Author Topic: Call to Action: Bring CoH Home! - Phase 2  (Read 33366 times)

Quinch

Re: Call to Action: Bring CoH Home! - Phase 2
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »
I second the motion - a subforum might be a good idea too.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »
I have a website reserved that just needs to be built called Arkofheroes.com

My long term goal is to make a game about heroes saved by being placed into an "ark" and shuttled off earth by a number of other super strength heroes throwing them free of the planet prior to the shutdown and leaping into a Rikti portal to a random destination.

I will do a little work on it and see what I can do to tie some of these links all together. I am somewhat hindered by my daughters wedding in Florida, (I live in Michigan) and all the planning and expenses not to mention the time.  I will do what I can as swiftly as possible. I want to tie together all the media sources with links to everything as the Ark that just helps carry us until we have survived the journey.

I have contacted several sites and will be shortly spending money on banners at several sites.

storm1777

• Underling
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2013, 02:14:01 PM »
Just an fyi massively just wrote a nasty article about how we should stop trying to dig up city of heroes. Basically stating that anyone still working on the save CoH efforts are in a lost cause abs practically stated we are crazy. It really ticked me off.

I can't seem to paste this article with my phone but it is dated April 10 2013 and it was very frustrating to read.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2013, 02:21:16 PM »
I can't seem to paste this article with my phone but it is dated April 10 2013 and it was very frustrating to read.
The article already has its own thread.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8234.0.html
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2013, 02:21:48 PM »
It also isn't trying to slam anybody, but rather discourage foaming-at-the-mouth excitement over what is ultimately a faint hope at best.

Quinch

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2013, 02:21:59 PM »
There's a separate thread for it - I wouldn't call it nasty, personally. Frustrating, a little, but by the looks of it, Elliot doesn't think the game can be saved anymore. I didn't read him coming off as calling us crazy, just... hopeless.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »
It also isn't trying to slam anybody, but rather discourage foaming-at-the-mouth excitement over what is ultimately a faint hope at best.
Yeah.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »
OP has been updated with Phase 2 information. Phase 2 is focusing on letting NCsoft know about our initiative.

Phase 2: NCsoft, CALL JACK!

--Press Bomb - Let the media know what's going on, what Jack said, and what we're doing to help out.
mmorpg.com: http://www.mmorpg.com/contactus.cfm
Massively: http://massively.joystiq.com/contact/tips/
You can also pester Massively on twitter @Massively
At Ten Ton Hammer and MMOSITE you can email the following addresses with a tip:
tthnews@tentonhammer.com
news@mmosite.com

--Twitter - Use twitter and other social media to spread the word about the Bring CoH Home initiative. We have been using the #CallJack hashtag in conjunction with #SaveCoH. Contact NCsoft here to press our message:
@NCsoftGames

--Email Email NCsoft and let them know...Call Jack!

NCsoft - recruit@ncsoft.com
             ashort@ncsoft.com

Here is a sample email I sent off to NCsoft:

"Jack Emmert of Cryptic studios has publicly said he wants to talk to NCsoft about City of Heroes. No one is better suited to get our game back online than Jack Emmert.

City of Heroes fans are organizing a media campaign to let everyone and NCsoft know City of Heroes doesn't have to stay dead. Ads are being designed, money raised, social media campaigns prepared.

City of Heroes fans will not stop until our game is back online. Please reach out to Cryptic Studios and help us get our game back."

Yeah it's kind of a threat, but also letting them know they could end it all really fast as soon as we get our game back :)

NCsoft Support:

Remember your NCsoft login? Log in here: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/ and send in a support ticket with a message like the one above. Yeah it doesn't really fit any "support" ticket stuff but it still gets a message to someone, anyone inside NCsoft.
Dear Lightslinger, I would be feeling a little more confident if Rae from Team Wild Card were coordinating this but okay, I'll do my bit as a rabid CoH fanboy.  Here's copy of what I just emailed:

Dear TenTonHammer staff personnel,
Apologies if you get besieged by hundreds if not thousands of frantic fanboy and girl messages about Jack Emmert of Cryptic Studios wanting to talk to NCSoft regarding City of Heroes.  We fans and former players truly want our MMORPG back and as you can see there is little we won't stoop to or at least consider when it comes to attempting to leverage the implacable, pretending-to-be-unmovable-object NCSoft who killed our game for (near as we can tell) no reason, and told all the players to Kiss Off, I mean, Fly Free!

Hoping you at Ten Ton Hammer will consider this request to make a story of this and shed yet more Public Relations light (good or ill) on the corporate workings of an unresponsive yet purportedly global gaming company named NCSoft who strangely doesn't seem to have any interest in hearing from customers, or rather they made us former customers of, what is for us, the best MMORPG in existence.

Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
John Robey

Guess, I'll send this same message to news@mmosite.com, log into my MMORPG acc't.  Sorry, I don't FB or Twitter (yeah, so sue me for being a neo-Luddite!) so I cannot help there.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2013, 12:07:52 AM »
While you're absolutely right, in principle, Rae is currently working on the Google pitch. She has said that she is happy to review anything produced for this, but I want to just throw my vote in that the best use of her limited free time is best suited to the Google effort, ATM.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2013, 12:11:46 AM »
While you're absolutely right, in principle, Rae is currently working on the Google pitch. She has said that she is happy to review anything produced for this, but I want to just throw my vote in that the best use of her limited free time is best suited to the Google effort, ATM.
Thanks! I didn't get any further than emailing TenTonHammer and news@mmosite.com and I'm planning to wait until I see more about this on this thread.  After all, I am not exactly a rabid fanboy--but I do know how to roleplay that convincingly!   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
Dear Lightslinger, I would be feeling a little more confident if Rae from Team Wild Card were coordinating this but okay, I'll do my bit as a rabid CoH fanboy.  Here's copy of what I just emailed:

As much as I'd like to be able to, I'm fully committed to TF:HM and TPP at the moment, as well as a rather demanding full-time job. I don't really have the energy to spread myself any thinner than I am at the moment.

What I'd (highly) recommend is choosing one person to be your media contact - as we saw from the recent Massively article, sending so many emails that we annoy journalists is not a good idea. If one person can't convince something is worth a story, the next 9,999 emails won't do anything more than annoy them and make them write something ranty about us. This person should act as the go-between, between the campaign and the media. Everyone else should leave the media alone.

The best way to deal with the media would be:

1) Google websites that have run articles about the SaveCOH campaign. Collect email contact details for them, or the links to the inevitable 'contact us' form. I also have a list of press contacts of people who were supportive of #SaveCOH I can let you have.

2) Get a press release written. Once this has been done, if you want me to check it out for you, just throw me a PM here and I'll be happy to.

3) Send the press release with a brief, polite emails to the list of contacts you created.

4) Put the release somewhere online, preferably on some decent-ish website. I'd suggest asking Leandro at SaveCOH.com nicely, to upload it there. Send the URL to the websites that only have a 'contact us' form through the form as a news tip. Works much better than copying and pasting the whole release into a contact form.

5) Send it off.

6) Set up a Google news alert to help you track any coverage you get.

7) Have a thank the media thread, so people can see any articles run, encourage them to post on it.  If WE aren't interested in our own campaign, why should anyone else be? Make a note of the sites who do run your story, as they're likely to be more receptive to follow-ups and will appreciate being kept updated on how it's going.

8) Share any articles on Twitter/FB/G+/Whatever the cool kids are on these days to spread the reach, drive traffic to those websites and get the word out there.

9) If you don't get coverage from a certain site, don't chase them.  They won't appreciate it.

10) But definitely thank those who did. Journalists need love, too.

I hope it helps. I'm happy to advise if you need me, but I can't really do much more than that without losing what little remains of my mind :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »
As much as I'd like to be able to, I'm fully committed to TF:HM and TPP at the moment, as well as a rather demanding full-time job. I don't really have the energy to spread myself any thinner than I am at the moment.

What I'd (highly) recommend is choosing one person to be your media contact - as we saw from the recent Massively article, sending so many emails that we annoy journalists is not a good idea. If one person can't convince something is worth a story, the next 9,999 emails won't do anything more than annoy them and make them write something ranty about us. This person should act as the go-between, between the campaign and the media. Everyone else should leave the media alone.

The best way to deal with the media would be:

1) Google websites that have run articles about the SaveCOH campaign. Collect email contact details for them, or the links to the inevitable 'contact us' form. I also have a list of press contacts of people who were supportive of #SaveCOH I can let you have.

2) Get a press release written. Once this has been done, if you want me to check it out for you, just throw me a PM here and I'll be happy to.

3) Send the press release with a brief, polite emails to the list of contacts you created.

4) Put the release somewhere online, preferably on some decent-ish website. I'd suggest asking Leandro at SaveCOH.com nicely, to upload it there. Send the URL to the websites that only have a 'contact us' form through the form as a news tip. Works much better than copying and pasting the whole release into a contact form.

5) Send it off.

6) Set up a Google news alert to help you track any coverage you get.

7) Have a thank the media thread, so people can see any articles run, encourage them to post on it.  If WE aren't interested in our own campaign, why should anyone else be? Make a note of the sites who do run your story, as they're likely to be more receptive to follow-ups and will appreciate being kept updated on how it's going.

8) Share any articles on Twitter/FB/G+/Whatever the cool kids are on these days to spread the reach, drive traffic to those websites and get the word out there.

9) If you don't get coverage from a certain site, don't chase them.  They won't appreciate it.

10) But definitely thank those who did. Journalists need love, too.

I hope it helps. I'm happy to advise if you need me, but I can't really do much more than that without losing what little remains of my mind :)
Dear Rae, THANK YOU for all of this excellent, professional information.  Understood about not spreading oneself too thin - I am glad you have the wisdom not to do so.  While some say sanity if overrated, personally I'm a big fan of health.  THANK YOU for all that you do!  Take good (read: bestest) care of yourself.
One of your many friends on Titan Network forums,
John Robey
P.S. I hope you have a blessed day and a restful & relaxing weekend.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »
Thanks John, you're very kind :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2013, 06:46:20 AM »
Shucks, ma'am.  Just doin' my job:  Calling It As I See It!

Rest well, and let us know if there is anything we fans can do to assist.   :)

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »
Ninja Edit...not worth going into detail on this.

Called off the Call to Action as there are more worthy projects that have sort of spawned alongside this. Please support the ad-buying initiative however you can, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:30:16 PM by Lightslinger »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »
John, just doing what I can to help man. I personally feel that what I outlined in the OP can help this initiative and I'm not alone in that thinking.

Overall though...tired of the venom and condescension I've come up against since getting more involved in Titan. I appreciate the support and kindness y'all have shown, but I don't come here to be talked down to for trying to be a part of this community either. So I'll step down from any future Call to Actions, from this thread, and probably just take a break from Titan overall for a while.

I'll be watching the ad-buying project and support that financially when the time comes but overall I think it's time this Call to Action was put down, which should make a lot of people happy.
Dear Lightslinger,  Thank you both for your OP and initiative.  I surely did not want to rain on yours or anyone's parade.  I especially dislike venom and condescension (tho I admit I am condescending and derisive or worse when talking about NCSoft execs.)   I am really sorry if you felt in any way less than Valued and Esteemed by the this community of fans.  For what it is worth, I still feel at times like if not a CoH/Titan "outsider" than at least newcomer, since I wasn't there since the beginning, etc; however as a longtime Science Fiction fan  I recently attended a convention panel on Inclusion and Exclusion even in something as light-hearted and frivolous as S-F fandom and sat there kind of amazed while people discussed "feeling unvalued" and "excluded" in what at the time was clearly defined as a "Come As You Are" open playground, open to everyone, even, LOL, those who don't read Science Fiction (we actually did have a few in the club who didn't read S-F but who still liked the club and were members.)

Taking a break and some time away, intuitively sounds like good sense to me.  At least, for moi taking a break usually gives me renewed energy and sometimes a fresh perspective.   I also know too, that if I don't take breaks then personally I run the risk of burnout.  So please take your time but I hope you come back soon and renewed!  I'm awfully sorry and apologize if I was one of those on your case/being unhelpful, I just felt (and still do feel) skittish around taking uncoordinated fan action--though that may just be me being fearful and childish--but with Rae and Misty up to their chins if not eye teeth, and perhaps even TonyV and Quinch as well--I just don't want to go off like the proverbial loose cannon.  Anyhow this is probably too much explanation.  THANK YOU, LightSlinger.  Happy break time and resting and please come back soon!

(P.S. to other Titans, particularly those who regard themselves as leaders.  Please feel free to chime in on this thread.  Maybe we should all be getting behind this.  Apologies that my focus has been so divided lately.)

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2013, 08:23:41 PM »
Ninja Edit...not worth going into detail on this.

Called off the Call to Action as there are more worthy projects that have sort of spawned alongside this. Please support the ad-buying initiative however you can, thanks.

How? Is there a place to donate for ad purchases?

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2013, 08:26:18 PM »
yeah where is the donate button?

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »
Ironwolf's leading up the ad project best I can tell, hopefully we'll have some info on how we can pitch in monetarily soon. Right now they're busy getting the first batch of ads designed so if you can help with that I'm sure it would be appreciated.