Author Topic: Blue Christmas  (Read 9272 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Blue Christmas
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 09:21:33 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Merry Christmas....May NCsoft find coal in their stockings  :o

Coal, hell -- I would be overjoyed to have everyone involved with the decision to shutter the game to find a "You're fired. To spare you the shame of having to come in to clean out your office, we're doing it for you" notice.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »
Angelus Aminim made this wonderful video that's been posted to other threads, but I thought I'd include it here also:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSkUAqCR6aA

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Surelle

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »

Haha, yeah, this exactly.

And I hope everybody has had a merry holiday, at least the family and friends part anyway.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 10:55:38 PM »
Angelus Aminim made this wonderful video that's been posted to other threads, but I thought I'd include it here also:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSkUAqCR6aA

I think Angelus and I were feeling more or less the same thing. At least when it comes to the final scene in that video. Can't imagine how long it took to make. Blue Christmas indeed... It's not quite Christmas without the CoH holiday stuff.  :'(

Christmas Wish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3S-3LObdyM

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »
Coal in their stockings? I'd settle for NCSoft waking up to a few actual indictments, but we villains are mean like that anyways.  8)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »
Coal in their stockings? I'd settle for NCSoft waking up to a few actual indictments, but we villains are mean like that anyways.  8)

To heck with coal.

Give this guy a call, he used to take care of the naughty ones before coal took over. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus He doesn't get around much anymore and I'm sure he'd love the exercise.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »

I think Angelus and I were feeling more or less the same thing. At least when it comes to the final scene in that video. Can't imagine how long it took to make. Blue Christmas indeed... It's not quite Christmas without the CoH holiday stuff.  :'(

These videos made me cry... Damn it! I hate crying! I'm just glad there are people out there that miss CoX as much as I do. Now, if you all will excuse me, I'm going to go cry at those videos some more.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »
I'd like to remind everyone that this is also Hannukah.

Hannukah started on the 8th.

(Er, not that the sentiment isn't appreciated)

Here's to spending next Christmas (and Hannukah) in the Twin Cities of Paragon and the Rogue Islands.

Quinch

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 02:10:43 AM »

Hopefully of the green glowing kind.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 02:14:57 AM »
Happy celebration of your choosing. Be safe.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 02:31:35 AM »
Right this moment we would have been teaming with my father in law, and either roping in my Pinn or Virtue friends, or plowing our way through missions as a threesome like a John Deere going through wheat.  90% of the reason I was a good fender-player was my father-in-law, who, because of his tendency to play his blaster as if he was supremely confident I would be able to keep him standing no matter what insane thing he did, forced me to learn how to keep him standing, no matter what insane thing he did.

So here we are tonight, me alone in my office, Larry alone in his studio...IMing once in a while.  Knowing Poppa is all alone in his office, maybe poking at Civ and wishing so hard we could all be "together."

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 04:26:11 AM »

Beautiful.  Man.  I actually gasped when the torch bearers on City Hall disappeared in a "Oh no!" moment...

*claps loudly, and wipes his eyes, 'cause, y'know, freakin' dust, man.*

ahmpizzedoff

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 04:44:35 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone.
It is sad to not be "in game" with those friends I've made over the past 7 years of play, but maybe by this time next year we"ll all be very lucky and seeing each other again as Heroes when CoH returns. BE POSITIVE and it'll happen.
Keeper of the toons from the SG, Sugar Coated Suicide, Freedom
Older'n Dirt and proud of it!

tymothymichel

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 07:10:16 AM »
Ditto. You guys said it all.
Don't let stress kill you, let me help.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »
"90% of the reason I was a good fender-player was my father-in-law, because of his tendency to play his blaster as if he was supremely confident I would be able to keep him standing no matter what insane thing he did."

Lunatic players like that are what made the game fun. I spent my blueside days as a sword-swinging scrapper, desperately throwing herself between certain death, and a reckless blaster and his timid ice\emp. When redside came in, a hair-raising dom/stalk combo had us just on the verge of death every second.

Good times.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »
"90% of the reason I was a good fender-player was my father-in-law, because of his tendency to play his blaster as if he was supremely confident I would be able to keep him standing no matter what insane thing he did."

Lunatic players like that are what made the game fun. I spent my blueside days as a sword-swinging scrapper, desperately throwing herself between certain death, and a reckless blaster and his timid ice\emp. When redside came in, a hair-raising dom/stalk combo had us just on the verge of death every second.

Good times.

That was the thing about CoH, there was lots of exciting almost death moments, but most of the time you were going to survive by the skin of your teeth. I find in CO if I play like that on a squishy, most of the time I die and it isn't as fun. I like the game a lot, but I miss my CoH.

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »
Right this moment we would have been teaming with my father in law, and either roping in my Pinn or Virtue friends, or plowing our way through missions as a threesome like a John Deere going through wheat.  90% of the reason I was a good fender-player was my father-in-law, who, because of his tendency to play his blaster as if he was supremely confident I would be able to keep him standing no matter what insane thing he did, forced me to learn how to keep him standing, no matter what insane thing he did.

So here we are tonight, me alone in my office, Larry alone in his studio...IMing once in a while.  Knowing Poppa is all alone in his office, maybe poking at Civ and wishing so hard we could all be "together."

I wish someone working at a well known magazine would collect a few stories like this and compiled it into an essay about the hidden value these games hold and the true emotional impact a closure of a long running online title has on its players.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »
Here's to spending next Christmas (and Hannukah) in the Twin Cities of Paragon and the Rogue Islands.
Amen! Looking forward to next years winter event!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Heroes of Infinity

Lydiastar

• Minion
  • @Syntaxically on twitter
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »
I feel ya. It's just not Christmas without glowy presents on the sidewalks and tops of buildings. I need a good Snow Beast fight or a creepy midget Baby New Year mission!

This. is 100,000% the way I feel.