Author Topic: Lore Question, maybe it was answered already?  (Read 5159 times)

SKEWLINES

• Underling
  • Jack-In-Irons
Lore Question, maybe it was answered already?
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:01:16 PM »
The ski chalet, and I guess Pocket D itself since they were so linked you could see one from the other and vice-versa, who created them? We're they linked to Portal Corp in any way?

I guess the way I am asking this is confusing. Let me begin again.

DJ Zero stood(hovered) in the middle of Pocket D for its entire existence. Was he the creator of Pocket D and eventually the ski chalet? I just assumed he was a party animal. Did he have superpowers as well?

I guess I am wondering more about DJ Zeros back story, and if we are to assume he built all that, or that he just assumed control over it via having a friend in Portal Corp(maybe he used to work there) or perhaps it was also a Nemesis plot :roll: in some way to give heroes and villains a diversion.

The reason I suggest Portal Corp is that it is also linked to the Shadow Shard, and since Pocket D and the ski chalet were in the Shadow Shard, I made that connection.

Does this even make sense?
-Phrendon Largo
founder of A.G.O.N.Y. on Victory Server

Venture

• Underling
    • Cretaceous comments
Re: Lore Question, maybe it was answered already?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
It was said that Pocket D (et al) were created by DJ Zero.  His /info said he had the power to create pocket dimensions.

Manticore said in the Canon Fodder thread that the D was not in the Shadow Shard.  Personally I think this fails the duck test but YMMV.
Dennis F. Heffernan   Formerly @Venture
Blog: Cretaceous Comments

SKEWLINES

• Underling
  • Jack-In-Irons
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 06:13:01 PM »
Well then am I to assume the zone where the Ouroboros ship was floating in was not the Shadow Shard either?
-Phrendon Largo
founder of A.G.O.N.Y. on Victory Server

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »
Where physically Ouroboros is, is up for debate. When it is, is another story as I believe Silos describes it as being a point in his past, while it's far, far in our future.
Woo! - Argent Girl

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 08:36:31 PM »
How can it be in Mender Silos past and our far far future if Mender Silos is indeed Lord Nemesis?

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 09:38:39 PM »
Mender Silos lived a long time... Nemesis finding various ways to prolong his life and all that. The Eternal Nemesis and Horror of War arcs come to mind (granted, he failed in the latter (probably, you never know with Nemesis...  :P ) and faked his death in the former).

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 10:26:58 PM »
How can it be in Mender Silos past and our far far future if Mender Silos is indeed Lord Nemesis?

He's over a million years old - even if Ouroboros is 200,000 years in the future to us, it's still 800,000 years in the past for Mender Silos.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 11:36:52 PM »
It was said that Pocket D (et al) were created by DJ Zero.  His /info said he had the power to create pocket dimensions.

Manticore said in the Canon Fodder thread that the D was not in the Shadow Shard.  Personally I think this fails the duck test but YMMV.

^^ Yah I'm pretty sure that DJ Zero stuck that pocket dimension INTO the Shard, because... yeah. It definitely looks, waddles, and quacks like a Shadow Shard shaped duck.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 11:50:40 PM »
As the Shadow Shard, Pocket D and Ouroboros all have asimilar look, it's possible that in the CoHverse, that's just how mini/pocket/created dimensions look.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 02:07:55 AM »
Given how easily Portal-corp style portals opened into Pocket D's sub-pockets I would think it's a broad range of locations that are similar enough to be right next to one another.

Right along side Xen, because that's pretty clearly nearby too ;)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 03:43:25 AM »
Original Design Documents & Lore Bible gives links that include a lore document about Rularuu. That document explains how the cosmology/multiverse of City of Heroes works and specifically explains how the Shadow Shard came to be. It doesn't directly answer how Pocket D or Ouroboros came to be, but the background information is applicable.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 09:34:37 AM »
Re: DJ Zero-

It wasn't explicitly stated that I recall, but it was pretty heavily implied during some story arc that he was, in fact, the Greek god Eros. (I believe it was during one of the Valentine's Day arcs). I want to say that the same storyline alluded to Incarnate powers and/or the Well as well, but it's a bit hazy. Someone else here probably has a better recollection.

Venture

• Underling
    • Cretaceous comments
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »
Honestly I try to forget most of the Incarnate lore. :-P
Dennis F. Heffernan   Formerly @Venture
Blog: Cretaceous Comments

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 10:24:37 PM »
Re: DJ Zero-

It wasn't explicitly stated that I recall, but it was pretty heavily implied during some story arc that he was, in fact, the Greek god Eros. (I believe it was during one of the Valentine's Day arcs). I want to say that the same storyline alluded to Incarnate powers and/or the Well as well, but it's a bit hazy. Someone else here probably has a better recollection.

So... DJ Zero was Partying Incarnate?
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

I'm signing off and taking a break, blindly hope things change.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 11:16:53 PM »
So... DJ Zero was Partying Incarnate?
No. He was the Well of the Parties.
Yeeessss....

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 06:03:02 AM »
He definitely spiked the punch.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »
No. He was the Well of the Parties.
At first I read that as "Well of the Panties". Mentaaal imaaage.  :o
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 05:33:48 PM »
At first I read that as "Well of the Panties". Mentaaal imaaage.  :o

LOL....is this what you are picturing?

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 09:48:38 PM »
A bit more like a fountain-shaped explosion of underwear.  :gonk:
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 12:42:06 AM »
LOLOL...if he'd said Fountain of the Furies, I'd have probably done that!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.