Author Topic: A spiritual character successor...  (Read 1481 times)

MoltenSlowa

• Underling
A spiritual character successor...
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:02:39 AM »
Since the closing of City of Heroes, I haven't found a game that allows me to play like my main, a MFing warshade.

And then Bioware released DLC for Mass Effect 3. It's not the same thing, but the new Geth Juggernaut (or GethShade, as I've taken to calling him now) comes pretty close in emulating my warshade's playstyle. Every time I play him, I want to go back and play my MFing warshade in City of Heroes.

And, I can't anymore.

Man...I really miss this game. And community. And "must find more bodies". :(

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
Re: A spiritual character successor...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 06:21:14 PM »
As soon as CoH is back on in whatever fashion I will finally get around to leveling a Warshade. That's one of my biggest regrets. I don't know why but all mine stalled in the teens.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 11:10:31 PM »
My own Warshade stalled at level 5 or 6.  I was having incredible difficulty with the first few "starter" missions.

My Peacebringer only got to level 20 or so, too.  I always meant to go back and get her to 50, but there was supposed to be more time.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:58 AM »
I would get my Mind/Earth Dominator to 50.  I put it off because I didn't want to spend the insane amount of money it would of cost on his build.  Should done it when I had the chance.

Achimrst

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »
MFing Warshade was the best! I also loved my Grav/Psi dom!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »
Energy Blast primary with Mental Manip Secondary with epic Ele Mastery was da bomb!  So much so that I did it 3 times to max level.  Okay, okay, so I get off (or did) on playing Fragile Artillery.  (All blaster TF's were WAY exciting!  Blasters either win fast or we get defeated fast  - and man do we LOVE our tankers and defenders!!)

In LOTRO, my minstrel can heal an entire team to full ONCE every 30 minutes!!!   Oh, and I get to pull ALL the aggro in the Barrow Wight's tomb just for doing this.  After dabbling in LOTRO, with RL friends, it was back to CoH for me with Issue 19 or 20, where my Defs could heal a team to full every 8 seconds, apparently without pulling any aggro at all.  (Yeah, playing def's solo above level 30 is a hassle - educational, but so much more fun when teamed.)

My fave Def primaries are dark miasma (accuracy to hit/heal but debuff on baddies) and Kinetics (reminds me of Ki Aikido).  I mention this only for the fan who once commented on a graphic about wanting to learn "curse" science.  LOL, I'd say skip the curses altogether; rather just go with Bless Science (e.g. Empathy primary and all those recovery and healing aura.)  I'll admit I never got very good at RP empathy.  My primary dark def, Kristoff, kept trying to pretend he was a blaster who could heal, but Kinetics secondary with gravity control was excellent!  Also, dark miasma worked even better than triple dark def, Kristoff, when i paired miasma with rad blasting for my Battle Hag persona - now she was AWESOME!!!   8)

*modified for a typographic error I noticed.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 12:35:41 PM by johnrobey »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine