Author Topic: PAX 2013  (Read 11863 times)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Re: PAX 2013
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2013, 03:16:54 PM »
Even with out tickets there still the idea of just standing outside the building with torches.  Pitchforks optional.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Surelle

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2013, 06:04:56 PM »
Is NCSoft going to be at PAX East?  If so, they're already long-since sold out of tickets, but boo hoo because I'm local to the area and could have and would have gone!  But maybe it's just the west-coast PAX they're going to anyway....

SOE is having a meet-and-greet on March 22nd at an adjacent hotel to PAX East, though, and I'm going to that.  I'm a longtime Everquest 2 player and so is my daughter, and she's doing 3D modeling for their Player Studio cash shop, so we figured we'd pop in and say "Hi!"

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »
Yeah NCsoft going to be at PAX East with two booths.  One for Wildstar another for the Company itself.  Hmm odd seems they doing a major PR push for some reason... *Whistles*

NCSoft at Pax East

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 12:18:40 AM »
Yeah NCsoft going to be at PAX East with two booths.  One for Wildstar another for the Company itself.  Hmm odd seems they doing a major PR push for some reason... *Whistles*

NCSoft at Pax East
NCsoft only has one booth. It's for WildStar only.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 02:39:05 AM »
Ah yeah your right I just skimmed it.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »
i would also support the torch and masks idea, i wont be able to attend due to limitations on money and since they are sold out already

Nightwatch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »
Though we can't be there your comrades from across the pond support this action!  Post the video!!

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 08:27:46 PM »
NCsoft only has one booth. It's for WildStar only.

Smart money sez that will be the last advertising revenue Wildstar ever sees! Then a year from now it'll be "Game isnt doing as well as we'd like, shutdown in 3 months. We love y'all and FLY FREE!"

*disgust*

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 10:06:30 PM »
Smart money sez that will be the last advertising revenue Wildstar ever sees! Then a year from now it'll be "Game isnt doing as well as we'd like, shutdown in 3 months. We love y'all and FLY FREE!"

*disgust*

No, they'll get more advertising.  But come back two months after release or a month after Christmas and try to find some actual paid advertising.  It'll simply devolve back to PRs to MMO blogs/news sites.

Look right now, GoW3 is heavily advertised on TV, hey it's Sony it's not like they don't have an advertising budget, plus they are dovetailing it into PS3 ads, but two months after the game comes out, you aren't going to see the TV or print ads anymore.  It'll be onto the next AAA exclusive title.  Other than WoW and their mountain of money, MMO game populations are simply too small to get an annual ad budget.  When was the last time you saw SWtOR or DCUO advertised?  Conan?  LotRO?  DDO?  Aion?  Yes they are persistent services and you would think warrant ads throughout the year but advertising a game year round simply isn't SOP.  The general rule is you advertise when it's new and the first Christmas, maybe the second if the game came out for Christmas.  And any paid expansion of course.  But then it's onto hyping the next thing, not the existing one.

Also they realize that MMO players can't really play too many of them at once.  So the idea is to hook em and keep em than trying to pull players from other games, especially if those other games are yours as well.  Not a win/win there.

So run up the hype.  Get them to sign up in the first year and hope you keep them long enough to milk some more money from them.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 11:56:58 PM »
I would be interested to see how it turns out.  Perhaps one person could stay out of costume and mingle with the NCSoft employees and get a reading on how the company feels about all of this.  Might provide some clues on how to motivate them to shall we say..."do the right thing"
No Surrender!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2013, 03:47:41 AM »
If anybody's going to PAX East, could I get them to stop by the Stone Blade Entertainment booth and pick me up some Ascension promo cards and any other swag? I will cover shipping costs. I am totally grabby-hands on this game, guys, it's no joke. They're right between WotC and Sony.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal