Author Topic: Walking Dead back tonight  (Read 7087 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Walking Dead back tonight
« on: February 10, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
Talking Dead is on right after now and for an hour.

Edit: now and?  What language was I thinking in?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:38:39 PM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Walking Dead back tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 07:42:46 PM »
Right after now? When is now? Now now? Is then now? When will then be now?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:37:14 PM »
Oooo, transposing words, the new dyslexia.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 05:36:38 PM »
Ok episode.  Excited it's back.  Thoughts:

1. Rick's going bat guano.
2. Glen is right behind him and needs to watch his tongue with Maggie.  She's a big girl.
3.  I still hate Andrea....that speech wasn't all that powerful.
4.  I've said it before, while I know Michonne is supposed to be teh awesomesauce, I don't like her. (It's a show decision, not the character.)
5.  How many people were hoping that idiot from Tyrese' group would have tried to overpower "just a woman and a little kid".  Carl would have @#&$%ed them up.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
Ok episode.  Excited it's back.  Thoughts:

1. Rick's going bat guano.
2. Glen is right behind him and needs to watch his tongue with Maggie.  She's a big girl.
3.  I still hate Andrea....that speech wasn't all that powerful.
4.  I've said it before, while I know Michonne is supposed to be teh awesomesauce, I don't like her. (It's a show decision, not the character.)
5.  How many people were hoping that idiot from Tyrese' group would have tried to overpower "just a woman and a little kid".  Carl would have @#&$%ed them up.

1) He needs another phone call to talk it out.
2) Nah, he's just suffering testosterone poisoning.  Being beaten to a pulp, fed to a zombie and have the woman you love and swore to protect humiliated (he may still believe she was assaulted but won't tell him) can do that to a young guy.
3) Sounded like she was running for school president.
4) Michonne plays things so close to the vest that it's actually inside her.  She trusts noone.  I think the only reason she saved Andrea was to hear another human voice.
5) Oh yeah, Carl would have gunned them down without a second thought.  Anything to reduce the competition for Maggie's little sister.  I like Kevin Smith's nickname for him, Wyatt Twerp.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »
I get why Michonne is Michonne, but something about the choices they've made for the show feels ham fisted to me and makes her more unlikable and less bada$$.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 03:06:20 AM »
I watched the show tonight, and I have to admit that my interest in it is waning.

Ultimately, it feels like there is no real hope for the characters or the world they live in. Things will not get better. The world will not improve. They will all die to either the Walkers or to their fellow man. 

Sure, we can see the characters grow stronger like Carl or Carol ... or go off their rocker like Rick ...  but it's still a world where their fates seem pre-ordained to be messy.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »
I watched the show tonight, and I have to admit that my interest in it is waning.

Ultimately, it feels like there is no real hope for the characters or the world they live in. Things will not get better. The world will not improve. They will all die to either the Walkers or to their fellow man. 

Sure, we can see the characters grow stronger like Carl or Carol ... or go off their rocker like Rick ...  but it's still a world where their fates seem pre-ordained to be messy.
From what I've heard of the comics it's even worse there, if the series followed them all that would've been left by season two would've been Carl or something...
Haven't read them personally, so if anyone has, feel free to correct me where/if I'm wrong!

8 Ball

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 01:58:25 AM »
I get why Michonne is Michonne, but something about the choices they've made for the show feels ham fisted to me and makes her more unlikable and less bada$$.

I actually think this is due to the Tyrese being intoduced later than in the comics, Michone & Tyrese had a bit of back & forth already by this point in the comics etc...made her a little more likeable (also she had the crap kicked out of her by the Gov, made her a little more sympathatic and her revenge more fun to read).

As for this episode...meh, one of the worst of season 3 sofar, Andrea's pep talk made me want to puke, really, are these people that wimpy? How the hell did they survive this long? Crazy Rick is getting a little tiresome as well.

At this point I think Carl should run off with Tyrese and have their own adventures, I'd watch that :)

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »
Zombie bomb!

A pretty good episode, lots of action and gore (hatchback smash!) and some pretty good fleshing out of Merle and Daryl's past.  I have to admit the Axel headshot made me jump.  But I'm not so sure he was the nice guy he was trying to come off as; I remember his creepy ogling of Hershel's youngest.  (creepy)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 08:53:16 PM »
Well at the time Daryl was about so Carol was out (plus he thought she was a lesbian because of her hair) so Beth was the only woman there that wasn't paired up (except for Carl eying her as well).  With Daryl out of the equation and her sexuality declared, Carol was open season.

The only thing that would have made the Zombie Bomb even more awesome would to have it play an ice cream truck tune to continue to attract walkers.

