Author Topic: CoH graphic settings edit?  (Read 2859 times)

BobMc

• Lieutenant
CoH graphic settings edit?
« on: December 11, 2012, 03:34:34 PM »
Is there a way to edit City of Heroes shadows and resolution now that the game is shutdown?

When I was running the last day, and often before, I turned off (or way down) things like Ambient occlusion and good shadows, 3d resolution, so that my older machine could run smooth in groups (and Atlas Park), now that I'm mostly just making screenshots and such, it would be nice to crank the settings up.

I'm hoping there a file somewhere, or a setting down some menu that we can still access.

I have Icon, Cameraman, CoHDemoLauncher2, and DemoEdit if any of those will help.
The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: CoH graphic settings edit?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »
If you just run cityofheroes.exe -project coh, you can get to the login screen, and there's a settings button that lets you adjust them.

Or, since you said you're running Icon anyway, just run it in normal (non-NPC mode) and hit the back button on the first screen. That will also get you to the login screen where you can adjust the settings.

BobMc

• Lieutenant
Re: CoH graphic settings edit?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 03:42:38 PM »
Thanks!

I just was coming back to say that I ran Icon and backed out of the character and was able to edit my settings file.

Thanks for the quick reply!

The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."