Author Topic: Champions Toons Revealed  (Read 110968 times)

Caradavina

• Underling
Re: Champions Toons Revealed
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2013, 11:47:01 AM »
Umm, this is in Champions online? Really?? It didn't look like that when I tried it... I might try it again just to bring my toons back to life if anything..
Feeling like a hero lost...

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 08:21:50 AM »
They're all CO screenshots, yes. Likely with the graphics settings fiddled with to make it look a little better. Notably, turning off the ugly comic outlining.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2013, 08:30:32 AM »
I grinded alerts to earn Questionite and exchanged it for Zen, enough to buy the Mountain archetype for my free Silver account. Then, I created a new character named Geo-Strata.

In City of Heroes, Geo had been a Stone Armor/Stone Melee tanker. Of course, his Granite Armor form looked the same as every other stone tanker. Here's how he looks in Champions Online.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 07:29:03 PM »

Eldershinjo

• Minion
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2013, 07:34:21 PM »
I have to admit, once you figure out how the CO costume creator works, it's pretty robust...
Here is my red-side demoness, Vilinia and what she looked like in CoH (or as close as I can get her via the ICON) and what she looks like now on CO...

I have a few others that I have managed to recreate to some degree. I'll try and get decent pictures of them soon and post them up.
Always remember... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2013, 02:45:18 PM »
I was channeling Masamune Shirow and well...

This is the result.

I completely redid X-357.  I couldn't make her original design or colors work in Champions as well as they did in CoH.  But I do like this new version very much.

Old Versions:

With some influence from Aegis Defender for the colors:
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2013, 08:11:56 AM »
After grinding for Questionite and exchanging it for Zen, I bought two more character slots on my free Silver account. I created a new character, named Samantha-Quasar.

In City of Heroes, she was a human-only Peacebringer. In Champions Online, she's The Radiant archetype.

The character is based on my niece, if she had super powers. When I first created the character in CoH, my niece was 14. Now, she's 17 and has a driver's license.

Here is the profile text I typed for her:

Hi, my name is Samantha. At least, it was, until I met Quasar.

One day, I was walking home from school and saw a gleaming ball of light fall from the sky. It crash-landed in my backyard! I was scared, but I could tell the living light was injured, so I approached and asked, can I help you?

She explained that she was an energy being from a far-away world. She told me her name, but I couldn't pronounce it. I called her Quasar, 'cuz it sounded a little like her name, and I had learned in science class that quasars are light sources in outer space.

Quasar told me she was dying and asked to bond with me in one body. It sounded scary, but she seemed nice, and I felt sorry for her and wanted to help. So, I said, yes.

I'm really glad I did! Quasar is like an older sister, always watching over me and helping. Plus, we're a heroine, which is way cool!

I told mom and dad, don't worry about us--being a heroine is fun!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:07:40 AM by Todogut »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2013, 03:41:52 AM »
It's only a costume, but I'll post it anyway ;)

I love the SOCRATES helmet...
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2013, 03:00:40 PM »
Ok I made a new alternate costume for Paragon That I'm hoping won't look like a copy of any other CoH characters.

It is essentially just a hybrid of his original Statesman like costume and my first attempt at an alternate costume that was meant to be Paragons own look. I didn't want the alternate costume to be mistaken for Tyrant anymore so I'm hoping this new version looks good.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2013, 07:45:35 PM »
After seeing yours, I deliberately made my alternate look like Tyrant. ;D (well, sort of a hybrid between States and Tyrant)

I don't know what you've got going with the giant crystal on the chest, but it looks cool! :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2013, 08:24:33 PM »
It's a magical artifact that is the source of his powers. Paragon is a guy who was inspired by Statesman to become a superhero and is actually a native of champions earth who used to play a City of Heroes PnP games until the game went out of print. He's only recently learned (some time after becoming a superhero) That Paragon City existed as a real place in an alternate reality and that some super powered people from that world have appeared on champions earth for various reasons.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2013, 11:34:56 PM »
Paragon is a guy who was inspired by Statesman to become a superhero and is actually a native of champions earth who used to play a City of Heroes PnP games until the game went out of print.

OK, this is an awesome touch! :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 08:21:51 AM »
I just saw Pacific Rim this week. I'm STILL gobsmacked by that movie, and I AM going to go see it again - this time in IMAX if possible.

Naturally - what's one of the first things I do? I run home to both the Icon program and Champions and using Gypsy Danger as inspiration I fashioned a couple of homages.

The Champions version is actually in the game as a Behemoth AT. And I've decided to do a shout-out to a great comic from the 1980s about a similar robot also piloted by a team of two and named him after that robot: 

DYNAMO JOE

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:24:59 AM by Atlantea »

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2013, 09:11:12 AM »
Just imagine using the super magnifier with him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FdoK5PYqMw

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2013, 09:20:41 AM »
Already have a couple of those. :)

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2013, 06:32:09 AM »
My newest foray into Champions...

The Iron Eagle

Erik Ackermann was a German Pilot during World War II. Making a reputation for himself as a combat ace, he was tapped for an experimental program named "The Iron Eagles" - a directive to outfit ace pilots with "Fighter Skins" - basically molded fighter craft that fit the shape and profile of the wearer. The purpose of the Iron Eagles was to be bomber defense - they were low profile targets and armed with super sharp bladed weaponry, could quickly dismantle enemy attack squadrons while being nimble enough to evade aggressive fire.

