Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 2498 times)

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
Cyberpunk 2077
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:31:29 AM »
I woke up to this teaser circulating the web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc

An RPG game with open world that is not set in yet another generic fantasy land? Yes, please!

Plus I have fond memories of the pen and paper game, though I was usually seeing myself as a Shadowrun guy.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 07:34:36 AM »
I'll hold my enthusiasm until more substantial trailers/videos come along - which is to say, ones that have gameplay and possibly character creation rather than stylised cinematic footage that's meant to "wow" without actually disclosing much of use.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 07:51:46 AM »
That's a very sensible approach. But the guys behind Cyberpunk 2077 are also responsible for both Witcher games, so they have a pretty neat record when it comes to making RPG games.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 07:54:16 AM »
Personally, I can't wait (2015? Bleh!). Based on the teaser it looks like they've nailed the cyberpunk genre setting down (it's my understanding that this game will be based on an old pen and paper game?) and it's being made by the same folks that made the Witcher, so I'm sure it'll be good.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 08:03:57 AM »
That's a very sensible approach. But the guys behind Cyberpunk 2077 are also responsible for both Witcher games, so they have a pretty neat record when it comes to making RPG games.

I didn't finish the Witcher.  I liked the story/environment/characters, but it had some of the worst combat I've ever dealt with and such a tedious crafting system (which, I was told by someone who made it much farther, is absolutely essential to delve into).  I didn't even try the second game, so I don't know if it got better.  I would really like a decent Cyberpunk game, and I think they certainly have the means to make the setting great.  I hope they end up with gameplay I can tolerate.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »
Witcher 2 is far better than the original.

As for the trailer, it's a teaser. They're probably holding off on actually in game footage until E3.