Author Topic: A little clarification requested...  (Read 2846 times)

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
A little clarification requested...
« on: January 03, 2013, 09:27:17 PM »
I recently visited the Seg's irc chat, and I think I finally have it figured out all the separate projects being worked on.

As clarified by a previous topic, there are the two new "Spiritual Successors" to Cox, and that's the Heroes and Villains project, and the Titan City project (Also know as Plan Z: The phoenix project)

After finding the Segs IRC chat, I discovered that Segs is different from another group that is working on a way to create a server for the current build of City of Heroes (I24 beta, and I23), while Seg's itself is working on something similar, but for an issue 2 of city of heroes.

Can I get a little clarification?

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: A little clarification requested...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:16:08 AM »
If I understand your question correctly, this thread should give you a lot of what you're looking for.

Very briefly, there are two "Plan Z" projects: the Phoenix Project and Heroes and Villains. Both are efforts to develop a new MMO to serve as a spiritual successor (but using none of the IP that belongs to NCSoft) to CoH/V.

There is an additional project of which I know next to nothing reverse-engineering the server; I don't know what the final gameplay goal of it is, but I know they're being very careful to violate any copyright laws.

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 02:12:24 AM »
Yeah, saw that thread, but I guess I was asking for more clarification about the Segs, and the reverse engineering.

Edit: I found information regarding segs, and their IRC, but is there any official thread for the reverse engineering? Or is it being done privately?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 02:14:30 AM »
SEGS is not a Plan Z project, so you'll have to ask the coder about it. Titan Network and both Plan Zs have nothing to do with it.

There is nothing public for Titan's reverse engineering project. If you want to assist, PM Codewalker. If you just want to look, you'll have to wait like the rest of us.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »
Ok, that sums thing's up!

Thanks!