Author Topic: Recommendation: Freedom Force Sale on Steam  (Read 2339 times)

therain93

• Elite Boss
Recommendation: Freedom Force Sale on Steam
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:28:44 PM »
For those who haven't had the pleasure, I would like to recommend to you Freedom Force.  It's a real-time (with pause capability) superhero strategy game with tremendous power customization and, if you can find it (or make your own), skin customization to create a myriad of unique and popular characters. Marvel and DC flipped out when players began making skins for popular characters, with lots of C&D letters going to webhosts.  The missions are fun and the environment is interactive...meaning you can use objects as weapons and destroy things...including buildings...

Anyway, it's on sale at steam for $2.50 and the pack, which includes the sequel, is available for $3.74.  While most people are shy about blind buys, I don't think anyone here will be disappointed with a $3.74 investment, so go buy it ( ' :

Freedom Force: http://store.steampowered.com/app/8880/

@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Valjean

• Lieutenant
Re: Recommendation: Freedom Force Sale on Steam
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:16:43 PM »
Wow, that brings back some great memories. I loved the first game, and the incredible customization it offered. In fact, COH was the reason I stopped playing FF.

I wish they'd do a third game for he franchise, but its been so long.....

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: Recommendation: Freedom Force Sale on Steam
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 08:35:31 PM »
I have both games on CD. CoH was my reason for stopping, as well. CoH was what I had wished FF was. Now, I may go back and try to install it on my Win7 machine. I have been playing the original X-Com and CivII on an old laptop that I keep Win95 on, so I can probably run it on that, too. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."