Author Topic: Any other Pokemon Trainers out there? :)  (Read 16758 times)

Absolute

• Lieutenant
Re: Any other Pokemon Trainers out there? :)
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 08:09:34 AM »
The sheer tedium of IV/EVs kills any real thought of playing "seriously."

Nobody playing competitively actually grinds IVs/EVs. Only people who really want to beat their inexperienced local friends actually do that.

We all use...

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/

Before that we used Shoddy Battle, although that stopped getting updated.

You select IVs/EVs/Move set/Nature. I still believe Smogon University is the top place to get strategies.

You can watch random matches as a guest if anyone if interested in Pokemon Showdown. The sound is loud though, get ready to turn it down.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 08:43:51 AM »
Nobody playing competitively actually grinds IVs/EVs. Only people who really want to beat their inexperienced local friends actually do that.

And, of course, people who play in tournaments.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 09:28:05 PM »
Update: Ninfia's English name is Sylveon. The Pokemon Company's got a short video posted of gameplay footage of this Pokemon.

http://youtu.be/pse_I1klRhA

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 10:15:14 PM »
so i know the chances are slimmer by the day, but i'm still hoping for a second eeveelution for this gen. lol

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2013, 05:28:36 AM »
Update: Ninfia's English name is Sylveon.

The fact that a sylph is an air elemental just further indicates the likelihood that it's Flying type to me.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 10:05:38 PM »
i was just recently exposed to pokemon showdown and OH MY GOD IT IS SO AWESOME. if any of you fools want to test me, go ahead ;D

anyway, i really think the new eeveelution is first a normal type, second a new type, and maaaybe third a flying type. but i'm hoping for new type. but the only feasible types would be a "Fae" type and a "Sonic" type. I cant think of any other types they'd introduce that arent covered by the other types. "Light" would probably be mixed in with my suggested "Fae" business.

lolz to the people who still think Sylveon is a dragon type. wtf.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2013, 10:50:34 PM »
Flying is just as unlikely if you ask me. Eevee evolutions are always monotyped, and they only make monotyped flying pokemon if they're supposed to never actually land. My money's on normal or a new type entirely.

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2013, 01:57:05 AM »
I cant think of any other types they'd introduce that arent covered by the other types. "Light" would probably be mixed in with my suggested "Fae" business.
Don't count this as fact, but it could be possible that if Light typing is introduced, Fairy egg group monsters could be retconned into it (much like how Magnemite inherited Steel when it was introed in GSC).

Also in second generation, one of the Eeveelutions ended up being the new type (Umbreon for Dark).

But that's just a thought.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2013, 06:43:05 AM »
Flying is just as unlikely if you ask me. Eevee evolutions are always monotyped, and they only make monotyped flying pokemon if they're supposed to never actually land. My money's on normal or a new type entirely.

I believe there's only one pure flying type thus far and it has a form with legs that stands on the ground.  Or, to phrase it in hip internet lingo: Tornadus says hi ;)

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2013, 07:41:37 AM »
I believe there's only one pure flying type thus far and it has a form with legs that stands on the ground.  Or, to phrase it in hip internet lingo: Tornadus says hi ;)
To be fair, Tornadus' therian form is still a bird (since that cycle['s design] seems to be based on the Phoenix, Dragon and Tiger aspect from eastern myth).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:47:22 AM by Epelesker »

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2013, 08:54:28 AM »

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2013, 08:46:25 PM »
ooohhhh meloetta. i've been curious to train 'er. thanks for the info!

and goooosh i hope the Corocoro and leaks give us something good this month.

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2013, 04:35:28 AM »
incase y'all havent heard, the new pokemon revealed today is either an alt forme to Mewtwo OR a NewMew of some sort.

check it out on the pokemon xy website :D

god i hope its not just a forme but it's own poke.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2013, 05:03:55 AM »
Yeah, it looks like Frieza merged with a Twilek...  with a spoiler on its head to indicate that it is both fast and furious.