Iron Eagle with Wings deployed

Before the program could ever really get off the ground, Ackermann and the prototype Iron Eagle suit were abducted by an extra-terrestrial race, intent on using Ackermann and other super beings of Earth to help them fight a Civil War.

Despite "help" from Ackermann and his fellow abductees, the side they fought for lost the conflict. For their own role in events, the abductees were placed in Cryogenic suspension, to serve out sentences for aiding the enemy. 70 years later, their sentences have been served and all the abductees have been returned to an Earth they barely recognize.

Wings Retracted

Some have acclimated well to the new face of the world. Ackermann has set out to make a name for himself in Millennium City, deciding against going back to his homeland for obvious reasons (Most notably because Germany itself isn't quite sure what to do with men and women like Ackermann).

Taking care of business

Others, however, have not taken readjustment well. Major Thomas Redding - also known as Major Victory - is still adamant to fight a conflict long since decided and has taken to harassing the likes of Ackermann and the general population. This has earned the man a new moniker - "Freedoom".

All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »
So - a follow up to the previous post above in regards to my Pacific Rim inspired robot design. I decided he was fun enough to keep around and upgrade to Freeform after I decided to re-sub (hey - 10 bucks a month for 3 months - I figure why not?).

But I always hate to have my bio field empty, and since I was using the name Dynamo Joe, I figured I'd mash-up the two giant robot concepts in the background story.

You probably already know anything you want to know about Pacific Rim (and if you haven't seen that movie yet - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR?) but if you want to get the basic gist of where the Dynamo Joe elements come from, here's your reference link. ( http://comics.wikia.com/wiki/Dynamo_Joe )

So here's the character with the mash-up bio. Plus screenshots of Dynamo Joe and his pilots. Hope it entertains/amuses you.

After the Kaiju Wars, humanity united and colonized the solar system. Civilizations rose and fell for hundreds of years until the discovery of hyperdrive and the second great Diaspora began.

Two other advanced spacefaring civilizations were discovered in the local star cluster: the peaceful, cat-like Tavitans and the Imperium.

Then the masters of the Kaiju returned, the Mellanares.

Faced with a nearly unstoppable foe, the Terrans fell back on an old technique for combating them, Mecha soldiers to match the enemy strength for strength. The Dynamo Class Jaegers were crewed by 2 pilots once again in a symbiotic link with their machines.

One such Jaeger crew - Dynamo Joe - piloted by Alan Garana of the Imperium and Domru of the Tavitan, found themselves in combat with a Mellanare Space Kaiju near a subspace anomaly. They defeated their opponent but were drawn into the rift.

They found themselves stranded on an Earth on a different time and space axis from their own. Not only does this world seem to be thousands of years in the past of their own, but it also seems to be on a different timeline as well.

And the physics of the universe are even different! The universal scale of themselves and their Jaeger seem not to match the local physical environment. They are at least 50 times smaller than they should be. Microman has worked with them to develop an excursion belt that can expand one of the pilots at a time to normal human scale.

Still - they are heroes. Together with Dynamo Joe they can help where they can until they find a way home.

Oh - one last thing -

That "Space Kaiju" referenced in the background story?

It's not quite as dead as it should be...

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »
So - a follow up to the previous post above in regards to my Pacific Rim inspired robot design. I decided he was fun enough to keep around and upgrade to Freeform after I decided to re-sub (hey - 10 bucks a month for 3 months - I figure why not?).

But I always hate to have my bio field empty, and since I was using the name Dynamo Joe, I figured I'd mash-up the two giant robot concepts in the background story.

You probably already know anything you want to know about Pacific Rim (and if you haven't seen that movie yet - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR?) but if you want to get the basic gist of where the Dynamo Joe elements come from, here's your reference link. ( http://comics.wikia.com/wiki/Dynamo_Joe )

So here's the character with the mash-up bio. Plus screenshots of Dynamo Joe and his pilots. Hope it entertains/amuses you.
-SNIP-

Firstly, Pacific Rim is awesome.  Secondly, this character and bio is Beyond Awesome!  I like how you explain why the Jaeger is not taller than most buildings.  And Dynamo Joe is certainly a nice homage to Gypsy Danger!

Random character I've had around for awhile but recently updated her look:

Diabolic Wrath: a Reptile/Demon creature of some sort.  Sadly have not come up with a bio for her yet.  As I cannot really play her as a villain I was thinking that she was just released from prison for a specific reason; she was released from prison to assist the other heroes in Millennium City and instructed to "play nice," or its back into prison for her.

So no, she is not very happy about her situation, but it is still better than being locked up.

I like how her costume turned out.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:49:55 AM by DJMoose »
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2013, 12:56:50 PM »

That's a terrific look, there! And that last pic of her you really picked the perfect setting for the shot. Love the combo of vaguely reptilian look combined with the shackles. Makes you wonder what she can do once she's really free!

A little update on Dynamo Joe - I've got about 6 extra global costume slots free so naturally what do I do?

Tinker.

Here - check out the original source material for the actual Dynamo Joe comic (from the artists website):

http://derschtudio.com/dynamo-joe/

And then you'll get where I was going with the design below.

I'm not sure if this is any kind of "canon" look or not. Best notion I can think of is based on the original idea - that this is the space armor version - that the frame is the same, just the outer plating and equipment is more geared to space maneuvering than the ground-pounder above.

Then again, heck - I might just make a different character entirely based on this design.

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2013, 04:07:56 PM »
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:33:59 PM by DJMoose »
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian