Author Topic: Stephanie Brown  (Read 2394 times)

pewlagon

• Boss
Stephanie Brown
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:19:34 AM »
Wow, just read that the higherups at DC have expressly forbidden the use of the character in the new continuity. Anyone have any reasoning behind this? Maybe her stint as Batgirl did happen and they haven't revealed what happened? I doubt it because the comments seem to indicate the higherups want to distance the company from the character. I just can't figure out why.

fdbryant3

• Minion
Re: Stephanie Brown
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:55:51 AM »
It beats me, as far as I can tell Stephanie has been a fan favorite in every role they put her in - yet they keep yanking her off the board till fan pressure forces her back in.

drowdruchii

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »
My guess is they are worried about the Batgirl confusion. Its a bizarre line of reasoning.. we can have four robins running around..  but not more than one Batgirl. I really like Barbara, okay not 100% they should have ret-conned Oracle, but she has been cool in her Batgirl run in the DCNU. However where the hell is Stephaine and Cassandra.

Cassandra has been relabled as Black Bat (not sure of that name tbh) but no sign as yet, and like you said Steph is in the wilderness. DC has some damn fuzzy logic sometimes though, look at the whole Gail Simone thing during December for a perfect example.
We are dancing in the dark.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »
I actually liked Cass' run as Batgirl, though the first issues - where she's unable to speak - have been more interesting. It's a pity they dropped the idea so soon into the run.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:11:07 PM »
I have a bad feeling that the platters don't contain Alfred, but Stephanie Brown. Hopefully, since I'm relying heavily on others for spoilers, I'm wrong.