Author Topic: Let's play word association!  (Read 104696 times)

Dragonicism

• Underling
Re: Let's play word association!
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
Cow? Minotaur! Less cow, more dude.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2013, 02:22:13 AM »
Aand I went 'Infernal', in my brain:
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Infernal

It's the horns.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »
Horns...HORNS....HORNS!

I always think of this scene where Oliver Hardy goes crazy when he hears them...LOL
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #303 on: May 17, 2013, 04:12:59 AM »

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2013, 06:10:15 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHgGYW7-Oto

There ya go.

Picard is the best captain out there, Kirk is just schmuck!
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2013, 03:19:00 AM »
Oh, great, a Kirk Vs. Picard post.  Well, I'll tell ya one thing... Kirk had the better looking ship!

Look at her.  Excelsior is simply pudgy in comparison.  Sexiest ship EVAR.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs13/f/2007/112/3/9/The_Undiscovered_Country_by_okan1701.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1hxvPOIhE (I know it cuts off, but it's the best quality video of her movin' out.)

I still get goosebumps with that scene.  So majestic.  Robert Wise knew what he was doing, too bad Paramount rushed him... but they made good on the 25th Anniversay DVD.

And Jerry Goldsmith is the MAN with the music in this movie.  Stunning work, ya ask me, I think it's one of, if not the, best works he's ever done.

/Yeah yeah, John Williams is the man too, but that's a whole other subject.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:25:24 AM by houtex »

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2013, 05:04:46 AM »
I think of this when I think of excelsior...(a product made of wood slivers cut from logs and is mainly used in packaging, for cooling pads in home evaporative cooling systems known as swamp coolers, for erosion control mats, and as a raw material for the production of other products such as bonded wood wool boards and used as stuffing for stuffed animals.)

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:52 PM »
I think of this when I think of excelsior...(a product made of wood slivers cut from logs and is mainly used in packaging, for cooling pads in home evaporative cooling systems known as swamp coolers, for erosion control mats, and as a raw material for the production of other products such as bonded wood wool boards and used as stuffing for stuffed animals.)

When I think of excelsior, I think of Stan Lee.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Lee 

Who remembers that silly TV show "Who Wants to be a Superhero?"
/em holdtorch

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2013, 06:27:07 PM »
When I think of excelsior, I think of Stan Lee.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Lee 

Who remembers that silly TV show "Who Wants to be a Superhero?"

ok so maybe I'm a bit obsessed but ZOMG! Patrick Stewart as Prof. X. He is one sexy Englishman
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2013, 01:46:05 AM »
Aaand 'Sexy Cakes' just hit my head. 

/Which is kinda sad that *that* skit is the one that stuck in my brain.
//I really don't know what's going on in this cranium...

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2013, 03:53:12 AM »
Baby Cakes......lol. A pet nickname an old boyfriend used to call me.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »
/em holdtorch

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2013, 04:41:30 AM »
I *really* don't know... I honestly don't.  I've heard this from my nieces and nephews I suppose... but this immediately jumped in to my head:

"Fire Truck!  Fire Truck!  I want to ride on a Fire Truck!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emv-Yn6g1r4

/What's WRONG with me...
//Although, yes, who DOESN'T wanna ride on a Fire Truck?
///Who DOES wanna ride on one?!  .o/
////And edit:  Didn't click the link... I can only say it's a very badly done fire hose.  o.0

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2013, 09:50:52 AM »
LOLOL! When I think of a hose, I think of the pocket hose....and it grows!

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »
LOLOL! When I think of a hose, I think of the pocket hose....and it grows!

That's a hose, eh?  Well, ya can use it if ya want, ya hoser.  Take off, eh?

http://youtu.be/UKmuXw3lS10
/em holdtorch

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2013, 10:37:46 PM »
LOLOL....I love Canada, especially the bacon!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #317 on: May 25, 2013, 02:47:36 AM »
Canadian bacon... PIZZA!!!!!!!  All associations lead to PIZZA, if I'm hungry enough...     ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #318 on: May 25, 2013, 03:17:23 AM »
LOLOL....I love Canada, especially the bacon!

I'd be wary of that stuff if I were you. The stores here don't actually sell anything called  "Canadian Bacon". It might not be real meat. For one thing, look at it... it's round. Bacon comes in strips, dude. Dead giveaway.

Just to be on the safe side, you should give that package to me. I'll get rid of it for you...

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #319 on: May 25, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »
I'd be wary of that stuff if I were you. The stores here don't actually sell anything called  "Canadian Bacon". It might not be real meat. For one thing, look at it... it's round. Bacon comes in strips, dude. Dead giveaway.

Just to be on the safe side, you should give that package to me. I'll get rid of it for you...

(in best "deep cop baritone over bullorn" voice) Step away from the bacon!
/em holdtorch