Author Topic: Champions Toons Revealed  (Read 110499 times)

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
Re: Champions Toons Revealed
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2013, 05:47:52 PM »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2013, 05:59:34 PM »

Certainly looks like the source material to me!  Although right now all I can think about is Gundam. 8)

Well, yes. That's rather the point, yano?   Dynamo Joe (the comic) was (in part) very much an homage to Gundam. So naturally... :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:45:10 AM by Atlantea »

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »
Just a nice sequence of Dynamo Joe laying the smack-down on one of Cyberlord's robots on the Carrier Wave mission.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »
I still want to know why punching those robots repeatedly causes them to spontaneously disintegrate.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »
Heck if I know. Personally I think it'd be cool if they FELL APART and left debris rather than going up in an electric "zzzaAAAT/poof".

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2013, 02:12:47 AM »
I still want to know why punching those robots repeatedly causes them to spontaneously disintegrate.

Built-in safety feature.

The only way to insure that their technology isn't stolen is to leave no parts behind when one of them is destroyed. So, a feature was built in that senses imminent destruction and then triggers the machine's own complete destruction, leaving nothing behind that can be reverse engineered and rebuilt.

That's how Destroids first got their nickname. You'll never catch'em alive.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:21:53 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2013, 03:18:37 AM »
You know, that makes a lot of sense.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2013, 03:19:07 AM »
Built-in safety feature.

The only way to insure that their technology isn't stolen is to leave no parts behind when one of them is destroyed. So, a feature was built in that senses imminent destruction and then triggers the machine's own complete destruction, leaving nothing behind that can be reverse engineered and rebuilt.

That's how Destroids first got their nickname. You'll never catch'em alive.

Actually that's a hell of a good "No-prize" explanation there. Nicely done. In the book canon Dr. Destroyer's tech does this ALL THE TIME. When he leaves a battlefield, one of the things that always seems to happen is a final signal is given that self-destructs any tech that can't be removed. 90% of the time or better this works to perfection. Only very seldom does UNTIL, PRIMUS or anyone else manage to salvage any of his tech to try and figure it out.

Mind - this is NOT Dr. Destroyer. Cyberlord is sort of a wanna-be low-rent version. But I see no reason why he wouldn't do the same thing.

(Though you're incorrect about the Destroids. They're just called DESTroids cause Doctor DESTroyer makes them.  :D )
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:49:13 PM by Atlantea »

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2013, 04:05:51 AM »
You know, that makes a lot of sense.

Mind - this is NOT Dr. Destroyer. Cyberlord is sort of a wanna-be low-rent version. But I see no reason why he wouldn't do the same thing.

It's been like this at every evil overlord robot factory I ever worked at.

(Though you're incorrect about the Destroids. They're just called DESTroids cause Doctor DESTroyer makes them.  :D )

It's an ingenious double-play on words known only to Doctor Destroyer himself. Well, and me of course. And now you too!

>> This gave me lots of laughs last nite, btw. Thx  : )
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:50:19 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »
In City of Heroes, my Gravity Control/Force Field defender was named Gravi-Metrik. In Champions Online, I recreated him using the Impulse archetype.

Here is his profile biography:

My story is pretty typical for a super-hero.

I'm a researcher at the physics department of Millennium City University, leading a well funded project to develop potential uses for gravity control. Thus far, the chief implementation of the technology is the body armor that I'm wearing. I use it to do good deeds.

And that's really all there is to tell.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:28:27 AM by Todogut »

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2013, 10:38:56 PM »
Here's Kait0 in City

and here he is in champions

No where near the same.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2013, 08:41:35 PM »
These are not really active characters. Just designs I've made, but I think I'm getting kind of good at this sort of thing and I want to share.

First off - you saw my Gipsy Danger homage up-thread most likely. Well here's another Pacific Rim homage. This one is my CO interpretation of Cherno Alpha - the Russian Jaeger from the film.

Next - going in the COMPLETE opposite style direction - here's a collection of SHOGUN WARRIORS style "Super Mecha" robots.

Shin Getter Robo (Drakuun)

Great Raideen (Raydeen)

Gaiking

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2013, 10:34:48 PM »
These are not really active characters. Just designs I've made, but I think I'm getting kind of good at this sort of thing and I want to share.

First off - you saw my Gipsy Danger homage up-thread most likely. Well here's another Pacific Rim homage. This one is my CO interpretation of Cherno Alpha - the Russian Jaeger from the film.

Next - going in the COMPLETE opposite style direction - here's a collection of SHOGUN WARRIORS style "Super Mecha" robots.

Shin Getter Robo (Drakuun)

Great Raideen (Raydeen)

Gaiking

Those are pretty awesome. Especially the Raydeen. :D

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2013, 02:31:06 PM »
During the recent Double Questionite Weekend (cha-ching!), my characters grinded enough Questionite for me to buy Zen on the Questionite Exchange and purchase two new character slots and still have a sizeable Q surplus. A bit more grinding since then and I was able to buy the Squall archetype.

To try it out, I created a new character named Windstorm.

Here is her profile text:

UNTIL Metahuman Registry
--------------------------------
Code Name:
Windstorm
Species: Human
Place of Origin: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA

Notes: The subject and her father, Dr. Kurt Windstrom, are meteorological scientists. They developed technology for controlling wind and weather. She wears a cybernetic suit that enables her to command gusts of wind, freezing cold, and lightning storms.

She is a registered heroine and currently operates out of Millennium City.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:00:38 AM by Todogut »

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2013, 12:24:30 AM »
Well, I've added some toons, updated existiting ones since I made my post a while back. Here's a couple of updated class photos (Blue "Jae" is supposed to be "Jay", but I guess that name/word is illegal in CO...).

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2013, 02:06:26 AM »
That name is most likely illegal because of this guy:
http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Bluejay

If you made him blue something else, or some other colour of jay, it'd probably let it through.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2013, 02:51:24 AM »
That name is most likely illegal because of this guy:
http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Bluejay

If you made him blue something else, or some other colour of jay, it'd probably let it through.

Ah. Crap. Interesting though that it allows "Night'hawk" considering this guy's around now. Guess I could try "Blue'Jay", or as you said "<random color> Jay".

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2013, 05:15:12 AM »
Bluejay was in the game at launch, though. My guess is no one bothered to update the filter.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2013, 06:14:03 AM »
Thanks to Kaiser Tarantula for posting about the Champions Online Alienware Promotion - get the Devastator AT for FREE. I took advantage and created a Devastator character, named Dragon Princess.

Here is the profile text that I wrote for her:

My name is Betty Yee. I'm a graphic designer--although, I may not look like it right now, dressed in this ancient, magic armor.

I bet you're wondering, where did I get the armor? Well, my dad is an immigrant from mainland China, and he runs a laundry business out of our house. One day, a crate was delivered for him. We didn't know who sent the crate, only that it came from the old country.

I helped Dad open the crate. Inside, we found an ancient helmet. I picked up the helmet, and--as if by magic--I felt compelled to put it on.

Presto-change-o! I was magically transformed into the Dragon Princess: wielder of the Dragon's Eye Staff, righter of wrongs, and all-around do-gooder.

The best part is, when I wear the magic armor, I don't need my eyeglasses.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:26:22 PM by Todogut »