Author Topic: Young Justice?  (Read 4432 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Young Justice?
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
I'm surprised nobody started a thread about YJ now that its back on.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
Re: Young Justice?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
Yeah.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:02:45 PM »
I just didn't want to go into spoilers just yet.  I just finished catching up.  Lovely set of twists and turns.  Plus new faces.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
Sadly, it appears they replaced Thundercats with Lego Chima (...*cough* ripoff)

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »
I never really got past first few episodes. The writing has put me off and I found the chracters to be too stereotypical and shallow. Does it get any better in later episodes? Maybe I should give the show another chance, but still, recently I got burned just a few too many times with superhero themed stuff (I find Arrow appaling and I seem to be missing what's so great about The Dark Knight Rises - but they both get a lot of praise, so maybe the problem lies with me).

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 09:47:09 PM »
I do like it myself.

Have to say that Black Manta has gotten more characterization in the 15 minutes or so of screentime he's had in Young Justice than he's had in 30 years of comics.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 05:07:28 AM »
I didn't care for Young Justice very much at first.  It's gotten better, but I'm still only watching it in the hope that the rare bits of good stuff in it will become less rare (well, that and the DC Nation shorts which are largely more entertaining than both of their full series).  It's possible that part of the problem is I have never liked the "new" Blue Beetle, but on the other hand I didn't mind him in Batman the Brave & the Bold.  It's at least less offensive to the eyes than the Green Lantern series.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 04:09:42 AM »
Man as good as this show has been it's a real shame it's being cancelled.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 02:02:59 AM »
So what'd you guys think of last episode?

I hope they do have the whole Invasion story wrapped up by the last episode.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 03:46:11 AM »
Young Justice and Green Lantern were given time to prep endings for their respective shows.

Green Lantern, for me, is the one I thought might pull it out. I was really looking forward to the next season because it looked as if the War of Light was going to go forward leading into Blackest Night. Of course, Blackest Night, would have had to have been toned down somehow but I had every confidence in the writers. And again, they claim lack of toys... I have been looking everywhere for Aya and Razer, but it seems no rue action figure line was launched for the animated series. Sorry, it's someone not doing their job and pitching the show to toy companies. I would have bought stuff for this one.

LadyWizard

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 05:27:53 PM »
And again, they claim lack of toys... I have been looking everywhere for Aya and Razer, but it seems no rue action figure line was launched for the animated series. Sorry, it's someone not doing their job and pitching the show to toy companies.
Well I've heard other reports... for one seems guy heading cartoon network literally does hate cartoons and seems YJ and GL did not fit in with his "vision". (isn't that what nearly killed coh that it wasn't fitting Emerett's vision from all accounts and because it didn't fit NCSoft's vision is what finally killed the goose?)  Basically the more mature storylined cartoons won't fit with beware the batman and Teen Titans go!(which my boyfriend informed me hasn't ever been a success in the comics forcing multiple reboots yet young justice went off with few hiccups)

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 06:41:08 PM »
Yeah, and having known a few people that worked for him I can tell you the cheaper the show is to produce the happier he is with it n the air. He was the genius behind rebranding Cartoon Network CN in the hopes people wouldn't mind his reality Kids Tv crap that didn't pan out at all. The guy basically wants cheap shows so he can soak up advertising money. Same thing happened to MTV. If he has his way everything you love about CN will be gone. If Green Lantern is done I'm done with CN. My friends with new shows don't even bother pitching to CN anymore, they've gotten much better responses from Nick.

LadyWizard

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 05:15:51 AM »
Hate to tell you but both shows this season's it on green lantern and young justice... he's already announced they were canned

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 05:36:12 AM »
So what'd you guys think of last episode?

I hope they do have the whole Invasion story wrapped up by the last episode.

Well that's going to mess up the tides.  Plus BB turned and likely the assault teams are now captured by the Reach.

Show of hands, who thinks Lex and the Light will betray The Reach when it's time.  Anyone?

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »
I kinda like the show. I don't like the krypto-like wolf thing, Beast Boy (emphasis on boy) or Blue Beetle.  Hate the new Blue Beetle. Give me a guy in blue spandex with a big bug ship any day.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 05:34:48 AM »
Hate the new Blue Beetle. Give me a guy in blue spandex with a big bug ship any day.

Indeed.  I haven't liked him since he debuted.  I've liked him less since I found out about the Reach.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »
I liked Blue Beetle on the Brave and the Bold cartoon show.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 01:12:37 PM »
I liked Blue Beetle on the Brave and the Bold cartoon show.

I admit that I didn't hate him there.  I didn't like him, either, but that's still a step up.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 12:06:02 AM »
Today's episode was pretty good. Do wish they'd at least hint that Sportsmaster did care about his children. Would make him a more interesting character.