Author Topic: Dishonored... I may not be able to play it for a while...  (Read 1636 times)

Canine

• Lieutenant
Dishonored... I may not be able to play it for a while...
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:32:58 PM »
I picked it up on Steam a few days back, since I'd heard good things about it and it was on sale.

Also, I've played and enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Dishonored looked like a steampunk flavoured variation on the gameplay of DE:HR/Thief, so should be entertaining.

And it was, for the first few missions.

Then I got hold of the Blink power....

Now I can't play the damn game for one very simple reason.

This :

That's Tufa.  My Stone/Fire scranker, and one of the toons I played and enjoyed the hell out of most.  He teleported.  Lots.  And I got pretty damn good at using TP, if I do say so myself.  (and yes, he had more of a backstory than that, but it's all in the back of my brain somewhere.  I liked short, pithy bio's in game :) )

He was Granite mode purely as a panic button, and spent the rest of the time in normal stone armours (and was still absurdly hard to kill).  He was one of two toons I had with a full IO build, and one of three I'd bothered to take to T4 Incarnate everything since he acquired so much itrial loot that I had to use it on something....

I tanked everything on him, itrials, all the 'Master Of' trials (including MoMag), TF's, the lot.  (to me, being a scranker didn't mean losing the ability to tank in a trade off for damage)

He also spent a LOT of time giving Vanessa DeVore a headache, since he was 99% immune to carnies.  (Translation: I used to farm Carnies on the 'Go to the Psychic plane' mission, as payback for the pain and suffering they caused my other alts)

However, all that playtime and enjoyment on Tufa using teleport constantly means that I can't Blink in Dishonored without a twinge in the back of my brain.

So I guess I get to put Dishonored away for a while and try again later :(