Author Topic: Pictures and videos for the Google push  (Read 5602 times)

kalynnda13

• Minion
Pictures and videos for the Google push
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »
I've been playing with demo playback to keep me sane. With the upcoming push to get Google interested, I thought of some images/short videos I'm going to try to create. I'm posting them here to hopefully spark ideas in others, and to get input from the wonderful talented people here. I want to show how Google could advertise in the game without it being intrusive to the players.

First idea was to have a hero doing something (maybe running/flying by, maybe the end of fighting some thugs) and she "overhears" two NPCs talking about the latest app for Android and the web address to get it from. Another "chat" idea is to have two heroes chatting about using the off-line market app (or tailor, or character planner).

Second idea is to have a Google-related billboard shown. I have two ideas with this...I don't know if I'll have time to do both. One is to have several heroes hanging out on top of the sign - sitting, dancing, etc.  The second idea is a hero fly-by that includes the billboard.

I think I can muddle my way through these videos, with the help of the demo recording forum. But I hope that I've inspired others to use this time to get videos/screenshots ready to dazzle Google.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Pictures and videos for the Google push
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 11:22:12 PM »
First idea was to have a hero doing something (maybe running/flying by, maybe the end of fighting some thugs) and she "overhears" two NPCs talking about the latest app for Android and the web address to get it from. Another "chat" idea is to have two heroes chatting about using the off-line market app (or tailor, or character planner).

Take a play from Rooster Teeth's book: the RvB PSA. That would be pretty fun.

Septipheran

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »
Not sure if it's what you had in mind, but one of my videos has gained really unexpected traction on the internet. It was even playing nonstop during Positron's recent interview. Feel free to use it for any purpose related to saving the game if it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNaLitjgJs

Quinch

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:18:01 AM »
I don't know how useful it would be, but I've been gradually chugging this out.

LydiaFrost

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 01:34:40 PM »
I dunno if any of the stuff I CURRENTLY have up would be of any use.

However, in the event it is, I give full permission to use whatever's needed.

http://www.youtube.com/PhotonHerald

Also, anything on http://www.cox-supergroups.com or http://www.tankertuesday.com are yours for the taking.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:33:29 AM by Hyperstrike »

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 01:30:36 AM »
Does Germany block all game videos, or is it just the music that usually causes trouble?

It takes a little extra effort when it comes to music, because you have to go looking for a song you love instead of just picking one from memory, but give the independent royalty-free scene a try. There's great songs out there that you can buy a one-time license of for under $50. We've even got one in our midst that I'm aware of: Electric-Knight (http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/). When there's a video you really want to protect from deletion by any potential copyright hounds, it's a solution that is both safe and cheap. And you're supporting independent composers while doing it.

LydiaFrost

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 08:04:40 PM »

Yes its just the music. I cant view any video with the gangang music for example.

Its a legal issue between google and GEMA here in Germany, and to get the Users to their side, Google restricts Videos with Music from certain labels.
That wasnt called for, from our GEMA, but is a restriction done by google.

My Anger here is wholly dircted at Google, and I apologize for making that angry post. It wasnt directed at any of you here.

According to other Euro Countries(France) where Google has made a deal with their version of the GEMA, the usual pay is 2.5% is of the mony Google takes to place an advertisment there. That means for every Euro Google makes with the Content, the actual Content provider gets 2.5 Cents.
If the Music Industry would be satisfied with 2.5 Cent per Play of an song, it would be more expensive to operate a pirated Music network, than to actually buy it in original.

No wonder Google makes so much money, if everyone else works that cheap.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »
How about a plane that flies through the sky over Atlast (or any part of either city for that matter) pulling a banner with an advertisement on it.

Or, a TV screen in Pocket D that you can click on to watch advertisements and doing so earns you a few Paragon Points.

Just my $0.02.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 02:59:57 AM »
Yes its just the music. I cant view any video with the gangang music for example.

Its a legal issue between google and GEMA here in Germany, and to get the Users to their side, Google restricts Videos with Music from certain labels.
That wasnt called for, from our GEMA, but is a restriction done by google.

My Anger here is wholly dircted at Google, and I apologize for making that angry post. It wasnt directed at any of you here.

Just out of curiosity now, tell me if these work for you. http://cohtube.blogspot.com/search/label/JakinIrali?&max-results=9

If they do, great, because I was really trying to avoid any issues with Germany. So if anyone here is looking to make vids for Google, just tell me when you go looking for songs and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

LydiaFrost

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »
City of Heroes remains didnt work, but not with the GEMA Message. It just simply states that its not available in my country.

The other videos work though

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 07:14:25 AM »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.