Lothic

• Lieutenant
  • Like tears in rain...
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 04:16:10 PM »
Yeah obviously Axel wasn't the most virtuous person in the world but I figure he was simply doing what many guys would do in this post-apocalyptic situation as far as trying to figure out which of the few females in the group he could be "friendly" with.  His behaviors might have been semi-creepy but they were realistic - at least he was a lot nicer than the graphic novel versions of the prisoners.

Anyway as soon as Axel started becoming friendly with Carol I knew he was going to get red-shirted.  Of the three characters Daryl, Carol and Axel it was pretty obvious Axel was the least important of the three.  Not that I thought Daryl would come back and jealously confront Axel, but it was more like we all know the Daryl/Carol storyline is a main thread of the show and Axel would have become a weird third-wheel to that.  I think Axel just stepped in to fill the temporary void of Daryl being away as a sort of "what-if" for Carol if Daryl was actually gone for good.

In the end the way Axel was talking about "how life was good in the prison" was a big clue that he was about to be killed.  He was being way too overly optimistic and happy about life and that's usually the perfect time (dramatically) for someone to die unexpectedly in a show like this.  I too was surprised by the sudden head-shot method of Axel's demise, but that was a cool way to handle the opening attack by the governor.  I agree they totally messed up by not having the zombi-bomb play happy ice cream music as it went through the gates. Sure it would've been ironically funny, but even from a tactical point of view the noise of the music would've attracted even more walkers into the prison. ;)
CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 10:08:58 AM »
I enjoyed the episode as well, especially when I saw that car charging through the gates and I immediately realized what it was carrying!
Followed afterwards by "Holy <bleep>! How many of those things did they stuff in there?!"  ;D

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »
I agree they totally messed up by not having the zombi-bomb play happy ice cream music as it went through the gates. Sure it would've been ironically funny, but even from a tactical point of view the noise of the music would've attracted even more walkers into the prison. ;)
It's very "The Day of the Triffids" which is why I thought of it.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »
I enjoyed the episode as well, especially when I saw that car charging through the gates and I immediately realized what it was carrying!
Followed afterwards by "Holy <bleep>! How many of those things did they stuff in there?!"  ;D

Zombies and clowns are both known to pack well into vehicles.

They are both also very creepy and should be killed.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
Zombies and clowns are both known to pack well into vehicles.

They are both also very creepy and should be killed.
Hah, yep! That was my second thought, you can stack them as much as you want since they don't need breathing nor personal space.  ;D

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 11:00:02 AM »
Hah, yep! That was my second thought, you can stack them as much as you want since they don't need breathing nor personal space.  ;D

If the truck was full of zombie clowns Hershel probably would of dropped dead of sheer horror.  Everyone seen the newest episode?  Don't wanna drop any spoilers

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »
Right after now? When is now? Now now? Is then now? When will then be now?
Soon.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Lothic

• Lieutenant
  • Like tears in rain...
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »
A couple of comments about the last couple of episodes ("I Ain't a Judas" and "Clear"):

So it was no real surprise that the Governor was going to try to drum up as many people as he could for an "army" to attack the prison.  I liked that scene where it showed everyone lined up while he was reviewing the so-called troops.  The desperately rag-tag group of old grannies and young asthmatic boys heavily reminded me of that classic last film of Hitler that showed him reviewing a handful of ill-equipped Hitler Youth and old men who were all that he had left to defend Berlin against the Soviets.  It highlighted the Governor's despotic willingness to use and sacrifice every last person he could to preserve his Woodbury.

The only real story problem I had with "Clear" was the logistics of Rick, Carl and Michonne travelling back hundreds of miles to Rick's hometown like it was something they could have easily done anytime they wanted to.  The actual Woodbury, Georgia (which we can assume is just a few miles from the prison story-wise) is 480 miles from Cynthiana, Kentucky.  Glossing over just how hard that trip should have been to accomplish given the herds of Walkers and the general dangers/hardships of the post-ZA world just irked me somehow.  Anyway, barring the relative impossibility of the trip I thought the actual episode dealing with Morgan was probably one of the best episodes of the entire show.  Morgan's hell of loneliness showed us what Rick's life could have been if he didn't find his family and the other survivors to be with.
CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 06:43:23 PM »
It may be far, I'm not keeping track on where their travels have taken them.  I did find it curious that Daryl and Meryl seemed to know where they were in the woods a few episodes back, debating on the location of a river.

The advantage/hope of traveling that far is 1) Rick is intimately familiar with the town and 2) it's unlikely that the Gov's crew had already looted it.