Author Topic: Looking for a support role...  (Read 2191 times)

McCreed

• Minion
Looking for a support role...
« on: December 19, 2012, 05:44:16 AM »
Can anyone offer suggestions to a die hard Defender who misses the support role that CoX used to offer?

Any sort of game where buffing and/or debuffing (as opposed to more traditional healing) is considered a desirable service from a teammate would be great.

I've looked fairly closely at CO and TSW, but found them both rather lacking in this regard.  I know that Star Trek Online has such a role in its Science officers, but I'm not crazy about the game in other respects.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cobra Man

• Boss
Re: Looking for a support role...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »
Can anyone offer suggestions to a die hard Defender who misses the support role that CoX used to offer?

Any sort of game where buffing and/or debuffing (as opposed to more traditional healing) is considered a desirable service from a teammate would be great.

I've looked fairly closely at CO and TSW, but found them both rather lacking in this regard.  I know that Star Trek Online has such a role in its Science officers, but I'm not crazy about the game in other respects.

True 'healers' in TSW are as common as rocking horse poop. If you were to make one, I'm pretty sure you would be in high demand.

Once I get my head around all the available powers, I'm going to take a look at making a character that specializes in heals and hinders.

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
Re: Looking for a support role...
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »

From other MMO's I've tried, probably a rogue bard in Rift is closest to buff/support role as well as some cleric builds, in fact, for the dungeon finder you need a team composed of tank, healer, dpsx2 and support char. Rift also features build diversity to an acceptable degree, granted it's not as huge as in CoH but way better than the usual "you must have this this and this otherwise you suck" found in other MMOs.-