Author Topic: ArenaNet  (Read 2167 times)

Teege

• Boss
ArenaNet
« on: December 30, 2012, 05:59:58 AM »
After reading the Dev Tracker on the GW2 forums (and getting an infraction for posting on a topic that was apparently already started) it just makes me realize how good we had it with the Paragon Studio developers. Some of those A.net folks are bumholes. (changed from what you'd expect it to be.)
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Ceremonius

• Lieutenant
  • Here we are now! Entertain us! ~Nirvana
Re: ArenaNet
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
After reading the Dev Tracker on the GW2 forums (and getting an infraction for posting on a topic that was apparently already started) it just makes me realize how good we had it with the Paragon Studio developers. Some of those A.net folks are bumholes. (changed from what you'd expect it to be.)

That's pretty common. It is called individuals ;). Some you may like, some not.
But getting an infraction for a post? Well guess whatever you wrote was either against the rules or on distaste of a mod.
Normaly you will just get the hint that your point or behaviour doesn't suit the netiquette. A direct infraction might mean the Mod was already overworked, had a bad day or something like that.

In every cases you still have to remember that the mod is also just a human beeing, but he/she should stay professional regarding such topics.
And I don't know how NCS or ArenaNet handels the topic moderation itself. Okay, NCS has their own people for such thing, but simple forum moderation is normaly outsourced to different companies (money saving).

No Guts, No Glory! No Pain, No Gain!
One for all, all for one; Riders on the range!
No Guts, No Glory! We're taking a stand!
Ready to prove it again!
~Galaxy Rangers

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 01:58:41 AM »
Maybe it's deeper than that. The Paragon folks are the ones whom I've had the privilege of observing "in the wild" (tho, not in their "natural environments"  ;) ), but what little I have seen and heard of other studios' devs has shown a major difference in mindset. The Paragon folks are fans, where the other folks are employees.

Even that doesn't really articulate it, but you get the idea. True, any group is comprised of individuals, but there was still something special about how those individuals combined to form Paragon.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Peregrine Falcon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:21:04 AM »
Interestingly enough I've had just the opposite experience.

I posted a lot on the City of Heroes forums and received numerous infractions over the years. Admittedly though most of those infractions came from Ex Libris. I've had zero problems on the Guild Wars 2 forums.

Is it possible that the ArenaNet people weren't the ones being jerks?
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 04:44:22 PM »
OK I just poked my head there but I don't get exactly what happened... did they do a mass crackdown on anyone that was even suspected of ever doing real money trading?
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

I'm signing off and taking a break, blindly hope things change.