Author Topic: Kick-Ass 2 red band trailer  (Read 3619 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Kick-Ass 2 red band trailer
« on: March 14, 2013, 02:02:56 AM »
The Kick-Ass 2 red band trailer is out and it looks like great fun.  Two things immediately got my attention. 
One: I wish I could afford a Hollywood physical trainer.
Two: I thought there was a good chance that Jim Carey and his typical goofball shtick was going to ruin the movie.  I was wrong.

Warning: (as if it were needed) Being a red band trailer it is NSFW.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101495

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Kick-Ass 2 red band trailer
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 03:33:06 AM »
It's going to be interesting.

At least in the trailer, Carey isn't all that goofy and I'm betting Hit-Girl will initially look up to him as a 2nd hero father (because it seems he is equally lethal) figure, driving a wedge between her and Kick-Ass only to be become disillusioned by some action of his later in the film causing her to return to Kick-Ass's side.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Lothic

• Lieutenant
  • Like tears in rain...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
Two: I thought there was a good chance that Jim Carey and his typical goofball shtick was going to ruin the movie.  I was wrong.

Yeah it's hard to completely judge Carrey's character from just a few seconds in a trailer but it looks like he's going to be playing it more like darker-humor Hank from "Me, Myself and Irene" than his goofy-humor Riddler from "Batman Forever".  Frankly I think that'll work out pretty well for this movie.
CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »
Is Jim Carey the one in the camo outfit?  :o  If so, I totally didn't recognize him.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 03:04:07 AM »
Is Jim Carey the one in the camo outfit?  :o  If so, I totally didn't recognize him.
Yup.  I didn't recognize him until I saw his name in the promo.  "Gee I wonder who he plays... OHMYGOD THAT'S HIM!"
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Arnabas

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 02:45:46 AM »
Yup.  I didn't recognize him until I saw his name in the promo.  "Gee I wonder who he plays... OHMYGOD THAT'S HIM!"

That was my reaction, too... I actually mistook it for Harry Hamlin at first.

I dunno... Hit Girl is still cool and all, but the character loses something by becoming a hottie-to-be teenager instead of a cute-but-crazy young girl. Her cursing isn't as gleefully-inappropriate as it was. Now it's just typical action-hero bravado.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:52:10 AM by Arnabas »

Lothic

• Lieutenant
  • Like tears in rain...
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 02:05:06 PM »

That was my reaction, too... I actually mistook it for Harry Hamlin at first.

I knew it was Carrey when I saw this trailer, but I had the same "OMG is that actually Carrey?!?" moment when I first saw the trailer for the new "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" movie.  I totally didn't see that it was him as the Criss Angel rip-off until I had seen the ads/trailers for that one several times.

I dunno... Hit Girl is still cool and all, but the character loses something by becoming a hottie-to-be teenager instead of a cute-but-crazy young girl. Her cursing isn't as gleefully-inappropriate as it was. Now it's just typical action-hero bravado.

I agree that part of the "charm" of Hit Girl in the first movie was that she was way too young to be running around killing people and swearing like a salty sailor.  As a teenager in this type of superhero setting you'd almost "expect" Hit Girl to act that way so she isn't going to be ironically cute anymore.  Still I'm sure she'll be cool in this one too even if it's played in a different, more teenager-oriented way.
CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 06:11:50 PM »
It's going to be interesting.

At least in the trailer, Carey isn't all that goofy and I'm betting Hit-Girl will initially look up to him as a 2nd hero father (because it seems he is equally lethal) figure, driving a wedge between her and Kick-Ass only to be become disillusioned by some action of his later in the film causing her to return to Kick-Ass's side.

You haven't read the Kick-Ass 2 comic have you...

Agreed about Hit-Girl.  However...I'm still looking forward to this film.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »
No.  I hadn't read the first one either.  Just my take based on standard Hollywood tropes plus what I saw in the trailer.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot