Author Topic: Official White House response to Death Star petition  (Read 3603 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Official White House response to Death Star petition
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »
Just when you think they've lost their sense of humor...  8)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »
Goveernment and sense of humor.
*BZZZT*
Are we on Bizarro Earth?
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
I sense the humor is strong in these ones ;)

Makes me wish I was American.
Yeeessss....

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 06:39:48 PM »
I think they would have had a better shot at it being a reality if they asked when D. Cheney was VP. He probably would of had a heart attack falling over himself to get it built and find his Darth Vader outfit.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 02:11:43 AM »
Big round of applause here. It has just the right balance of nerd humor and actual fact to be worth the read.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Septipheran

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 11:42:09 PM »
I posted this on Facebook the other day. Very funny stuff. I am not a fan of this administration or its ideology but this was legitimately entertaining to me.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 11:44:01 PM »
I posted this on Facebook the other day. Very funny stuff. I am not a fan of this administration or its ideology but this was legitimately entertaining to me.

If anything it shows that those who grew up watching Star Wars when it first came out are now in positions of power and there are likely some who really like Star Wars and have a sense of humor to boot.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Septipheran

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 12:07:04 AM »
If anything it shows that those who grew up watching Star Wars when it first came out are now in positions of power and there are likely some who really like Star Wars and have a sense of humor to boot.

Yeah, I try to stay positive when I can.. Unfortunately, I'm also wrestling with the cynical side of me that sees this and can only be reminded of the best scene of the prequel trilogy.

"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FblQR8ZeUpQ

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 12:37:01 AM »
"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." :/

I think ALL of us are wondering when that moment is going to happen in our reality.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 11:09:06 PM »
I think ALL of us are wondering when that moment is going to happen in our reality.
Because it happened in a film, I think there will be great difficulties before it happens here. Look at what we do now with AI development due to nearly (but not totally) all science fiction work beginning with a premise about android/robot/AI programmation error led to them being banned (or dystopia-creating).

Though that didn't stop a company from calling itself Skynet...

(and a salute to my Belgian friends ;-))
Yeeessss....

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 12:07:43 AM »
Because it happened in a film, I think there will be great difficulties before it happens here. Look at what we do now with AI development due to nearly (but not totally) all science fiction work beginning with a premise about android/robot/AI programmation error led to them being banned (or dystopia-creating).

Well... there's a lot more involved in that. Most of those robot revolutions were demonstrations of free-will that got misconstrued as malfunctions. We don't have the programming knowledge to create a truly free-thinking machine. 'Maybe' quantum computing will change that.

The Bill of Rights is already being decimated, and has been for a while now.

On a lighter note, after the Death Star idea being shot down, they're onto plan B. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/sacrificing-all-republicans-order-summon-mothra/J22NkfPF