Author Topic: CoH probably not purchased. Twitter is dumb.  (Read 10537 times)

Septipheran

Re: CoH probably not purchased. Twitter is dumb.
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 04:44:54 PM »
Until I can sign in and get back to my corner of Atlas Park.... I'll refrain from squee.

Wait.. We can get our own corners? How do I sign up?

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »
It reminds me of a post I read in the Star Wars Galaxies forums in the fall of 2005.  The guy claimed he had an "uncle" who worked for Sony Online Entertainment.  The poster claimed the game would reduce the professions to eight, make Jedi a starting profession, totally rework combat to make it "twitch based," and rework the entire crafting system.

We all thought he was nuts.  "How could they do that before the launch of a major expansion?," we said.  Until, of course, it actually happened.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 05:11:29 PM »
Wait.. We can get our own corners? How do I sign up?

Probably need to buy one at a corner store.

Seriously though, I wouldn't just automatically believe people who say things like that, until they show some proof. Either proof that what they said is true, or proof of who the person is and why they can be trusted just on their word. Cause there are a whoooole lotta unicorns out there who think that messing with people is funny, and even more people who will hear a rumor and spread it around thinking it's true.

Maybe we're wrong here and this person's for real... but I'm doubtful. Anyone with access to that kind of inside scoop, probably isn't going to go around splatting it all over the internet.

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »
It reminds me of a post I read in the Star Wars Galaxies forums in the fall of 2005.  The guy claimed he had an "uncle" who worked for Sony Online Entertainment.  The poster claimed the game would reduce the professions to eight, make Jedi a starting profession, totally rework combat to make it "twitch based," and rework the entire crafting system.

We all thought he was nuts.  "How could they do that before the launch of a major expansion?," we said.  Until, of course, it actually happened.

I'm shocked that guy's post was not inmediately moderated out.
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

I'm signing off and taking a break, blindly hope things change.

Mazz vs The World

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 05:31:13 PM »
Hmmm................ :roll:

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
<--- Sees thread title: !!!
<--- Reads thread: sigh.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 05:58:58 PM »
I thought it was odd that he posted it to Matt Miller?

He may be confused with the merge of Nexon and NCSoft.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 06:18:13 PM »
Cant believe everything heard or rather texted on twittter.

As the old saying goes, everyone knows somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody who's uncle's sister-in law's dog groomer's cousin's best friends's high school classmate's aunt's step-brother's truck mechanic's friend's weed supplier's dad's ex-wife's hair stylist's husband's drinking buddy's estranged relative's boss that knows a CEO of major corporation that is bunk mates with the guy that have inside information on a game company. But of course they cant be named because they want to keep the million dollar purchase a secret or else people will find out that they are friends with a guy that knows the guy that washes the car of a girl that dated a guy that know who Batman is.

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 06:26:47 PM »
This thread should really be renamed. I got really excited in the split second between clicking on this and viewing its contents.

Seconded. I call for a ruling to be put in place, no announcing "some guy said" CoH has been purchased without more evidence than linking their Twitter feed.

I see the use of Twitter but I still consider it to be one of the stupidest creations of the 21st century, not so much for itself but for a certain culture that has spawned from it. "OMG! you don't have Twitter? How do you keep track of your thoughts?"

*sigh*

The only Tweet I'll ever take seriously is one of the earliest ones ever written by its creator.

"They can't all be winners."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:24:24 PM by Knight Light »

Valjean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
I'd rather we just delete and/or move this thread entirely.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 07:58:14 PM »
I'd rather we just delete and/or move this thread entirely.

Seconded.
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

angelo.pampalone

• Underling
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 08:01:29 PM »
Delete it, is better that way.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 08:57:13 PM »
Taking exception with your note of dark places aiding in failing to detect (anyone with an advanced degree in Arcane Biology would know unicorn poop glows) I concede to your point.
If you place a unicorn turd far enough back into an otherwise-lightless cave, the glow emitted from the dung will dissipate before reaching the eyes of someone at the entrance of the cave, assuming normal human eyesight.  Even in the case of low-light vision (for example, cats, owls, or elves) it simply means that you have to have more darkness or greater distance separating the dung from its viewer. 

Creatures with 'vision' based on phenomenon other than light can be safely excluded from consideration.  The luminescence of unicorn dung or the darkness of its surroundings is irrelevant in regards to their ability to percieve said dung.

So, while it's true that unicorn feces is bioluminescent, my point stands that it cannot be seen given sufficient darkness separating it and its would-be viewer.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 09:20:35 PM »
Fixed it. :p

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:42 AM »
Nice to know Unicorn Poo glows... I'll start hunting them at night!
Unicorn poo is edible, too!

Also, here's a handy guide to identifying the unicorn that left the poo:

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 02:59:33 AM »
If you place a unicorn turd far enough back into an otherwise-lightless cave, the glow emitted from the dung will dissipate before reaching the eyes of someone at the entrance of the cave, assuming normal human eyesight.  Even in the case of low-light vision (for example, cats, owls, or elves) it simply means that you have to have more darkness or greater distance separating the dung from its viewer. 

Creatures with 'vision' based on phenomenon other than light can be safely excluded from consideration.  The luminescence of unicorn dung or the darkness of its surroundings is irrelevant in regards to their ability to percieve said dung.

So, while it's true that unicorn feces is bioluminescent, my point stands that it cannot be seen given sufficient darkness separating it and its would-be viewer.

The red bull would like a word with you.

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 04:24:02 AM »

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 05:06:56 AM »

Very nice! Wspecially like how to light was more or less centered in the 'O' in Heroes.  :D
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

avelworldcreator

• Elite Boss
  • Missing Worlds Media co-founder/senior developer.
    • Basketcase Software
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 05:29:16 AM »
It looks like something from the "CoolText" website. I use that for my work.

And this thread still is open?
Missing World Media primary co-founder, senior developer, UI/UX acting lead, and software toolsmith.

eviella

• Minion
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 06:28:08 AM »
Anybody else view it as oddly positive that people are still trying to unicorn us?  Part of me thinks our worst problem is making people know we're still here...