Author Topic: Yes, yes, I know, WHY ISN'T MERCEDES DOING AWESOME THINGS RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!???  (Read 22266 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Because Mercedes caught the flu.

This is influenza, not stomach flu.  I have been:

Coughing up lung, to the point that at one point I thought I had torn diaphragm muscles.  They're still sore and it hurts to laugh, cough, and breathe.
Exhausted merely by taking a shower to the point I have to lie down.
Sleeping about 12 hours (or more) at a stretch.
Pushed to the limit to get my paying work done.

I'm guessing it's going to be at least another week before I'm over this, so please be patient.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

pewlagon

• Boss
Uhg I just got over my winter cold. May the chicken soup be with you.

Bold

• Minion
Uff, take care of yourself, please. Sacrificing yourself for the cause is how the movie will go, but this is reality. We need you well, not busy! Take all the time you need!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
But you are doing awesome things... you're surviving the flu.  LIKE A BOSS. 8)

Heh, get well soon girlie.

And go lie down. You're sick for Pete's sake.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss

Coughing up lung, to the point that at one point I thought I had torn diaphragm muscles.  They're still sore and it hurts to laugh, cough, and breathe.

I'm guessing it's going to be at least another week before I'm over this, so please be patient.

Get well as soon as possible. The flu is never a fun thing to have. But in the mean time take it easy, make sure to eat well balanced meals aka good nutrition/hydration and get plenty of rest, which at 12 hours or more, it seems you are already doing that. Get well soon sorry to hear you have the flu. It is the flu season. So everyone be careful out there.

Reiraku

• Boss
The thread title is misleading.

You're doing awesome things this very minute by virtue of existing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
I hope you feel better soon, being sick sucks! =/
And no worries, I'm currently working my way through previous awesome things you've done!

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
get well soon, Mercedes!

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Sorry to hear you've been so ill. Hope you recover soon.
 You, and others, have been doing AWESOME things all along! This Titan isn't at all dissappointed!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Omni-Nogard

• Underling
Get well soon.

Surelle

I remember you mentioning you were sick even before so I figured you still were.  So far we've had the vomiting flu and then strep hit the area here in MA, so we feel your pain!

Take it easy, embrace the echinacea, vitamin C and chicken soup, and try to get extra sleep.  And get well soon!

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
Get well soon Ms. Lackey! BTW I'm reading Invasion currently.  :)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Unfortunately you have the flying butt-monkey strain of the flu.

Not a pretty sight.

We just figured you were somewhere else being awesome.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
The thread title is misleading.

You're doing awesome things this very minute by virtue of existing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

This.
Beware the mighty faceplant!

Cinnder

• Boss
Hang in there and get better soon!  You've been doing quite enough for the cause anyway; maybe it's time you had a well-deserved rest.

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
Sending you some hot tea and OZ sunshine to help you get better.   Relax, we've got this.  (You are working on another book umm does it have fancy chickens in it?)  ;)
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
People annoying Mercedes Lackey- LEAVE HER ALONE AND LET HER REST AND GET BETTER!!
Mercedes Lackey- Myself and Suzy the Elf, my radio sidekick, wish you a speedy recovery.
I finished 'Invasion' last week...Must...Find...Book...Two...

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts

No excuses lady!  You're a superhero!  Suck it up and drive on!   >:(

*Gets run over by a heavily shielded red Mustang*   :o

Kidding!  Get better soon.

...Publicity photos just don't work very well with a lung sticking out of your mouth...or so I'm told.   ;)

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
<<<Sigh>>> I guess we can... if we must... do without you for the afternoon while you get better. But this just means you'll have to show up at work all that much earlier tomorrow young lady!

Take care of you. I've had enough brushes with the Flu to know how un-fun it is.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Take it very easy, VV. This year's flu is a baaaaaad mamajama. There are little kids around my neck of the woods with 103+ fevers for days. Not good.
Also, the stomach virus going around in the south is very catchy and not pleasant. It is just a 24 (ish) hr. thing, but still no good. Lost a day of work from that one. Well, they lost it from me. So, don't catch that as well or you'll be hospitalized. Not kidding.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl