activity going on.  Now that we've moved into the mid-game, so to speak, of everything going on, time scales extend longer and things aren't as frenetic.  But trust me, things are happening.  If you read the forums regularly, you'll get a pretty steady trickle of updates on various efforts going on.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
Have all sincere efforts to reopen been lost?

No.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 07:49:46 PM »
I see Tony and the other admins posting fairly constantly. You have to look in places other than just the official update thread. We're not finished yet. Not nearly!
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »
I am also working currently to place ads in some of the regularly used MMO sites to trying and pressure NCSoft to sell the game and contact Jack Emmert as he has shown real interest in having the title back again.

Many people ARE still working on it and even Jack Emmert replied to TonyV and said all that can be done - is more of what we are doing now. So please help join in on one of our efforts and feel as if you are moving forward with us not drifting away!

I'm assuming we've established Jack's interests in re-acquiring coh?  I haven't been following that route.
No Surrender!

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 11:22:50 PM »
Appreciate the encouraging responses to my original thread. I am just really down today. I REALLY miss CoH this afternoon and am blue. I am sure I can get an amen from this choir! Just wish I could find something that could alleviate the pain...I need a gamer "nicotine patch."

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 12:48:59 AM »
and even Jack Emmert replied to TonyV and said all that can be done - is more of what we are doing now. So please help join in on one of our efforts and feel as if you are moving forward with us not drifting away!

I hadn't realized Tony did hear back from Jack.
Trying to keep up with these forums ...
But, in any event, even that small reply is better than no reply at all.
Whether it leads somewhere or not, it's more the point that it's something more to use against NC$oft

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 01:27:55 AM »
Basically Jack said what we all know - the ball is in NCSoft's court.