Author Topic: What song are you listening to?  (Read 129039 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: What song are you listening to?
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »
Woman in Chains - Tears for Fears
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2013, 03:07:24 PM »

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »
Ocean Floor- Typefighter
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2013, 02:08:44 AM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2013, 04:55:34 AM »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »
I'm Your Weatherman - Delbert McClinton   From the Groundhog Day soundtrack

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2013, 04:01:49 PM »
Bush- Mouth

Type O Negative- Out of the Fire

Device-Villify

Superbob-popstar

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2013, 04:13:32 PM »
The Elder Scrolls V:  Skyrim, Original Game Soundtrack by Jeremy Soule. 

Pretty Epic.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2013, 10:37:27 PM »
The Elder Scrolls V:  Skyrim, Original Game Soundtrack by Jeremy Soule. 

Pretty Epic.
O.O   And it's @Heroette for the WIN!!!!!  I am now literally listening to the sounds of silence--no, not the song as so famously performed by Simon & Garfunkel, but I am just reading and not listening to music atm.  (I know, how pathetically boring!)   :P

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2013, 02:41:50 AM »
This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw

Nothin' like Dubstep.
And exceptin' this, I really don't care for it... so go figure. :p

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2013, 03:09:57 AM »
Hee hee, Houtex, I have no idea how your mind work, except that for myself there have been occasions when bands I don't care for would put out one song I really loved and/or the entire album was that way. (Album 45's I used to call them, back...  then.)   ;)

Anyhow, what I decided I need tonight as a good dose of mellow and so I am presently listening to approx 59 minutes of Serene a.k.a. bamboo flute  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YCAcXiHEdk  The photos also look pretty but i intend to fall asleep listening to this.  G'nite, Titan!  Rest well!   :)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2013, 04:56:49 PM »
This:

Nothin' like Dubstep.

-----

Phil Collins and N'Sync - Trashin' the Camp  (from the Tarzan Soundtrack)

That one never fails to hit the Quirky Awesomeness Button :D

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2013, 06:00:06 PM »
This:

Nothin' like Dubstep.
I've been delving into some dub lately. I've found Bassnectar to be some of the most palatable. He reminds me of Crystal Method in the way their songs sound like performances even though they are almost entirely electronic dance(ish) music. Dub is like '80's metal today. A way for the kids to let off some of that angst in a completely different way than is popular (although dub is sneaking into pop a lot lately).

For some unknown reason The Zoo by the Scorpions has popped up in my head a few times the last couple of weeks. Hopefully this will purge it!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:18:10 PM by blackjak »
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2013, 08:01:22 PM »
True companion - Marc Cohn
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Fifth

• Underling
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2013, 10:20:15 PM »
Blackstar - Celldweller

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2013, 11:38:25 PM »

-----

Phil Collins and N'Sync - Trashin' the Camp  (from the Tarzan Soundtrack)

That one never fails to hit the Quirky Awesomeness Button :D

ROFL on the cartoon!  Now, of course, I am listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvNxhh_xa0g (ie. what Triplash posted.)   ;D

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2013, 02:04:25 AM »
I was listening to the 3rd Brandenburg Concerto on YouTube but now am listening to the Powdermilk Biscuit Band:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyJAalspaKA  Aren't you glad you asked?  ;)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2013, 03:29:48 AM »
Didn't notice Trip's song under the pic. Reminded me that Tarzan was my son's first go-to-the-movies-movie. The soundtrack was so damn loud he cried and we had to leave. Contrast that to my daughter's first one (Mulan) where she not only stayed for the whole thing on the edge of her seat but clapped vigorously afterwards.

Can't blame my son, though. Phil Collins makes me agitated, too.

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2013, 03:40:09 AM »
And the mere mention of Milk, and here we go:
(deleted Youtube link... 'cause it's not as SFW as I'd like.)

But Youtube Judy's Milk, and you'll see what I was playing.

/The song is innocent.  It's totally about milk, like in a store, but people gotta put stuff in the video so kids and the easily offended can't watch it. Grr.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:46:56 AM by houtex »