Author Topic: Some lore help.  (Read 978 times)

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
Some lore help.
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:01:12 PM »
So I have something I'm working on and I'm trying to gather certain lore pieces.

What was the usage of the Malleus Mundi? What could it do and why was it so coveted?

How powerful was/is Rularuu?

Who are/were the confirmed gods & goddesses in City of Heroes? Did we have touches of all sorts of mythologies or were some not shown and so forth?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Some lore help.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:50:10 PM »
What was the usage of the Malleus Mundi? What could it do and why was it so coveted?
It had most (all?) of the most powerful spells in the world recorded in it. It could bind gods, destroy the world or remake it in the user's preference. It has been recovered and lost so many times that some people think it may be 'sentient' (of a sort), and causing the chaos surrounding it is a way of continuing its existence.

How powerful was/is Rularuu?
Basically a god - he can create worlds, and destroy them.

Who are/were the confirmed gods & goddesses in City of Heroes? Did we have touches of all sorts of mythologies or were some not shown and so forth?
The devs pulled deities from numerous faiths, and warped some of them to their own designs.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Some lore help.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Mot, Zeus, Prometheus and Tartarus were confirmed (the latter two are technically Titans, but w/e)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.