Author Topic: Let's play word association!  (Read 104717 times)

Merseine

• Boss
Re: Let's play word association!
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2013, 01:54:53 PM »
Well of course we need to erase that scary sight by bringing Godzilla on the scene [think of it...Brooke Shields, Chris Atkins, both in loincloths...running from 'Zilla as she stomps up the beach...ah the heart warms] ...and I mean the REAL Godzilla from the movies of the 50's and 60's, not the stupid remake (WHY does Hollywood do remakes?!?!??  Is there NO ONE with an original idea in their head any more?!@?!??!?!???)  [/rant, sorry.]

I've got a friend who is a HUGE Godzilla fan...she's even got the signature SKREEE-ONK!!! roar as a ring tone.
/em holdtorch

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
I have a vision of two tiny women singing, "Moth-oo-rai-YUH, Mothura"

Mothra theme
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2013, 01:31:18 AM »
Tiiiny bubbles.... in the wiiine...

Yep, the word 'tiny' is mentioned, and I go with Don Ho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlCiDEXuxxA

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2013, 05:32:19 AM »
Well of course we need to erase that scary sight by bringing Godzilla on the scene [think of it...Brooke Shields, Chris Atkins, both in loincloths...running from 'Zilla as she stomps up the beach...ah the heart warms] ...and I mean the REAL Godzilla from the movies of the 50's and 60's, not the stupid remake (WHY does Hollywood do remakes?!?!??  Is there NO ONE with an original idea in their head any more?!@?!??!?!???)  [/rant, sorry.]

I've got a friend who is a HUGE Godzilla fan...she's even got the signature SKREEE-ONK!!! roar as a ring tone.
Bwahaha!!!! LOVE IT!!!!    8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2013, 05:35:46 AM »
Don Ho.  Hawaii.  Five Oh!!!   ;)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrkrQXuDq24  (Another popular song for the Jr. and Sr. High Pep Bands of the 1970's.)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Ad_Astra

• Lieutenant
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2013, 01:20:29 PM »
Surf's up!

Book 'em, Danno!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »
Cowabunga! Turtle Power!

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2013, 11:57:37 PM »
I have a vision of two tiny women singing, "Moth-oo-rai-YUH, Mothura"

Mothra theme

I always thought they were singing 'MOOOozillaaaaaaa' as in an internet browser shameless plug...  :o
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2013, 12:11:05 AM »
I always thought they were singing 'MOOOozillaaaaaaa' as in an internet browser shameless plug...  :o
ROFL, LadyShin and "MOOOo" reminds me of the "Cold Milk of Justice" as regularly served up one of our own CoH Titans here.  (Apologies for my inability to name him precisely, but he's an excellent skier, had his own AE video, and is one of the many wonderful Cow toons!!!!)   8)

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
'cow' always makes me think of this, and it cracks me up every time...

Cow babble
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2013, 10:59:42 PM »
This brought up two associations:

Battle Cattle:  http://www.sjgames.com/battlecattle/

Unexploded Cow: http://www.cheapass.com/node/48  (which is a game you can print out and play for free if you so choose)
/em holdtorch

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2013, 03:16:16 AM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #292 on: May 05, 2013, 09:57:55 PM »
That quirky musical number "Springtime for Hitler and Germany".  Don't ask me how or why my brain did that association; I only know that it did.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »
Quirky reminds me of my family.....

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2013, 11:50:09 PM »
The association part first (before I start seriously digressing... )  The Addams Familyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8GSUhjXbUw  Yeah, I always wanted parents like Gomez and Morticia since they let Pugsley and Wednesday do anything , even poison one another!  Plus does it get much cooler than dueling with swords inside?  (I was too young then to have the correct appreciation for the exotic French language and the effect it can have on men and sometimes even women!)   8)  Color me: Positively Ooky!  (And no, I am not gonna go post to What I am listening to just yet.  It's way too obvious!)

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #295 on: May 07, 2013, 02:15:02 AM »
I used to read the original Charles Addams comics before I ever saw the TV show.  So this sort of stuff is bread and meat to me.

Sorry for the huge picture.  It's what I found on the web.
/em holdtorch

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2013, 03:35:30 AM »
It's beautiful and perfect, Merseine!  While I liked the TV series and later the movies, in Jr. High the library added a number of Charles Addams collections!!  Those always were my favorite!

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #297 on: May 14, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »
'cow' always makes me think of this, and it cracks me up every time...

Cow babble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTc3PsW5ghQ

Ohhh....cow.

Cow?

Cow.

Cow?

Yip.

Cow.

Cow.

Yip.

Cow.

Yip.

Cow.
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #298 on: May 15, 2013, 02:21:08 AM »
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2013, 03:20:27 AM »
Hello.  Greetings.  Book book book book...yep yep yip yip....cow.  Cow.  Yep yep yep yep.

http://youtu.be/KTc3PsW5ghQ
/em holdtorch