Author Topic: We need an Official Press Release concerning the NC Interactive Sale  (Read 2289 times)

Sajaana

• Boss
It seems to me with the big news concerning the NCSoft sale of NC Interactive, and the creation of a wholly owned subsidiary for North America and Europe, Titan Network or the Save CoH movement should draft an official press release.  We ought to for a few reasons:

1)  This is something that would go a long way in establishing our legitimacy.
2)  This would reiterate the notion that we are not going away, simply because November 30th passed.
3)  This is something that might inspire ideas on the part of NCSoft or this new subsidiary to work with CoH again.
4)  This would open up lines of communication between this group and other groups.
5)  It might persuade the press to ask their own questions.
6)  It might help the "Hail Mary" efforts.
7)  This will keep CoH and the CoH movement in the public consciousness.
8)  This will give us another avenue in which to access the press.

Now, I'm not so much a part of this movement that I could draft an "official" Save CoH response to the news of the NC Interactive sale.  But, for what it's worth, I think that something like this might be right:

"We in the CoH Movement are looking at this sale with great interest, as this may provide some avenue in which to re-open the best, most popular, and most successful super hero game franchise of all time."

Something even as simple as that, given to the press, would do a lot, I'd think.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Re: We need an Official Press Release concerning the NC Interactive Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »
Unforetunatley, I think we might be a little too late on this, to be honest.  It was announced on December 14, so we are already almost 10 days late.

Given the festive period, I'd suspect a lot of sites are down to a skeleton crew and automated feeds, and  by the time the holidays have passed and people are back at their desks, you'd probably be looking at January 2nd or 3rd.

If you've got some contacts to hit up, it might be worth a shot, but I think if a press release drops into my box 10 days after the event, I'd probably hit the delete button :-/
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »
We'll have a chance December 26, the day they are alledged to do the transaction.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 11:09:04 PM »
This is a good idea. Unfortunately I haven't got the chops to do it myself, but who better to do it than the faces of SaveCoH? Those being TonyV and VV, among a few others. Though I obviously can't offer their services, it depends on their own personal interests, and free time. This is the holidays after all.

Valjean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 11:18:12 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think there's any real value in this. A big reason is it's the holidays. Everyone's gone home, including the press. Heck even NCsoft is officially closed. I bet that's one of the reasons they picked that day, because there'd be very little attention on it.

That and, as much as NCsoft may wish it, they're really not big news in gaming right now. And the big news has already been announced, the reorg. The fact that it's definitely happening isn't going to be very press-worthy.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 06:16:03 AM »
Rae is the journalist on Team Wildcard, not I.  I defer to her judgement in all things press release.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »
We'll have a chance December 26, the day they are alledged to do the transaction.

Good point.

I'm certainly happy to copypaste it to a press release and send  if someone is happy to sign off the quote and say they said it. 

Need to be quick though. As much as I love you all, I'm afk December 25 and 26 doing the divorced family two-Christmases special, so it needs to be ready to go by about 4pm GMT tomorrow when I start on the mulled wine ;)

Then all I need to do is hit the 'send' button on Dec 26.

As people have warned, I don't hold out TOO much hope in it getting picked up, but you never know.  If people are desperate and have a spot to fill, it might come in handy.

Whoever suggested the date was a good date for news burying, I think you have it spot on :)
--
@Vandellia

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
I'll sign off on the quote.

Let me rephrase this.

"The SaveCityOfHeroes (#SaveCoH) movement is watching this carefully.  In light of NCSoft's recent statements, this might represent an opening to find our award-winning, innovative and unique game a new home."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:14:13 AM by Victoria Victrix »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 01:53:27 PM »

I thought it was happening on the 24th. Pretty positive actually, unless they've changed it since the release on the 14th.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
I'll take a look, before I send. Thanks VV and Lily.

Nice window, and well spotted,  OP :)

ETA: Yes, the sale is due to complete tomorrow, so I'll make sure it's sent out first thing tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:31:11 PM by Rae »
--
@Vandellia

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »
I'll sign off on the quote.

You seem the logical choice, especially since your interview with the Korean Times has been redistributed quite a bit.

I am also keeping my fingers crossed (and my toes, for good measure).