Author Topic: Joint press!  (Read 9642 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Joint press!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 01:20:55 PM »
It's quite a bit early to be thinking about crossing over things, when neither game's settings are quite set in stone yet. I would, personally, imagine the first efforts at such a thing would likely happen in the form of more traditional media for the genre: a comic or a mini-web-series. This would bypass the technical difficulties.

But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, likely after both games have an Issue or two under their respective belts to establish themselves on their own. DC and Marvel didn't have "Wolverine and Robin" before Batman had been leading the dynamic duo for quite some time. (Okay, they NEVER have done that, but really, what OTHER Marvel hero has had so many juvenile sidekicks as Batman?)

C'mon. Everyone knows that Wolverine only teams with teenaged girls. :D

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 03:44:58 PM »
C'mon. Everyone knows that Wolverine only teams with teenaged girls. :D
So... since "Robin" is a unisex name, are you suggesting that Jubilee needs a new code name and to cross over to Gotham City?

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 04:27:21 PM »
It's quite a bit early to be thinking about crossing over things, when neither game's settings are quite set in stone yet. I would, personally, imagine the first efforts at such a thing would likely happen in the form of more traditional media for the genre: a comic or a mini-web-series. This would bypass the technical difficulties.

Shoot no, I wasn't suggesting it for launch! hehe.  And yeah, the comic angle would make more sense all around. I just like to think outside the box when I'm brainstorming, and I tend not to place limits on myself based on minor details like "difficulty" or "reality". ;D