Author Topic: Champions Toons Revealed  (Read 111229 times)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: Champions Toons Revealed
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2014, 02:00:35 AM »
The new Sci Fi Soldier costume set has some good patterns. I don't know if I like the ENTIRE thing, but parts of it work great!

New costume for Cyberman 8 -

And it also works really well to make a "Rinzler" style toon.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »
After that thread I made some time ago trying to find this Batman comic I read back in the 90s sometime, I actually felt inspired:

I've had this costume for a while, but the addition of those 90s Foxbat costume pieces (particularly the mask) really completed the look. I tried to go as overboard as possible with the belts, the muscles, the stubble (which you can't really see), and really try to capture that Kelley Jones art-style. Just need another two feet of height on the head piece, and half-a-mile worth of cape. ;D

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »
A few pages back I posted my Gipsy Danger homage, Dynamo Joe and later I posted one of Cherno Alpha that I designed.

Well here's some new screens, including one where I have attempted to do my best to tribute Striker Eureka.

Tribunus

• Minion
  • Pinnacle of Virtue
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2014, 08:31:41 PM »
Ok, the itch for a Super Hero MMO is too strong. After dithering around with all of them. I finally decided to sub to CO. Here's my main from Pinnacle, Isungr, the founder of the Paragon Mutant Society an Invul/Ice Tank.

Here is an illustration that a friend did for me for our V&V game. It might end up in the V&V CCG, if it ever gets published. :)

And here he is as a Glacier Tank in CO:

"It's not about where you were born. Or what powers you have. Or what you wear on your chest. It's about what you do....It's about saving others."
Tribunus to other Virtue heroes during the Cataclysm

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »
Ok, the itch for a Super Hero MMO is too strong. After dithering around with all of them. I finally decided to sub to CO. Here's my main from Pinnacle, Isungr, the founder of the Paragon Mutant Society an Invul/Ice Tank.

Here is an illustration that a friend did for me for our V&V game. It might end up in the V&V CCG, if it ever gets published. :)

That looks really close to the drawing. I like it.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2014, 11:15:36 PM »
Wha you're Gold and made an AT...?

If you don't want to choose your own powers yet you can still make a FF and make it just like The Glacier. That way, you don't have to choose your powers because you can copy them from The Glacier, and, you will have 2 extra powers because you chose to make a FF instead of an AT annnd when you get comfy with the game, you can retcon your powers around/out/in however you want.

Don't Goldies start with at least 1 FF slot?

Just a thought..

Otherwise, what Brou said, and, welcome to CO! Fun stuff. Hope you enjoy.

If you were on last night you would have been witness to what was possibly the longest Grond rift ever.

I'm gonna dig up an old thread with some links I like and post it for ya in case it helps out.

>>
These are/were useful for me (skip to the bottom):
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9453.0.html

The Wiki is down but there is an archived copy of it that is accessible here..

http://web.archive.org/web/20131120001804/http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/

That archive used to be really slow but it's not so bad now. The real Wiki really needs to come back, btw!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:22:59 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Tribunus

• Minion
  • Pinnacle of Virtue
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2014, 02:59:29 AM »
Wombat-Man is my FF. :) I'm having more fun with him. Next up is Phil, aka Filius Sathani, the Son of Satan. In CoH, he was the "son" of a Demon called up by the Circle of Thorns that got free and went insane. Said demon thinks he actually is "the" Satan (he's not). Phil is a homage to heroes like Marvel's Son of Satan and DC's Blue Devil.

In City of Heroes, he was a Fire/Fire tank.

In CO, I made him up as a hybrid Void...completely different in powers and function, but I'm enjoying it.

"It's not about where you were born. Or what powers you have. Or what you wear on your chest. It's about what you do....It's about saving others."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2014, 06:56:59 PM »
You're an old pro already!  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2014, 09:33:46 PM »
When I was in high school, I made a few panels of a comic called Kombat Wombat. This was around the time (hipster moment) that TMNT was just a black and white comic book, so it was something in that vein. I made him into a PnP Champions character, but I've lost all of that hardcopy to scan. I tried to make him as a rifle blaster in CoH, but I couldn't get a build that was true to the character concept but didn't suck. I should try again with the Soldier AT (I'm still a free player).
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2014, 09:46:31 AM »
Don't Goldies start with at least 1 FF slot?

They start with eight. Even better, every time you hit 40 on a character while subbed, regardless of if it's AT or freeform, you get a free character slot.

Tribunus

• Minion
  • Pinnacle of Virtue
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2014, 01:28:58 PM »
Now that I did not know yet. Let's get them up there. lol

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2014, 06:43:14 PM »

Wow! That is REALLY impressive! I'm impressed with how close to the original concept you were able to get! Well done!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »
Kos

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2015, 05:17:34 PM »
Couldn't find a good screenie of CoH Kos... have to dig around some more..

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2015, 11:20:17 PM »
Deeps. Most of the idea of this costume came from my 2nd CO toon, Senge.

CO Senge was inspired by one of my favoritist CoH toons

Some Faves:

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2015, 04:26:32 AM »
how do you take screen shots in CO?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2015, 05:42:34 AM »
The Printscreen key. /screenshot_jpg if you don't have that key.
/screenshot_UI_jpg if you want to include the UI.
Spess

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2015, 01:46:14 PM »
that was the thing I looked under -Options - Keybinds and couldn't find screenshot.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2015, 05:21:08 PM »
You should be able to bind the slash command Brou just posted to a key of your choosing.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »
Xev is a new build and (currently..) looks pretty close to Leezard who has the first CO costume I ever walked into the game with. I can't find a pic of the original Leezard from CoH who was the first toon I made when coming back to CoH and inspired me to make and play and PL and raid and farm with all kinds of melee toons which was a turnaround for me due to I generally played dps or support until then, The original Leezard was inspired by an iksar (lizard. edit:  Lizards were available with the 1st EverQuest expansion, Kunark. I made Deth on the day Kunark came out) Necromancer named Dethangel who was probably my first uberish toon.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:20:50 AM by Xev »
Some Faves: