Author Topic: Free Superhero Series Podcast (CoH Inspired) by Mercedes Lackey and Company  (Read 1924 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
The Secret World Chronicle is a braided novel series set firmly in the realm of superhero science fiction. Written by authors Mercedes Lackey, Dennis Lee, Cody Martin, and Veronica Giguere, the Secret World Chronicle carries a diverse cast of characters in their quest to save the world from the threat of the Thulians.

Starts here with season one http://secretworldchronicle.com/podcast/book-one-invasion/ and we are currently in our 6th season, plus Tales of the Secret World War (WWII).

Emerging mysteriously during World War II, metahumans became icons of the best - and worst - humanity had to offer. Yet sixty years later, the world still suffers from war, greed and madness. Worse, man's nadir of systematic cruelty returns with bizarre new weapons. The metahumans of Earth must find a way to defeat this powerful foe and discover what lurks behind the scenes - a secret world hidden from our own. Mercedes Lackey, one of fantasy's most beloved voices, and new talent Steve Libbey bring you a podcast series that catapults the classic superhero into the 21st century.

Book One: Invasion starts the series off with a bang - a set of coordinated attacks by Nazi warriors in futuristic battle armor. We meet our cast of heroes in the midst of chaos: Belladonna Blue, a young azure-skinned healer; Victoria Victrix Nagy, a geomancer fighting panic attacks; Handsome Devil, whose luck is metahumanly good; Red Saviour, strident leader of an anachronistic Soviet team; Red Djinni, the shapeshifting criminal; and John Murdock, a fugitive super-soldier. Watching over them all is the Seraphym, descended from the Infinite to protect humanity.

As the heroes fend off the blitzkrieg attack, they are left wondering what secrets have erupted from this hidden world, and whether, once unleashed, they can be contained. For there are clues that all is not what it seems...

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Thank you and your colleagues for these.  Admittedly I am just getting started but thus far my favorite is "Fear and Loathing in Lost Wages" tho I certainly enjoyed "The Luck of the Devil" -- these take me back to my youth when on Sunday evenings the radio station would broadcast "The Shadow", "Fibber McGee and Molly" and other classic radio plays.  Thanks for the fun and for keeping this art form going!   8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine