Author Topic: Idea for keeping up Morale. TONY, CMERE.  (Read 2249 times)

Waffles

• Elite Boss
Idea for keeping up Morale. TONY, CMERE.
« on: January 27, 2013, 12:38:51 AM »
Hey all, Been lurking around rather than posting since it's really hard for me to not enter and ALL CAPS RAGE against NCSOFTAKRJNOLANRFL;AKFNAPOGAS
*Ahem*

My idea to keep interest in the Plan Z project is to frequently post screenshots/some sort of VISUAL medium so that the people not involved can get a good idea on progress. This would also help us give feedback on UI on anything we may not like/feel can be added to enhance it.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
Re: Idea for keeping up Morale. TONY, CMERE.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 02:31:03 AM »
ALL CAPS RAGE against NCSOFTAKRJNOLANRFL;AKFNAPOGAS
Somehow, my brain actually translated that as:

"Rage against NCSoft acreage Nolan are full; a caffeine Napo gas."

Sounds catchy.  Perhaps a new top 10 hit is comin' outta that.  Go Waffles!

---

I also would like more than "no really, we're making progress" and "Here's a concept video that doesn't show anything in game, but shows pretty stuff and says 'we be here'."

But I do like the progress reports.  'In game' would be so awesome though.  But it's still young yet, so I expect perhaps another few months... if not more than a few... before we see any 'concrete' images forthcoming...

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
The Facebook pages and forums of the spiritual successors are full of updates. Much of the spiritual successor stuff was moved off these boards to prevent them being officially-labeled as Titan Network projects (although, obviously some Titans are involved in various projects, I believe.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:25:11 PM by Rae »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »
Also worth noting. Cranking out visuals is not easy. That isn't the way it works. It is a very lengthy, time consuming process before anything looks like anything worth showing. This is why you don't generally see teaser screen shots for games until they have been in development for a long time. Also, the projects are dealing with a new IP. If they have good ideas, they shouldn't be posting them anywhere lest they get stolen. These are games that won't be ready for years if they are going to be good. Give then the time they need. I'm shocked they showed anything.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 08:04:50 PM »

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 09:10:42 PM »
I thought the idea was waffles... :(

Now I 'm hungry...
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 08:44:59 PM »
Few would be happier than we at the Phoenix Project to be able to release new images and video clips of things "in game" on even a monthly basis, but as others have said, such assets take a tremendous amount of man-hours to turn into a display. The works we've released so far actually ate up two of our leads' time for a couple of weeks each; while getting them out was important for exactly the reasons this thread was created, we can't afford to side-track our limited volunteer man-hours on such things every month. Nobody's kidding when they put the time-frame on development in "years," and that only gets longer if we spend too much time putting together presentations of what we have done rather than getting more done.

That said, there are updated displays in the works for specific milestones in our progress. The time-frame on these is tied more to when we reach those milestones, however, so all I can say right now is "more is coming." For more details about where we are in any given aspect of the project, please visit us on the forums at http://missingworldsmedia.com and ask around.

We're really grateful for the interest and energy, and it's our hope to deliver what you expect and more.

There is a tremendous amount of work being done "behind the scenes." We all are looking forward to when we have another chance to unveil a public release. ^_^

So, keep your eyes peeled; more is coming.

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 09:30:14 PM »
cant wait for trailers and screenshots. so looking forward when this game comes out.
i got more faith in TPP than i do with NCSoft.
good job
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 09:48:52 PM »
Hey all, Been lurking around rather than posting since it's really hard for me to not enter and ALL CAPS RAGE against NCSOFTAKRJNOLANRFL;AKFNAPOGAS
*Ahem*

My idea to keep interest in the Plan Z project is to frequently post screenshots/some sort of VISUAL medium so that the people not involved can get a good idea on progress. This would also help us give feedback on UI on anything we may not like/feel can be added to enhance it.

Howdy, Waffles!!  In my opinion, I'm fine if you wanna ALL CAPS RAGE against NCSOFT and their pancakey, pancake decisions!!!   Get it off your chest; we have forum threads just for that!!  I've raged and vented my spleen here more than a time or two, and am better for having gotten that bile out!!!  (Way better, imo, than carrying around toxic anger, no matter how well it's buried.)   :o

PS. to Tony, I like your (TM) on Soon.  ROFL!!!!  8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine