Author Topic: Past Tense?  (Read 3500 times)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Past Tense?
« on: December 27, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »
I'm wondering if we should make sure some articles are standardized to past tense now. I'm thinking about articles that deal with meta-timeline aspects of the game rather than articles about actual game systems. For example this would affect articles such as Disc Releases, Issues, Patch Notes, and overviews for individual issues, rather than articles such as Battle Terminal, Giant Monster, and Enhancements.

Thoughts? Comments?

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
Re: Past Tense?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 02:22:27 AM »
Fixing the tenses on the real world stuff sounds like a good idea. The Disc release article, in particular, seems to have Going Rogue written in the future tense. Speaking of disc releases, I just got a sealed copy of the European COH:Deluxe, as well as a used European Good vs. Evil. Hopefully we can lay to rest the issue of when the former was released (since the box gives copyright of 2004, talks about 2004 Billboard Digital Entertainment Awards, and "Plus all current expansions for City of Heroes: Issue 1, Issue 2, Issue 3".  That fits with a February '05 release, because February '06 would be already up to Issue 6 and post COV. Heck, the European Good vs. Evil Combined Edition gives a copyright date of 2004-2006. I suppose I should also toss in my COH preorder disc and get an overview of those contents (trailer, concept art, maybe the Dark Horse comic, if I recall correctly).

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Past Tense?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:14:39 PM »
Makes sense to me. :)