Author Topic: A short story idea ;)  (Read 1321 times)

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
A short story idea ;)
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:09:09 AM »
O.k., this little vignette popped into my head last night while watching the various New Year's Eve specials on TV; it's another comedic look at the mis-adventures of my Scrapper, CapeMike, and I was hoping that we could make a little game out of this, as a way to remember our characters!

Basically, you can add to the story, telling about what your own characters(Heroes, Villains, or otherwise) would be doing on New Year's Eve...the only catch is that your part of the story has to make a reference to the previous part in some form or fashion, much like an add-your-own-chapter story....  :)
====================================

"O.k., CapeMike," Tigerbaby said, as the pair were sitting on the steps to City Hall, watching the various celebrations and fireworks in progress; "the bit on the Freakshow with the 13 frogs and 27 gallons of Tang was nothing short of -brilliant-...but was it ALSO necessary to then shove the heads of those Mooks into the speakers of that Noise Tank?!"

CapeMike smirked; "Yes.  Totally."

"...ooooooook," TB said awkwardly; "So now that things look under control here, what about we go to Pocket D, and-"

The conversation was interrupted as a pair of Longbow Officers approached....

CM didn't seem to wince, but appeared to be -expecting- them;  "Something I can help you 2 with?  Time to save the world again?"

The male officer did not seem impressed; "Care to explain what was going on in Peregrine Island earlier this evening?"

Tigerbaby began to sweatdrop as CapeMike continued to look nonchalant about things....

"What're you talking about?"

"The Malta."

CapeMike made a show of pondering the inquiry, then nodded sagely; "Ah yes, that...; I happened across some Malta making a run for Portal Court, so I engaged them, just like any other Hero would've done."

"We're hearing reports you made a right MESS out of things."

"Lies." CM replied, raising an eyebrow in mock curiosity.

"...that you seem to've destroyed several sections of fencing to tie up at least 2 Sappers."

"More lies."

"...that you, and this part is admittedly impressive, single-handedly took down a Zeus Titan and a pair of Hercs in the process."

CapeMike stretched as he stood up, gently popping his knuckles, and replied again, "The part about the Titans, true, the rest of all that, shameless lies."

The female Longbow produced an iPad and brought up a full-screen video player; "We have footage."

"Crap."  The Scrapper's face was developing an even larger sweatdrop behind it than the one Tigerbaby had on his.

TB then leaned in towards the Longbow; "I just know I'm gonna regret this, but can I see?"

"I don't see why not," the female Longbow said; "Portal Corp. has already said to let it drop, since he DID prevent the Malta forces from getting into their property...but I'm pretty sure this is gonna catch up with him at some point...."

The video footage played from the point where CapeMike was literally running rings around the Zeus Titan as both Hercs lay broken and smouldering on the ground nearby, preventing the mechanized threat from obtaining a clean lock-on, while he laid into it with kicks and strikes from nearly everywhere in a blur of superspeed.

"CapeMike?"

"Yeah, TB?"

"You...appear to have hacked into the Zeus' control system...."

"...and?"

"...it's clearly beaten...and you're on it's shoulder, making it dance Gangnam Style."

The male Longbow was now -also- watching, not having seen the footage yet, as CapeMike casually said, "Hey, I'm making it do my victory dance FOR ME!"

"You're nuts, you know that, CapeMike?"

"You kick-ass your way, TB, and I kick it -MY- way!" The Scrapper laughed; "besides, to the victor, go the spoils, and all-"

"Is he making that Zeus TEABAG that Herc?!?!"  The male Longbow fairly shouted in a mix of dismay, awe, and bemused surprise.  This got TB's attention, who whipped his head back to the video showing exactly that happening while CM's voice in the video could just be heard over the din, saying, '-deze nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts!'

Several other Heroes by this point, whom had come over to see what was going on and had seen the video footage, along with TB and both Longbow, all turned their heads towards CapeMike, who -continued- to look almost too casual about the whole affair....

"...do it with style...or don't bother DOING it."  He said, raising a hand up; "Can I get a high-five from somebody??  Woooooooooooo!"
========================================

To be continued?  :D

Also, a reference pic if anyone would care to see, from my Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151186090731795&set=pb.547426794.-2207520000.1357085062&type=3&theater

æhæd

• Underling
  • Oh! Really?
Re: A short story idea ;)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:21:23 AM »
Awesome WritingStyle. Thanks, a great start to my morning over here.

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 01:37:19 AM »

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:06:05 AM »
CapeMike stretched as he stood up, gently popping his knuckles, and replied again, "The part about the Titans, true, the rest of all that, shameless lies."

The female Longbow produced an iPad and brought up a full-screen video player; "We have footage."

"Crap."

LOLd.

Also, am I the only one who now has an insatiable desire to see a Zeus Titan do the Gangnam Style dance?

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »
"My gourd what was in that milk Moo Jooz gave us last night?" moaned Spike the Guppy. He was holding his head and trying to keep to the quiet end of the ponds in Eden. A pub crawl that started in Atlas and ended up in Peregrine Island singing and dancing with a Zeus Titan in Portal Corps was all a blur.

Suddenly a huge splash and the water was diluted with milk as Moo Jooz who seemed completely unaffected by the amount of adult beverages slammed just a few hours before dived into the pond. "Have you no respect for the dead?" Spike weakly protested as the waves spun him around and lifted him up and down.

"Superior Kinetics." pronounced Moo Jooz. "I have a fast metabolism. Here take a shot!" Moo hit the decidedly green around the gills guppy with both Speed Boost and Inertial Reduction.

"You are a sick twisted and evil cow you know? Now not only am I hung over and tossed by the seas of of your milk , I am like a rabid flying squirrel  as well."

"Huh, I guess that whole drinks like a fish thing is a poor sterotype." the cow snarked back.

"Yeah, well once I can feel my tail again I am heading to Wendy's for a doublecheese burger and shake and will ask your mom how's she's doing between bites." Spike needled back.

"Hey worm breath, what did you say to that Titan in PI before we left?" Moo asked.

Starting to pale even more the fish stuck his robotic hand in his pocket and recoiled in fright when he felt a piece of paper crinkle as a rum soaked memory returned, "Uh nothing I was just asking her where she got her tune up's at."

"That was a girl?" Moo Jooz slowly shook his horns, "Who knew?"

Spike was finally starting to feel better and was thinking about the phone number in his pocket, he suddenly shook his head and mumbled out loud, "But she sure could dance.........."     

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 09:26:36 PM »
-snip-   

Bwhahaha!  I shoulda thought of something like that...of course, as my Scrapper doesn't actually drink alcohol....  :D

*thumbs up*