Author Topic: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game  (Read 120251 times)

Merseine

• Boss
Re: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2013, 12:49:33 PM »
Xanadu unfortunately doesn't have the most modern of amenities, so in the outhouse there are copies of The Youth's Companion to read and...er...um...use as needed.
/em holdtorch

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »
Does hunting for zircons while reading Roger Zelazny count, or have I committed some Grade Z faux pas?  :o
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »
Looks like it's time for a new hunt, and I am in the mood for some new clothes.
I went to Kmart and purchased a new Apron that says, "Don't make me slap you with my frying pan!"
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2013, 06:07:12 PM »
Oooh! I guess now's the time to show off my shiny new belt buckle. It's sterling silver and shaped like a big rig truck, with "Porkchop Express" engraved in the door. Awww yeah.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2013, 06:28:19 PM »
I am too busy laughing at what you guys just said to think of anything at all starting with the letter C, so I am going to have to sit this round out, but reserve the right to jump back in later.  Thank you both for the really goood belly laugh!  Laughter is indeed often the best medicine.   ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »
Well, padna, you can't ride a bull without Chaps... and sometimes you use them while driving a motorcycle too.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2013, 06:58:24 PM »
I suppose I'll have to dive into a 60's retro clothing store to find an appropriate DICKIE to wear....yes, that's a real article of clothing. Get your minds out of the gutter!  Because mine is already there and there's not room enough for everyone!
/em holdtorch

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2013, 09:25:12 AM »
Emerging ex parte to Explore and hunt Easter Eggs...

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
Emerging ex parte to Explore and hunt Easter Eggs...

Awww yeah, that's how this game is played! Just one last thing to keep in mind; each round has its own theme. This time around healix has challenged us all to find different articles of clothing. Like this:

*puts on a pair of earmuffs shaped like braided hair buns, so anyone who wears them looks like Princess Leia*

Try another one. You can do eet! :D

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2013, 11:51:06 AM »
Awww yeah, that's how this game is played! Just one last thing to keep in mind; each round has its own theme. This time around healix has challenged us all to find different articles of clothing. Like this:

*puts on a pair of earmuffs shaped like braided hair buns, so anyone who wears them looks like Princess Leia*

Try another one. You can do eet! :D
Thanks!  We never played this game when I was a child.

Puts on the fancy but frumpled frock coat so as to look the part  for that Victorian ball.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »
Well, since I like to recycle, I am donning my garter belt created from alumimun soda can pop-tabs.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2013, 05:03:38 AM »
To dress appropriately at the League for Archaic Pleasures meetings (a.k.a. SCA), I had to Hunt for HOSE to wear with a tunic and cape.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2013, 10:41:22 AM »
*Holds out a pair of ice skates* Anyone want these? I sure ain't usin' em.

I never did get the hang of ice skating. Ironically enough, I can walk on ice much better than I can skate on it. Go figure.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »
Just to be uber silly I decided to don the jerkin (re: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/jerkin ) made of motley dyed jute before takin' myself down to the street to dance a Jerkin in a jerkin along with all the homies!   8)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_sF_2OiTkk  (of course they dance better than I but no matter; we're just here to have fun with this... )  ;)

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2013, 05:22:35 PM »
Kilts.

That's it.  Kilts.

well, maybe some good boots and washboard abs....

/em holdtorch

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2013, 06:09:37 PM »
I'll take Lambswool and Llama hair and weave them into Lingerie for Lions and Leotards for Leopards so that the wolves don't feel lonely being the only ones running around in Sheep's clothing.

Thank goodness, I'm not SILLY nor take EVERYTHING too SERIOUSLY.   :roll:

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2013, 07:04:19 PM »
Motorcycle jacket. I'm trying to come up with something funny to add in but I can't. Apparently motorcycle jackets are just too badass, they refuse to be joked about. *shrugs* Whaddaya gonna do?

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2013, 07:27:15 PM »
Nehru Jacket.  'Nuff said.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »
OBI "brevity is the soul of wit" Kenobi.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2013, 07:53:56 PM »
WARNING: THIS IS A NON-SEQUENTIAL COMMENT TO TRIPLASH.  PLEASE DISREGARD AND LET THE HUNT GO ON.

Motorcycle jacket. I'm trying to come up with something funny to add in but I can't. Apparently motorcycle jackets are just too badass, they refuse to be joked about. *shrugs* Whaddaya gonna do?
Let's refer this question to Bette Midler, tho I think she'd agree motorcycle jackets are too badass to be joked about:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJEH9K04U5g Bette Midler "E-Street Shuffle/Leader of the Pack"   8)