Author Topic: Let's play word association!  (Read 105395 times)

Ad_Astra

• Lieutenant
Re: Let's play word association!
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2013, 04:05:39 PM »
Mmmm, bubble gum pop songs.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2013, 04:47:54 PM »
I said I wasn't gonna lose my head, but then POP! goes my heart (pop goes my heart)
I wasn't gonna fall in love again, but then POP! goes my heart (pop goes my heart)
And I just can't let you go... I can't lose this feeling

- Hugh Grant

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2013, 05:56:01 PM »
Sugar
ah honey honey.
You are my candy Giiirrll.. and you got me wantin' youuuu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JywK_5bT8z0

YAY!! Houtex! and Yay! Youtube!! I hadn't seen that cartoon performance by the Archies in ages (nor remembered all that well until now, Sabrina, the Teen-Age Witch.    *sings with the chorus "Pour a little sugar on it, Honey... "   8)  note: yesterday i looked at this version, the cartoon version I remember seeing as a kid with Veronica, Betty, Reggie, Jughead and of course Archie:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o  (one might almost think that in 1969 people thought love was magical....  *wink*)

*modified for misquoting.  Ooops!  Also I had always thought it was "You are my candy [comma], Girl" rather than "candy-girl" but um whatev.   Partial deafness/hearing can (and does) result in one's brain making up interesting things that weren't actually said, merely thought to have been.  Meanwhile, I'm still rockin' out on "The Loveliness of Loving You" - i mean does it truly get any better than that?   ;) 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:08:13 PM by johnrobey »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2013, 06:16:49 PM »
I said I wasn't gonna lose my head, but then POP! goes my heart (pop goes my heart)
I wasn't gonna fall in love again, but then POP! goes my heart (pop goes my heart)
And I just can't let you go... I can't lose this feeling

- Hugh Grant
Hey, Triplash; no worries, man, because you know "Hearts of the World (Will Understand)"

Starship with Grace Slick as lead vocalist:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLWFwSyRaHA
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »
Playing with the queen of hearts
Knowin' it ain't really smart
The joker ain't the only fool
Who'll do anything for you
Laying out another lie
Thinkin' 'bout a life of crime
'Cos that's what I'll have to do
To keep me away from you

- Juice Newton
/em holdtorch

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2013, 07:02:31 PM »
The Queen of Hearts from the Disney Alice in Wonderland....playing croquet with a pink flamingo.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2013, 10:53:41 PM »
John Waters
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2013, 04:56:51 AM »

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2013, 03:38:52 AM »
What a drag (queen).

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »
Drag Racing should be an Olympic sport. It can't be easy to sprint in heels and an evening gown.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »
But RuPaul makes it all look so EASY!  http://www.logotv.com/shows/rupauls_drag_race/season_5/series.jhtml

Of course, I am reminded of that one line from "The Tango Maureen" (from RENT) about how (for the guy) it's hard to do the tango backwards and his female partner replies, "You should try it in heels."  That line makes me laugh every time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0QfCIQgD94 Tango:Maureen - RENT

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2013, 01:19:59 PM »
The Last Tango in Paris....*shudder*
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
Left Bank!
/em holdtorch

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2013, 01:04:51 AM »
Seine!  I mean, um, Artist Quarter   8)

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:20 AM »
Remember when the best games took quarters?  I can't imagine how many quarters I used in Galaga or Star Wars or Mad Planets or Mappy or Quantum or Sinistar or...

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2013, 04:33:21 AM »
"I hunger!"
/em holdtorch

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2013, 06:11:56 AM »
Mad Planets made me think of Mad Cow Disease, then I thought Mad Planet Disease, and now I'm picturing a rabid Galactus chasing passing comets and barking at the sun.

Is that weird?

Edit: Dangit! Ninja'd cause I fell asleep before I could post. Stupid having to sleep.

Ummm... Hungry, Hungry Hippies? Hippos! I mean Hippos. Hungry, Hippie Hippos. No wait! I mean - aww dangit.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2013, 03:17:23 PM »
I agree; needing to sleep seems like a total waste of time--unless I don't--in which case sleep suddenly becomes vitally necessary.  On to the Hungry, Hippie Hippos and what I might associate with that.....  hmmmm......   

Mad Scientist Researcher!!!!!  Bwahaha!!

(How I got there.  I went into cursory research mode, googled Hungry Hippie Hippos, found some stuff, looked at various links then came back here to post.)

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »
"That's Frahnkensteen...."

/em holdtorch

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2013, 01:29:03 AM »
Aaaannnd... I'll just leave this here: