Author Topic: GitS MMOFPS  (Read 2220 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
GitS MMOFPS
« on: February 14, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »
Nexon announced they are doing an MMOFPS based on Ghost in the Shell Manga/Anime.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:28:18 PM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Re: GitS MMOFPS
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »
I was expecting something like this soon.  Either Ghost in the shell or Deus Ex.  A Cyberpunk MMO is one nitch that hasn't been tried yet... well until now.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Canine

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 07:15:03 PM »
I was expecting something like this soon.  Either Ghost in the shell or Deus Ex.  A Cyberpunk MMO is one nitch that hasn't been tried yet... well until now.

Other than the announcement of the possibility of maybe perhaps a Cyberpunk 2020 derived game appearing at some point in the future, maybe, you mean?

However, if this involves Mike Pondsmith in any significant way, don't expect it any time soon...

Mind you, from what little I've seen mentioned about CP2077, it looks to be more of a single player RPG than an MMO, so your statement about a Cybepunk MMO still stands.  I just wanted to take a minor poke at Pondsmith's notorious low release rate over the last decade or so ;)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
Didn't mean the game itself.  More like the style Human and machines high tech future hell hole. 

Something when you upgrade you can choose to have this argumentation done to become more and more artificial cyborg.   

A game where instead of Weapons and gear.  You get Parts and modifications.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 04:49:56 AM »
I really liked the Stand Alone Complex anime (I haven't seen the second season, don't think), so it's interesting news to me that they'd make a new game out of it. But being a shooter MMO, it probably won't be on my radar otherwise.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
Mixed about SAC. The OVA released back in 1990's was awesome, though.  :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

kongman

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 07:05:21 PM »

Neocron was actually the first cyberpunk FPSMMO ever. It was very fun too! Too bad it never got its name out there and died, but it did have a strong German community. And as I look at the site now looks like they made it free to play recently, might download it again and check it out after all these years.
http://www.neocron-game.com/
Site is under construction but download is up, you could always google information and pictures of it

Anyways, very excited, GiTS is easily at the top of my loved anime list ever.  Whats next? Naruto's World of Ninjas?! Oh lawd...